Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 06:17:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDungeon Dashers - Fast Paced Turn Based Dungeon Crawling [GREENLIT]
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Dashers - Fast Paced Turn Based Dungeon Crawling [GREENLIT]  (Read 146762 times)
JigxorAndy
Level 6

Working on Dungeon Dashers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: March 19, 2013, 06:45:06 AM »

I've been going to bed really late working on this game so I've been too tired to post updates. So right now, the past 3 days of updates!

I've been rebuilding a couple of the introductory levels because the previous ones had weak dialogue and weren't very interesting.

Day 442
* Built new level 1 tutorial which has much better storyline and introduction to elements in the game

Day 443
* Began work on level 2 which still has many tutorial and dialogue elements
* Added more variations to the obstacles which the knight can charge through

Day 444
* Finished level 2
* Built new level with Dragon boss

Dragon boss level:

This will be the final level in the GDC build, which will be done in a couple of days.

I don't think I'll be able to do many more changes to the core game. I would have liked to make inventory better, etc. I'll have to spend most of my time making new levels, but we shall see how time goes.

Here is my todo list for GDC, straight from my notepad, all poorly written:
* Design 3 Forest Levels
* Build forest levels
* See if I can retroactively add cave levels
* Stats showing
* epic chests + loadouts
* Arrow keys working on everything
* Unlock lots of skills
* End Screen stats
* Main menu logo/buttons working
* Bug fixes

That's the features I think I can get in... there were a few more that I wanted to but probably won't have time. Such as healing potions.

Twitter / Dungeon Dashers: Website / Steam Store
nightz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 19, 2013, 07:23:55 AM »

Hey Andy, the new shot looks amazing, also is your progress!! I hope everything goes well on GDC, can't wait to play the next build  Hand Any Key If you need any help, just drop a message, i'll be glad to be helpful  Beer!
jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: March 19, 2013, 08:09:21 AM »

that boss screenshot looks EPIC!  Epileptic

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2013, 06:03:19 PM »

Thanks for the kind words guys! Smiley More work today!

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: March 21, 2013, 08:32:09 AM »

Going to GDC tomorrow.

Too tired to do much!

Build 276 is out! Get it at your original download link.

Need to email everyone about it. But will do that sometime when I'm free.

editmode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 21, 2013, 10:47:52 AM »

Looking forward to trying this at GDC!

UFO Dad coming soon!
deadlyhabit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:02 PM »

Good luck at GDC bro.
nico010
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 25, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »

I met a strange IA bug on build 276.

I had no choice, I had to restart this level.

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: April 11, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »

I met a strange IA bug on build 276.

I had no choice, I had to restart this level.

Thanks for the post. I ran into that same bug myself and tried to fix it before the GDC build, however I think I broke the AI a little bit more!

Just a quick update to everyone: GDC was absolutely fantastic. I met so many cool developers and the game was very well received at GDC Play. I've been pretty busy since GDC but will be getting back to regular game updates soon.

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »

Day 481
* Added auto-revive when players die

Day 493
* Changed textboxes so that pressing spacebar displays all text instead of speeding up. (Stops missing messages).
* Changed textspeed to be more consistent across more machines.

I've been really busy after I got back from GDC. I'm actually studying part-time at uni (Masters of Software Engineering), so I had a couple of assignments for that. I'd like to get back into working hard on the game and really pushing it to completion. So here's my first post of more to come. I'm aiming to get back into daily posts.

Uykered
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »

Cool stuffs, good to see your continuing it again.
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #591 on: May 09, 2013, 06:34:42 AM »

Day 496
* Implemented new epic chests unlocks to unlock new items (weapons, armour, etc.). Levels will now contain these chests.
* Made white teleports reset only when an individual character's turn passes (i.e. on the start of their next turn). This means that players don't accidentally walk on top of the teleporter after moving everyone there.
* Increased Ryder's critical hit base damage from 11% to 51% making blinking behind enemies more advantageous
* Decreased miss chance for ranged characters
* Did more level design and dialogue writing

Epic Chest (Philip made this):

Tomorrow I hope to implement a new equipment selection screen and build a new level.

Little Nando
Level 1

Working on Tough Coded Project

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: May 09, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »

I´m your biggest fan Andy! Just played ANT SURF HERO for the first time. Jaw-dropped.

Little Nando / Twitter / Blog
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: May 09, 2013, 05:36:19 PM »

I´m your biggest fan Andy! Just played ANT SURF HERO for the first time. Jaw-dropped.

Thank you very much for the kind words Smiley I'm glad you enjoyed it!

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: May 10, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »

Day 497
* Did design work on new equipment screen.

Now that there are some new items to unlock I've been iterating over some new designs for the equipment screen (and later the level selection screen too). This will be the fourth or so iteration on the design, and I will try to include some basic artwork in this version as well, as everything has used placeholder art so far.

JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: May 20, 2013, 08:10:01 AM »

Day 505
* Worked on implementing the equipment screen

This is a mockup I created of the equipment screen, and in-game it looks pretty much the same:

A better version of the final artwork will be created by Philip or Chris, so it's not final art, but I needed to do it to work out the layout and make sure things are usable. I'm pretty happy with this design now. A scroll pops up when you select an item to give you a selection amongst other items.

It will probably take a couple more sessions to fix this up. It is functionally working, but it needs some niceties like showing the stats for each item and how they affect your base stats.

The consumables are slots for potions and the like which will give the heroes temporary buffs in-game.

After I've built this equipment selection screen I'll be working on a level selection screen. I'm planning to do a world map styled piece since the game has a linear direction and story.

I also launched a new website for Dungeon Dashers a few days ago (which is what I had been working on recently).

You can view it at http://www.dungeondashers.com

nightz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 20, 2013, 08:25:19 AM »

The site looks awesome, everything in one page is ACE. I loved the new character sheets. It looks alot better than the squary-old-buttons and doesn't look like a form at all. Keep the good work andy Smiley
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #597 on: May 20, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »

Thank you nightz! Smiley I think the new site is working well in terms of getting the right information to people and sales. It took me about 20+ hours to make, according to my time tracking software, and I think it was worth it!

irajacobs
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 05, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »

Just bought a 4-pack of dungeon dashers, loving the single player.  Is there an FAQ somewhere?  I imagine these will be repeated questions, but anyway, here goes:

1) I was in the forest area, fighting spiders, and one of the small spiders bugged out on its turn, endlessly trying to run somewhere and not succeeding.  I can look around with tab or RMouse, the music plays fine etc.  It's not actually frozen, but it effectively is.  I can't access a menu with Esc or find any way to make the game proceed. Here's a screenshot that probably won't help:

2) How do you play multiplayer?  It was grayed out on the main menu for me.  Is that just until you've done the "tutorial" areas?  I haven't run the game a 2nd time yet haha

Thanks a lot, had great fun until it bugged out here Smiley
JigxorAndy
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #599 on: June 05, 2013, 02:42:49 AM »

Hey! Thanks for the questions.

I've been trying to fix some of those pathfinding bugs. It looks like the switch might have something to do with it (it might have thought it was an empty tile and got stuck when it couldn't move onto it). I'll take a look at it. Thank you.

Multiplayer currently isn't implemented yet, but will be coming in future versions. Sorry if that's caused any confusion!

If you've got some support questions, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] and I'll do my best to help you out.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic