Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:29:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDungeon Dashers - Fast Paced Turn Based Dungeon Crawling [GREENLIT]
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Dashers - Fast Paced Turn Based Dungeon Crawling [GREENLIT]  (Read 146834 times)
overlordror
Level 0

Editor-in-chief of bears

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »

Alright, I played for a few hours and have a bit of feedback for you. First of all, the game works well on the specs I listed above. It *might* be a bit laggy when lots of loot is on the screen, but other than that the game ran fine and didn't make the computer so hot it felt like it was going to melt.

Secondly, do you plan on implementing a targeting system in the future? As it stands, it seems like ranged characters auto-select a target which isn't the best way for them to be played. Perhaps I missed an option, but I'd like for the ranger/mage to be able to blast away at full health targets instead of wasting turns on stuff the thief and knight have already softened up.

Overall, I've really enjoyed my experience with the game so far, just heading into the third level. I'm going to poke around with it some more this weekend and get feedback from my friend to see what she thinks as well.

Cheers!

http://NintyGamer.com | Managing Editor
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2012, 04:18:13 PM »

Alright, I played for a few hours and have a bit of feedback for you. First of all, the game works well on the specs I listed above. It *might* be a bit laggy when lots of loot is on the screen, but other than that the game ran fine and didn't make the computer so hot it felt like it was going to melt.

Secondly, do you plan on implementing a targeting system in the future? As it stands, it seems like ranged characters auto-select a target which isn't the best way for them to be played. Perhaps I missed an option, but I'd like for the ranger/mage to be able to blast away at full health targets instead of wasting turns on stuff the thief and knight have already softened up.

Overall, I've really enjoyed my experience with the game so far, just heading into the third level. I'm going to poke around with it some more this weekend and get feedback from my friend to see what she thinks as well.

Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed the game so far.

Regarding targeting, once you start a ranged attacked you can use the arrow keys to change target. They must be in Line of Sight.

It's interesting to know that it lagged when there was lots of loot on screen, I'll see if there's any particular code associated with that.

Thanks again!

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2012, 06:24:56 AM »

Day 364
* Added tileset format to editor. Data about tilesets is now loaded from tileset files.

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: January 02, 2013, 02:31:15 AM »

Amazing work by Gabriel, wish he would continue his badass Archer game  Sad

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: January 02, 2013, 05:16:11 AM »

Amazing work by Gabriel, wish he would continue his badass Archer game  Sad

Smiley

Gabe's daily devblog on the Archer was the inspiration for maintaining my own daily development blog. I remember seeing the Archer's development, hundreds of days in, and being so impressed by such an achievement Smiley

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:10 AM »

Yeah, I miss following The Archer Devlog. Gabe you need to do something about it!  Who, Me?

overlordror
Level 0

Editor-in-chief of bears

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:13 PM »

Hey Andy,

How do you get new builds when they're released after you've purchased? I don't see a login that keeps track of that or anything.

http://NintyGamer.com | Managing Editor
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2013, 05:35:08 AM »

Hey Andy,

How do you get new builds when they're released after you've purchased? I don't see a login that keeps track of that or anything.

Hey!

Players are notified of new builds via email. The download link remains the same as in your first email, and I can resend the link if you've lost it.

I haven't sent out any updated builds in a while actually, which I'm embarrassed about and I'm sorry for. Some personal stuff came up during late November and December which made it difficult to work, but I'm back on track now with the fresh new year Smiley

Hopefully all these experiences in development (good and bad) will make a helpful post-mortem once the project is done.

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: January 09, 2013, 05:56:32 AM »

Day 374
* Built tile collision tool (to change default tile collision properties in tileset files)
* Made tileset files load in core game
* Added scrolling for mouse in level select menu

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 09, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »

Just bought the game - now I'm gonna play it 'til the break of dawn.

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: January 09, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »

Hmm, how do you go from fullscreen to winmode?

January, she doesn't have a name for her bowskill, my version just says "(Core ability, can't be changed)", on the others it says "SKILL (Core ability, can't be changed)".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:37:49 PM by Hipshot » Logged

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: January 09, 2013, 05:37:15 PM »

Hmm, how do you go from fullscreen to winmode?

January, she doesn't have a name for her bowskill, my version just says "(Core ability, can't be changed)", on the others it says "SKILL (Core ability, can't be changed)".

Thanks for the tip, I'll fix that. Cheers!

Hipshot
Level 2

GOTTA GO FAST!

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 10, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »

I would really like a speed-up button, or something to speed the game up when the computer is doing his turns. I'm a very impatient guy, that's why I usually stay away from turn based roguelikes, even if I really dig the concept and love rpgs. =)

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: January 10, 2013, 06:34:25 PM »

I would really like a speed-up button, or something to speed the game up when the computer is doing his turns. I'm a very impatient guy, that's why I usually stay away from turn based roguelikes, even if I really dig the concept and love rpgs. =)

That's a good idea that I'll hopefully implement at some stage. It was in early versions of the game but it had bugs.

deadlyhabit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 11, 2013, 04:17:17 AM »

So when are you implementing the hat shop?  Wizard
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: January 11, 2013, 04:20:04 AM »

So when are you implementing the hat shop?  Wizard

Not sure when that will happen :p it's not a core priority right now.

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: January 12, 2013, 05:39:50 AM »

Day 378
* Imported new tiles
* Worked on building a forest level
* Bugfixes on level editor

A few problems in the the tileset made it difficult to build the maps I wanted. Looking into those issues tomorrow.

I'm also hosting a Pomodoro jam session at my house for myself and a couple of other developers. So I've got high hopes for productivity.

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: January 12, 2013, 06:06:16 AM »

What other level themes are you planning on? Smiley
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #458 on: January 12, 2013, 03:44:16 PM »

What other level themes are you planning on? Smiley

There are currently:
* Cave (what's implemented) - there's lava tiles too which I haven't used in a level yet.
* Forest
* Ancient Egyptian Tomb
* Castle (which uses some cave tiles)

Those tilesets are all available right now, but I haven't built levels for them yet. They'll be in the level editor for people to muck around with, but I'm not sure what's possible (there could be a few missing tiles, which we'll fix up when we find them!).

If there's time/room/resources/money I'd probably also like to make an "ice cave" tileset and maybe a small special tileset for the final boss (whoever that is!)

Uykered
« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2013, 03:10:57 AM »

Nice to see you're back at it every day again! :D
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic