Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:16:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 779637 times)
that-ben
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: October 06, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »

I love the new sewers look, altough I think the old sewers should remain for like 1 level or something, it wasn't that bad.

Just small cosmetic bug in the new sewers levels tough Tongue

Also, is it me or the item drop randomization is little off? I got 3 excellent rings of greater protection AC+5 (gold item) in less than 5 minutes (on 2 floors in a row)

siskavard
« Reply #3521 on: October 06, 2015, 12:19:26 PM »

Was just playing today & naturally tried to roll my middle mouse wheel to scroll through the items - would be cool if this was a feature.
narpigwalrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: October 06, 2015, 12:49:24 PM »

Found a couple little bugs while playing. Strange merchant's arrows are named Arrow, while all the other ones that drop are named ARROW, so the 2 won't stack together. Kinda annoying to have 2 separate stacks of arrows. Also, new sewers are awesome, but I got stuck in one because there wasn't a ladder out of the water I fell into.
{VeTeR}
Level 0

The Dark Matter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3523 on: October 07, 2015, 02:23:23 AM »

I didnt know it works on PC! :D
I bought an android version. Is it possible to have both working or I need to buy PC copy?

that-ben
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: October 10, 2015, 06:51:22 AM »

Found a couple little bugs while playing. Strange merchant's arrows are named Arrow, while all the other ones that drop are named ARROW, so the 2 won't stack together. Kinda annoying to have 2 separate stacks of arrows. Also, new sewers are awesome, but I got stuck in one because there wasn't a ladder out of the water I fell into.

Yep, this happened to me also in previous versions and before there was even a bug where some arrows you'd shoot and then pick up would not stack with others.  This last issue was fixed I believe, never happened to me anymore.
Chezzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: October 29, 2015, 04:00:15 PM »

I'm really loving Delver, and it's cool too see a developer so involved with the community. Cheers Smiley

One small bug I've encountered however, is getting stuck in the walls in the sewer level when you try to cross the water sometimes. I was about 20 meters away from the exit of sewer 2 when it happened, which was a bit of a bummer :/

Besides that, I haven't encountered any other problems and I'm really enjoying the game Smiley
Skiffy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: December 23, 2015, 02:46:00 AM »

Awesome game and updates. I've had a lot of fun so far with this little gem.

Regarding the level tools, I have a request for level editing from the developer of Delver. You have the option to change the block tiles into the corner triangle wedges but it loses a lot of functionality when doing so. Would it be possible to make it so a tile can be split into the 2 triangle chunks that can be moved individually instead of one side becoming a solid wall? Its something that would be very useful for external terrain in the future.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2k0nfqgj5dq1nh/Tiles_Splitting.jpg?dl=0

Here is a link showing the concept. Blue is the current possible shapes and green is what can be done with this addition.

Cheers and keep up the awesome work!
Bo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3527 on: December 23, 2015, 05:58:22 AM »

super nice looking!

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3528 on: December 23, 2015, 02:36:59 PM »

skiffys idea actually sounds pretty interesting. it would be cool to see this used.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Skiffy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: December 25, 2015, 09:00:45 AM »

Hello everyone,

So I've gone ahead and made a custom starting /beginnings dungeon chunk and added it to my own mod folder. But its not being selected once after checking over 80 times with a brand new game. Is there a more up to date guide with what needs to be done exactly for this to work?

I made my own folder inside the mods folder galled JungleTiles, and inside that I made the generator/Dungeon/Beginnings folder and put my own dungeon chunk in their. I simply copied one of the already made ones from the game and did a bunch of edits to it including some new textures "which load fine in the editor" and wondering why it wont load. There is 9 pieces that come with the default game. I've named mine 10 and even went so far as to copy it and name it additional numbers with no luck. Anyone here had success replacing and or adding chunks using the mod API? Intterupt I would love some suggestions. Maybe its just broken right now?

Regards
Skiffy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: December 26, 2015, 03:29:19 AM »

Found some texture assignment bugs in the sewer section of Delver. Looks like it all belongs to a single area chunk when you look at the map. spots on the same tile. Unless this is a random generated one?

Xmas Delver is the best way to spend the late evenings.

that-ben
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: December 27, 2015, 05:24:43 PM »

Is the following intended tough? Tongue

Reise92
« Reply #3532 on: January 14, 2016, 04:38:51 PM »

Hello everyone,

So I've gone ahead and made a custom starting /beginnings dungeon chunk and added it to my own mod folder. But its not being selected once after checking over 80 times with a brand new game. Is there a more up to date guide with what needs to be done exactly for this to work?

I made my own folder inside the mods folder galled JungleTiles, and inside that I made the generator/Dungeon/Beginnings folder and put my own dungeon chunk in their. I simply copied one of the already made ones from the game and did a bunch of edits to it including some new textures "which load fine in the editor" and wondering why it wont load. There is 9 pieces that come with the default game. I've named mine 10 and even went so far as to copy it and name it additional numbers with no luck. Anyone here had success replacing and or adding chunks using the mod API? Intterupt I would love some suggestions. Maybe its just broken right now?

Regards
I don't check in here too often, so I'm sorry for the late response.

I hope you figured out the solution to the problem you were having, but if not, to me it sounds as though you are not placing your tiles into the generator.zip, correct? It should load your tiles once you put them in the corresponding folders they belong to in the generator.zip.

I believe it used to work that way so I hope I'm not giving out misinformation after the latest update(s).
RecidivistSW
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3533 on: January 15, 2016, 05:31:51 AM »

technical question.  does delver use mipmaps at further draw distances?

doctordingus
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: January 26, 2016, 05:46:13 PM »

Just wanna know if this game is still being worked on! Shrug

Obviously, developing games takes awhile but I'm just not really familiar with whether or not September as a latest update is a good sign or a bad sign.

Thanks!
narpigwalrus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: February 28, 2016, 12:51:49 PM »

Any new progress since the September update?
Chezzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: February 29, 2016, 05:35:13 PM »

It's a bit worrying that the devs haven't replied since early October. A little update on how development is going would be great, whether it's been progressing or not. This is the official dev journal after all!

Loving the game Smiley
TonyNowak
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3537 on: March 07, 2016, 07:49:39 AM »

Just got this and I love it, but are you guy's still working on it?
gnarz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: March 15, 2016, 05:16:42 AM »

on a related note, the last update of the (still advertised!) DRM free version on humble has been a year ago now. Will there ever be another update of the DRM free version or is it officially dead?
Chezzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: April 04, 2016, 06:47:43 PM »

I've seen some cool recent updates on Delver development on Cuddigan's twitter, any reason why none of that is being posted here?
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic