Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 27, 2024, 12:22:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782901 times)
Istallri
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 24, 2014, 04:32:47 AM »

Hi! I do follow the game since quite a while now and I wanted to say that the last build is amazing!
I found the game still quite too dark but oh boy! Delver is really better and better with the time!

I hope this will continue because i love this game!
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3401 on: June 24, 2014, 05:18:04 AM »

I bet talented modders here (like M. 7soul above Well, hello there! ) would kill for a Steam Workshop integration. Well, me too as simple user actually Smiley

Hope it'll be updated on Android soon too! Beg
merpston
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 24, 2014, 08:34:04 AM »

Did you make the current pixel art? Just wanted to drop by and say that it looks great!
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3403 on: June 24, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »

Hm, my traps still don't work after the 5.5 update. Do I have to do something?

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3404 on: June 25, 2014, 03:19:33 AM »

bought the game on the community's choice, hopefully after work I'll give it a go

Rat Casket
Level 10

i can do what i want

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3405 on: June 25, 2014, 07:37:32 AM »

i voted for your game to be on sale <3

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3406 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:14 AM »

Thanks fellas! <3

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3407 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:55 AM »

Animated entities try to center the sprite frames, causing it to flicker if the frames are different sizes. Don't think this used to happen before version 5
Example: http://puu.sh/9JOpA/66fe6b9941.gif

Tiny
Level 0

TGD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3408 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:36 AM »

Just got this on the Steam sale. It's looking great guys! Will be back after I spent some time with it Smiley

ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 25, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »

Animated entities try to center the sprite frames, causing it to flicker if the frames are different sizes. Don't think this used to happen before version 5
Example: http://puu.sh/9JOpA/66fe6b9941.gif
strange, lighting looks good otherwise

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3410 on: June 25, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »

The frames must be the same size. It has always been this way as far as I know...

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3411 on: June 25, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »

The frames must be the same size. It has always been this way as far as I know...
So the sprites can't be animated? Works for enemies, but not for entities

This is the animation btw:

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3412 on: June 25, 2014, 01:13:39 PM »

Sprites can be animated. Yours looks fine, two frames 32x32 in size. I know we do some trimming of transparent space.

The torches in vanilla Delver are pretty much what you're trying to do.

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3413 on: June 25, 2014, 01:30:14 PM »

Sprites can be animated. Yours looks fine, two frames 32x32 in size. I know we do some trimming of transparent space.

The torches in vanilla Delver are pretty much what you're trying to do.
The vanilla torches also do it! You can see it if you look at them up close. I think that since they are centered in the 32x32 frame its a more subtle change

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3414 on: June 25, 2014, 01:53:41 PM »

Good catch. We'll take a look.  Grin

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3415 on: June 25, 2014, 08:04:39 PM »

if i hit an enemy in the sewer 2 level then they phase into the wall sometimes and if i kill them and they drop an item its stuck in the wall too.
it was on my livestream at one point, but i wont link that since you will be looking through it for hours.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
jbd41
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 25, 2014, 08:12:17 PM »

I just snagged this off the Steam Sale. I was hesitant about the reviews/comments that said it was too easy/beaten on first try/etc but I wanted to try it anyway. I got obliterated multiple times on level 1, felt confidence level drop.

Thought something was up. You JUST patched it to be harder. No wonder!
Jondog
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3417 on: June 26, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »

Yeah just bought this on the Steam sale as well, it's pretty fun.

1st time playing I died on the first level because I was bad at the game, the next time I managed to make it to the orb easily, then I died on my way out due to a skeleton that cast slow on me.
Going to have another try tonight.

SpyingFuzzball
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 27, 2014, 02:16:53 AM »

Dear.  God.  The difficulty in this game has been CRANKED.  In fact, it seems at points to be too hard?  Well, maybe not even hard, but just an overwhelming amount of damage, almost always from Spellcasters.  Even on the first couple levels, the "Blue Mage" is insanely powerful.  I feel as if they need to be toned down a bit?  I've been one shot a couple times, as well as two-shot consistently.  It's rather frustrating seeing the necromancer, then getting two-shot by his Dark Lightning in a matter of seconds, even though I have 20+ health  Sad  I know there are ways to circumvent this, such as Scroll of Magic Resist, but sometimes you just don't get that lucky...  Any info, or am I doomed to die at the hand of spellcasters in the blink of an eye every time?   Cry
On a side note, been following this game since it's release (My old posts are somewhere in the now 229 pages), and have seen it grow into such a unique, amazing game.  The art style continuously improves, as well as the mechanics... Here are some of my suggestions, or concerns!

1.  Spellcasters OP.  Lol.  Wouldn't mind seeing them getting somewhat of a nerf, or perhaps more resistance to it?  In fact, what does the "Magic" stat do?  I can assume increasing the damage of spells/wands...
2.  Add a block function for ALL weapons.  Having Left click + right click + spacebar for attack is a bit redundant.  Perhaps right-click could be a special kind of block, one that only comes into play if timed perfectly?
3.  Relating to point 2, seeing shields in the game would be awesome.  Sacrifice some speed / view for extra defense and a continuous block.  Could be exploited, but I'm sure you'd find a balance.
4.  Adding more varieties of armour!  For example, Ranger armour that increases the damage of Bows by +1 for each piece?  Mage armour that increases damage of wands and spells, while suffering more damage from melee (For being cloth, of course!), and adding, potentially, increased melee damage resistance for plate, as a "Fighter" set.  Maybe even a rogue set, too, for increased damage / speed / range for daggers.
5.  More weapon variety, in the case of ranged especially!  Slings, throwing axes, throwing daggers that could be tossed in rapid succession...  A crossbow, perhaps?  High damage, low fire-rate.  As for melee, perhaps the introduction of Quaterstaffs, axes, spears (Longer range, but prohibitive in close range combat)...  All kinds of things!
6.  MORE SECRETS!!!  Please!  I think I threw out a suggestion a while back for behind-waterfall secrets.  Would love to see this implemented.  Also, perhaps making some of the "Secret" doors less obvious...  Kind of sad to see the mini-map/map expanding beyond a wall that would otherwise be ignored, or the ONLY pathway that you can travel on turns out to be a "secret" stone wall.
7.  Perhaps increase the range of the dagger SLIGHTLY.  I feel like, when I use this, it's simply a spam fest for both melee and health items, going face-to-face with enemies and hoping I can stab him fast enough before a spellcaster melts my face off.   Tongue  I feel this also goes hand-in-hand with the shield, in relation to Point 3. 
8.  I love the campsite, but would love to see more added to it Smiley  I won't suggest anything, as the additions already added were incredible!
9.  An expanded soundtrack would be nice, and well worth buying, in my opinion. 
10.  More enemy variety, and for the love of god, patch the bats, PLEASE.  Hitting a bat three times with a 10-14 damage sword is a bit insane, no?  At least I think so.
11.  What happened to the variety of traps?  I remember a whole slew of them!  The teleport one, although frustrating, was rather hilarious.  Would enjoy seeing their return, and additional ones implemented.
12.  Perhaps a screen-blur for Ale?  Getting drunk in-game and sword-fighting would be rather hilarious.
13.  The Lightning Wand and some bows seem to have their trajectory SLIGHTLY off?  Am I the only one noticing this?  I feel as if I have to aim slightly higher than normal.
14.  Enemy AI pathing is a bit rough at times.  I've seen them get stuck on boxes, and simply stare at me, yelling threats lol.  Rather hilarious, but takes away some of the challenge.

Anyways, this game has come so, so far.  I can't wait to see what it will be like in the final stage.  Keep up the amazing work, and the fact that you listen to the community so much is a huge reason for me to keep my eyes on the games you update / will release.  I've suggested this game to many friends, and have bought it for them as presents Smiley  Please, keep up the amazing work!  This is a game I'll be playing for many years to come, I feel.
michelmohr
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3419 on: June 27, 2014, 05:44:20 AM »

Loving both Delver and Boarding party on my new Shield!
In case anyone wants my Tincore input profile for both: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15555199/tkm_com.interrupt.dungeoneer.humble.properties

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic