Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:54:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesSoundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Author Topic: Soundless Mountain II [NES] FIXED LINK! (OSX / PC)  (Read 228860 times)
fullspectrum
Level 1

Rogue Harvester

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2008, 12:44:54 AM »

Huge congratulations big bro, inspirational  Kiss
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2008, 06:52:20 AM »

Told ya' so! Wink

Congatulaions, very well deserved.
AClarkFS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2008, 12:08:30 PM »

Ive got the hyperspeed problem... and I cant do the vsync trick, a shame...
PixelScum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »

A bit late, but congrats on the win.
Kaffee
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2008, 03:53:42 AM »

Congratulations! A fine example of a de-make.

Is it possible to force the game to run in a window? I have a widescreen monitor and the game looks a little ... stretched this way. Wink
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2008, 10:16:25 AM »

Thanks for your kind comments my friends.

AClarkFS, sorry about the hyper-speed mode.  Did you find some places where it was ok, like cutscenes for example?  Just trying to figure out what kind of screen flip is needed.  I tried deliberately disabling vsync on my card, and saw the effect everyone's described.  For me it only happened in-gameplay, not in cutscenes.

With most modern cards, you can enable ysync quite easily: for my Nvidia, for example, you go to the Nvidia Control Panel, find the settings for individual games, add Soundless Mountain exe to the list, then change the vsync setting from 'Default' to 'Force On'.  This means it will only happen for this game.  ATI (AMD) cards have a similar program, as far as I remember from my previous Mac.

Kaffee, I could put a Win exe up on my website with window mode by default.  I did want it to be fullscreen only, but I appreciate Windows often stretches on widescreen - it doesn't on my Mac, which I developed on. When I have a minute, I'll do it.

Cheers!

Zaphos
« Reply #206 on: October 23, 2008, 10:27:43 AM »

Do you really want to rely on vsync for timing in the first place?  It's usually not that hard to add a timer which controls the game speed, so it plays the same on every computer.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: October 23, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »

I appreciate that it's not that hard, but I made the mistake of starting the project without it.  I'd have to re-write a lot of it, as it was made in a hurry for the compo and very hacky.  Not gonna happen unfortunately.  Sorry!

Grand_Marquis
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 23, 2008, 02:23:29 PM »

Hey, my roommate recommended I try this game, since I'm a big Silent Hill 2 fan.  He was praising the hell out of this thing, and from what I've seen it looks just awesome.

But I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to actually making it run.  I have OSX.4, and the thread says (OSX / PC) so I thought I was fine, but after I unzipped it, my comp says the .app "cannot be opened because it's not supported by this system".  Is there, like, something I need to download or something?  Do I need an NES emulator maybe?

I don't know how you peeps do things here at TIG, so maybe something's being taken as a given that I'm out of the loop about.  Either that or computer games just continue to hate me, which would be no surprise at all.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: October 24, 2008, 04:35:22 AM »

Hmm I think it's the latter, sadly...  I developed on OSX.4, so it should run fine!  Have you tried re-downloading, might just be a corrupt download?

redshift
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 30, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »

Congratulations! A fine example of a de-make.

Too true!!  Congratulations on a brilliant demake, a must play for any Silent Hill 2 fans.

Beer!

Smiley
Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

When life gives you lemons, make an internet craze

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2008, 12:04:13 AM »

hhhmmmm.....this game looks cool.  I never realy played the ps2 version, because I don't play M games.  what do you suppose this Demake would be rated?

"Sweet Sacajewea, Batmanifestdestiny!  We've struck GOLD!" -Joseph, Utah Wonder

You have to plagierize the Italian.
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2008, 02:01:10 AM »

I'd say it was for mature audiences - although the graphics aren't that gory, the sounds can be pretty frightening I'm told! 

Batmanifestdestiny
Level 1

When life gives you lemons, make an internet craze

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

I'd say it was for mature audiences - although the graphics aren't that gory, the sounds can be pretty frightening I'm told! 
can a game be seriously rated M for "spooky sounds"?

"Sweet Sacajewea, Batmanifestdestiny!  We've struck GOLD!" -Joseph, Utah Wonder

You have to plagierize the Italian.
Pfhortipfhy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 09, 2009, 03:38:20 PM »

Link's borked.  Mock Anger
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: February 10, 2009, 06:09:21 AM »

Hmmm will need to update that.  I have a new domain for superflat games so I'll just put it up there.  We're actually working on an iphone version of the SMII engine at the mo, so possibly expect to see some kind of freeware survival horror title on it one of these days!

superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: February 10, 2009, 10:48:56 AM »

Hi there, I've just uploaded the Mac / PC versions of the game (both in one .zip) to my own server.  Hopefully should be nice and fast!

www.superflatgames.com/SoundlessMountainIIv1-00.zip

There is actually a version 1.1 in existence, although only on my hard drive... It has handguns and mannequins and some apartment goodness!  Hopefully I will find time later this year to get it done.

letsap
Level 5

Have faith...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2009, 03:23:53 AM »

Holy cow, this is awesome.

Somehow manages to be just as creepy as the original, I get goosebumps.

JonnyTanna
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 16, 2009, 12:38:34 PM »

I'm new to this board and so you have been asked this many times, so apologies if you have..

But Will you ever convert this into an actual Nintendo Rom?
medieval
« Reply #219 on: February 16, 2009, 12:38:59 PM »

No.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic