Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411519 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 02:11:36 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesSoundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Soundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)  (Read 229113 times)
Matt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »

I love what I have been able to see of the game so far, but it crashes every time I attempt to save. Any suggestions?
The 42manZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »

I downloaded form the link but when I tried to unzip it, an error message came up that said "The system Cannot find the file specified".
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2008, 02:35:43 AM »

Hehe, I highly doubt I've a chance of winning, but it was never about that...  In fact, it's comments like yours that make it worthwhile - thankyou so much!

I believe your game is most likely going to be the winner.  Smiley
That is my bet anyway.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 12:37:46 AM by Blueberry » Logged
ChevyRay
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2008, 04:03:36 AM »

This game is so damn rad.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2008, 12:28:00 AM »

Oh, also the combat is incredible. I'm nto sure how you managed to do it, but you actually made it fun xD

My question is, are you going to de-make the whole game?
If so, then i cannot wait for the absolute nail-breaking scenes with Pyramid Head.

Thanks once again my friend.  I'm still working on it, and I've improved the combat - in fact you can see what I'm up to in my new Destructoid interview:

http://www.destructoid.com/destructoid-interview-soundless-mountain-ii-s-jasper-byrne-104274.phtml   

I love what I have been able to see of the game so far, but it crashes every time I attempt to save. Any suggestions?
I downloaded form the link but when I tried to unzip it, an error message came up that said "The system Cannot find the file specified".

Hey guys, the only thing I can think of is that the server for 'willhostforfood' might have been down.  I downloaded it on a friend's machine yesterday and it worked.  Have you tried again?

I your game is most likely going to be the winner.  Smiley
That is my bet anyway.

Embarrassed Aww, shucks.  Don't know what to say, but... thanks!

This game is so damn rad.

Thanks so much, I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2008, 06:41:47 AM »

HUUUUGE congratulations on the interview man. That was the best 10 minutes I've had all day.
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2008, 11:51:02 AM »

I was really astonished by the graphics and music (really loved the music  Kiss).
They really created a perfect atmosphere.

I also loved that you redesigned the protagonist in NES-style. The original character was more of a everyday guy in looks, yours has more personality. Only minus is his clownish haircut Wink.

Also, good luck with the record label!
Duncan
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2008, 02:33:42 AM »

Loving this demake.   Beer! Gentleman
The 42manZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:32 PM »

Hey guys, the only thing I can think of is that the server for 'willhostforfood' might have been down.  I downloaded it on a friend's machine yesterday and it worked.  Have you tried again?

Yeah, I was extracting the files incorrectly. I got it to work though and I gotta say: Awesome Job Man!

Out of curiosity, are you planning on finishing the demake, even if you cvan't do it before the end of the compo? I mean doing the entire game.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 02:05:29 PM by The 42manZ » Logged
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »

Hey there...

If I'd have know other people were gonna keep on updating their entries post-compo I'd have done the same, haha.  I just thought it wasn't allowed!

I've been working on it, although it's kind of on the backburner right now - if you take a look at the Destructoid interview you can see I've got another project on the go, something I've been wanting to make for years, but wasn't sure exactly how to present... but having learned a few things from doing SMII, I've got newfound momentum.

This game, 'Amnesia' is getting quite interesting.  It's a sort of 'magical survival adventure' - survival horror with some bits that aren't horror, a hopefully quite deep storyline and elements of point'n'click adventures... 

The pic on the interview is just a rough concept, done in SMII style - it's already looking much more interesting thanks to the amazing artist I have onboard, Lord P. Duncan!  (And there's another who I can't mention yet as it's still TBC, but he's a well-know UK mangaka and all-round great guy!)  Also there's gonna be realtime isometric shadows, cel-shaded 3D characters - a few things I don't think I've seen in a 2D game before!  Smiley

The 42manZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2008, 04:15:47 PM »

I gotta say 'Amnesia' sounds pretty awesome, good luck on it, I'll definitely check it out when it comes out.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »

Thanks, it may be quite a while because we really wanna make something special (or die trying!)  Right now it's in a sorta design / r&d phase, and I might end up doing the rest of SMII just to take breaks from it. 

I'm dying to share some of the great concept art being done by Lord P, but all in good time...

fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2008, 06:28:47 AM »

Good luck Jabba, and just to let you know I got to 'the labyrinth' on RL Silent Hill... don't know if I can continue without you though!

It really is the most terrifying game committed to disc. Way, way scarier than any Resi. I can see why you fell in love with it now - though I would imagine it has  always been a love hate relationship, it's hard to love something so insidiously harrowing.

I consider it so much more an 'experience' than a game, in the sense that you can win or lose a game. For the inhabitants of Silent Hill, there are no winners.

You can probably tell this game has got under my (straight-jacket-woven) skin.

Oh, and definately finish SMII, I can help much more now I'm getting there with the original.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:39:02 AM by fullspectrum » Logged
The 42manZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20:21 PM »

Since this is a demake of two, has anyone played Homecoming? Is it any good?
jwbowyer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2008, 01:10:13 PM »

Great game you've made here. I'm really enjoying it. But for some odd reason, whenever I hit continue the game closes on me... I've yet to figure out why. I could load my game last night. So who knows...

Anyways, good luck on Amnesia/i].
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »

What did you make this game with, by the way?

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2008, 02:12:58 PM »

Hi Hideous, it was all made in BlitzMax with no special tricks...  Just a framework I've been using and changing over the last few years.

Trying to start a new framework in XNA now, it's a much bigger task!

laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: October 04, 2008, 09:22:29 PM »

Congrats on the win!!
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »

Congrats Superflat!  Beer!
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2008, 04:00:12 AM »

Thanks guys, I've been making games since 1984 and this is the first time I've ever won anything!  Not that it really means anything, because there were some great games and these sorts of compos are so subjective.  Then again, it was nice to know something I really cared about touched a few people.

I will come back to SMII when I have the time.  I work full-time and I'm currently putting all my spare time into my 'Amnesia' game, but like I mentioned I've already made a start on the Apartment Buildings, and got handgun combat and Mannequin Demons in there.  So when the time comes and I need a break from Amnesia, I'll put the rest of the stuff in that I originally hoped to do. 

You know it's not over 'till Polygon Head sings!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic