Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:19:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg Demakes[DONE] Deadly Cops
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: [DONE] Deadly Cops  (Read 21352 times)
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2008, 10:45:05 PM »

Deadly Cops

Possibly a complete version.

Only on Tiger Sauce LCD!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 06:59:39 PM by NWOGBBV » Logged
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 11:28:49 PM »

YES.  LCD.  YES.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:56:32 AM »

Oh god yes. Awesome.

hroon
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:22:57 AM »

YEAH!

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 02:22:26 AM »

Wondering when someone was going to guts up and do an LCD game.

Mervellous.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 04:17:11 AM »

Ha ha, just watch me wimp out and not finish it. Like all the other games I've started on in the past.

I've got movement, shooting and ducking worked out despite the game I'm demaking not having that last feature. It actually works quite well and you can screw up the animation order by mashing directions like it's a really cheaply made LCD game because I copped out and turned something I can't be arsed to fix into a feature. I'll be putting some mental effort into getting the enemies and hostages to work in patterns next, like I was supposed to be doing today, or I could continue to push it back some more and start pixel arting the unit around the screen, what does everyone think?
PenguinHat
Level 1

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you all!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 06:28:39 AM »

Ha ha, just watch me wimp out and not finish it. Like all the other games I've started on in the past.

I've got movement, shooting and ducking worked out despite the game I'm demaking not having that last feature. It actually works quite well and you can screw up the animation order by mashing directions like it's a really cheaply made LCD game because I copped out and turned something I can't be arsed to fix into a feature. I'll be putting some mental effort into getting the enemies and hostages to work in patterns next, like I was supposed to be doing today, or I could continue to push it back some more and start pixel arting the unit around the screen, what does everyone think?
You can pixel art any time, get the enemies and hostages to work!

Looking forward to this!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 07:12:57 AM »

YES Kiss

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 07:57:34 PM »

If you all thought that I had stopped working on this you would be wrong. Dead wrong.

This is what the unit looks like so far:

There are controls and stuff down the bottom, some you have to click on and others that you have to use the keyboard for. The sound button got lost somehow, you know how these things happen, so the sound is off by default. This is actually me calling out to any Tiggers who are rad with sound and would like to provide some beeps. Any time you want to pipe up about that is fine, we can work it out here or you can just message me.

If you look at one of the company logos on the bottom and are good at anagrams you will be able to deduce what game I am demaking. And if you think that MENERGY is a stupid name for my handheld company I don't want to hear it because you'll damn well get menergized for this game.

Here is an easy demo that is one level long and restarts once you get to the end because it's about time I released something.
Ciardhubh
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »

Ah I remember playing those LCD games way back; something with ninjas and stuff. Good times. Who needs fancy 3D true-colour displays when you can have LCD?

It's a bit hard. Especially since it sometimes feels like you get hit the instant a bad guy appears or even after you've shot him.

Also:
...MENERGY...

:D

Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 10:26:14 PM »

It's a bit hard. Especially since it sometimes feels like you get hit the instant a bad guy appears or even after you've shot him.
Damn Singaporean bootleggers!

Hey, did any of you dudes say pixel art?

increpare
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »

I'm not sure what sort of style you're going for, but maybe you should consider lightening the background a little?
BeamSplashX
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 02:54:06 PM »

I think it should have the feature from some Tiger handhelds where it would blast awfully tinny voice recordings at you. Just imagine the glory of hearing "DEADREE COPSU" blasted at you upon starting. And random remarks too.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »

I think it should have the feature from some Tiger handhelds where it would blast awfully tinny voice recordings at you. Just imagine the glory of hearing "DEADREE COPSU" blasted at you upon starting. And random remarks too.

I HUNGER
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »

I probably should do that, it will be the piece of wow technology that makes up for the shoddy build quality of this cheap game.

I heard a rumor that there is a new version up on the same link as before. I also heard that the stage is in the process of being redrawn with really terrible anti-aliasing on everything since that layout of the bank really sucked ass.
TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 09:00:12 PM »

I think this is the greatest platform decision yet.  Beer!
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »

The sprites should be anti-aliased. LCD screens could have smooth curves because they didn't use pixels.

I might be taking this too seriously.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 06:19:51 PM »

I didn't think that AA would have looked good on sprites of this size. Maybe if they were bigger, maybe if they weren't just outlines. We can all dream.

Manager of my sweat shop told me the worker drones might be done with the next version today or tomorrow. You heard it here first.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 04:39:36 AM »

You dudes can click on the download link again there is a very close to final build up on there right now. Saving hostages actually has a point now in that it gives you lives if you don't shoot six of them in a row. You can even get more than the standard five lives which is something that needs to be ironed out despite not wanting to be fixed. Also the duplicate cop sprites which crop up every now and again and the lack of sound which I will have to get on to myself since I didn't get any offers for outside help. It's still not too late though, anyone who is interested can still get in on that.

Maybe I should look into a different country for forced labour to get all these things ironed out because these Singaporean gangsters seem to have duped me into using the only workers in the country who don't build all the high-tech gadgets for rich western consumers. I may have to take the children's hands later tonight because they continually fail me. I guess these things happen in the cut-throat world of business.

EDIT: The children looked at me with their eyes and I lost my will so I put down my jungle action knife and spent the last money for the project on hookers. Then I tipped off Interpol and skipped the country so no more gangsters to worry about anymore. I'm now on my own again but I have found my LCD games so I can just record the beeps from those. Sound problem solved.

I will probably be totally finished with this in the next day or two.

EDIT#2: I have found some sounds.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:36:22 PM by NWOGBBV » Logged
trabitboy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 04:34:38 AM »

very very good,
using the "scale" of the competition to give a finish product  Grin

really looks plays simple but like it should be  Kiss
great contender !

Pages: [1] 2
Print