Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:02:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesSoundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Soundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)  (Read 228875 times)
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: September 08, 2008, 12:02:01 PM »

Smile, you're on destructoid!! Grin
http://www.destructoid.com/silent-hill-goes-retro-introducing-soundless-mountain-ii-102836.phtml

medieval
« Reply #161 on: September 08, 2008, 12:18:34 PM »

Now you are crowned epic.
Gangles
Level 0

Quixotic Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: September 08, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »

I was just linked here by Destructoid, wanted to congratulate you on what looks like an incredible game!

I was wondering if it was possible to acquire the song you used in the preview trailer, I went through the game's audio files but couldn't locate it.

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »

Huge congrats on the destructoid interest bro - some really nice comments popping up there  Cool
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 09, 2008, 01:01:01 AM »

I loved this right from the start Smiley Silent Hill 2 is one of my all time favorite games, and you've really done it justice! The atmosphere and timing are perfect, and I really enjoyed the combat too. You've done a hell of a job with this! Smiley

Only real problem is that it's too short - you've got the build up absolutely spot on, so it's shame that the demo cuts out just as things are starting to get intense. I really hope you continue working on this! I wanna see your take on the apartment cutscenes and the first "triangle head" encounter Smiley

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: September 09, 2008, 01:02:52 AM »

Wow, thanks for your support everyone.  It's been a rollercoaster ride.  I'm so happy so many people enjoyed it.  I only hope if you didn't like it, you didn't like SH either, haha!

Deadeye, thanks for your kind comments, I'm glad I didn't let you down.

Thanks for the heads-up... that made my day haha!

I was just linked here by Destructoid, wanted to congratulate you on what looks like an incredible game!

I was wondering if it was possible to acquire the song you used in the preview trailer, I went through the game's audio files but couldn't locate it.

The track is myself and DJ Makoto's (from Japan) remix of Akira Yamaoka's 'Laura Plays the Piano'.  As it's a remix and not original, I couldn't include it in the game.  Sorry!

Gangles
Level 0

Quixotic Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2008, 08:14:50 AM »

The track is myself and DJ Makoto's (from Japan) remix of Akira Yamaoka's 'Laura Plays the Piano'.  As it's a remix and not original, I couldn't include it in the game.  Sorry!

Would you happen to be hosting the track elsewhere? I'm very much interested in injecting it directly into my brain mp3 player.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2008, 09:17:18 AM »

Hey man as there's quite a big chance this will end up on my record label, I just can't let it out yet, so sorry!

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »

Pretty great! Love the music and sounds. It's easy to get lost in the city though, with all those camera changes. Also, at times the character is pretty much walking into the edge of the screen; the camera should give him a little more room at least, right?

But whatever. It certainly captures the essence of SH2; definitely creepy. Looking forward to finding out where it will deviate from the original!

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2008, 11:54:21 PM »

Personally, I like the confines of the camera - it has the desired effect of creating claustraphobia and fear of what's to come.

It feels like you're being watched by something evil  Evil
redshift
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2008, 06:20:22 AM »

Nice work with the coverage from Destructoid.  I can only hope that development on this mighty fine port does NOT stop here!!!

Nice work

:D

Smiley
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »

Kiss

Superflat, as a rabid fanboy of the original game, let me heartly congratulate you for this immensely well done job. Gentleman

The pacing is perfect (though you probably should add in running (with stamina even) in the next updates) and definitely mimicks the original. You could also totally include an 8-bit pic of the mountains in that initial scene, which is already great. Man, this brings me back.

You MIGHT have been a little more emotive about the red squares and the dead guy in the alley, but it's still great, and the atmosphere is impecable. The sounds of the patient demons are just as fucking unnerving as I remember them. Kiss And even with the massive low res you added the message in blood inside the bar.

This makes me want to go through the game all over again. And I can only wonder what you'd do with the Alternate Silent Hill parts, which were the scariest for me in the original.

Good job. Gentleman

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2008, 10:54:29 AM »

the game seems to run in hyper speed mode for me.. any idea whats wrong?
-Edmund
Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2008, 11:02:41 AM »

I'd assume problems with the timing code.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2008, 01:00:41 PM »

Hi guys I really want to give a proper response to your comments but I have no net at the moment. Thanks for playing, I'm still working on getting the apt done for a post compo treat.

Very quickly though, about the frame rate - try changing your frame rate to 60hz with vsync on if you can.. Think the vsync is the problem maybe.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »

Yes, if you only use vsync for timing you're going to have the game work with a higher frame rate on monitors using higher refresh rates.

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2008, 05:26:29 AM »

@ Lurk,
Thanks for saying you enjoyed the combat - it seems to work better than expected in 2D...  Given me a few ideas for my next project, haha!

@ Melly,

You're quite right and there's not much I can do about it at this point.  I'm afraid if you can't get vsync on it's gonna run weird for you.  Luckily not too many people have this problem.

I'm so glad you liked it sir, your comments made me really happy.  I'm not sure I totally know what you mean about the red sqaures and dead body... if anything I tried to make the body more of an event (through music / tight corridor) than in the original.  What would you have changed?

@Terry,

I know it's frustratiung that it cuts short.  I've already done quite a lot more on it, and I wish I could have had another week to get it in the compo entry.

Anyway, here's some WIP shots of the new areas.  I have the handgun and Mannequin demons done now (with new scary sounds!)  The combat's really fun in those tight corridors now.  You can also see I've updated the flashlight mask.  It creates instant spookiness!

Pitcairn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »

I actually signed up to this site just so i could leave a comment about your game.

For the past week i've  been testing all the games in the De-Make competition and i have got to say, in all honesty. That your's is by far the greatest.

Never before has a 2-d game made me feel this amount of tension. And it's all to do with the way you successfully pulled of the atmosphere of the game.

Orgasmic/10.

I look forward to you winning this competition, then finishing off the game.

Good luck my friend,

Pitcairn.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2008, 02:08:29 AM »

I actually signed up to this site just so i could leave a comment about your game.

I look forward to you winning this competition, then finishing off the game.

Good luck my friend,

Pitcairn.

Hehe, I highly doubt I've a chance of winning, but it was never about that...  In fact, it's comments like yours that make it worthwhile - thankyou so much!

Pitcairn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2008, 01:05:15 PM »

=]

Thanks.

Oh, also the combat is incredible. I'm nto sure how you managed to do it, but you actually made it fun xD

My question is, are you going to de-make the whole game?
If so, then i cannot wait for the absolute nail-breaking scenes with Pyramid Head.

Gah, something to finally rival I Wanna Be The Guy in fun-ness.
Lets just hope you don't mess up =p

Pitcairn

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic