Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411860 Posts in 69424 Topics- by 58469 Members - Latest Member: AuroraMaster

June 03, 2024, 02:54:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesGang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43
Print
Author Topic: Gang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]  (Read 478513 times)
Andraculoid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2008, 10:28:36 PM »

do want .bmp
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2008, 01:36:31 AM »

Export to PNG, don't worry, it's still lossless and it will reduce your filesize considerably
BMP has got to be the most useless image format out there
Stefan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2008, 02:41:52 AM »

Dang Helltriky, that's impressive... I can't wait! Grin
zephro
Level 0

Spinning Medic

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2008, 03:56:19 AM »

Just as some feedback, I am playing this with a Dialup connection (56k)...and it was having the connection problems and protocol problems originally.

With the latest update (1.11) it is now having no problems at all, except rarely sometimes a GM error apon joining servers.

Great work guys! I hope you win the competition, because this is lots of fun.  Beer!

Once the Engineer and Spy become useful, as well as some more maps implemented.....this will be a pretty awesome 2d TF2 game  Grin

~Thinking of doing a Cyberpunk rts/rpg using Pixel-Art/Sprites as well as chiptune music and other 8-bit stuff.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

They'r gonna have to glue you back together...

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2008, 04:10:00 AM »

HERE IT IS

BIG IMAGE

enjoy. Beer!

...IN HELL!!
zephro
Level 0

Spinning Medic

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15:14 AM »

Looks GREAT!

~Thinking of doing a Cyberpunk rts/rpg using Pixel-Art/Sprites as well as chiptune music and other 8-bit stuff.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2008, 04:20:32 AM »

Looks GREAT!

thanks

...IN HELL!!
Eviltyphoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2008, 07:36:31 AM »

About that update you wanted, with cloaked spies? Some guy on /v/ was faster then you:

Code:
I'm adding some new content to Gang Garrison. So far I've got:
- Spy cloak. Infinite time, cannot shoot while cloaked.
- Spy Revolver. Long range, accurate, single shot so is weak at close range.
- You can't see enemy spies that are behind you.
- Medics self-heal 5 hp per second.
- Kill log in the top right corner.
- C64 font
- Decreased explosion blast radius a little

It might be buggy, hard to test by yourself. Hopefully I can iron anything out now.

http://rapidshare.com/files/145487235/gg2_b12__unofficial_.zip.html
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2008, 07:38:49 AM »

About that update you wanted, with cloaked spies? Some guy on /v/ was faster then you:

I was looking at that thread like 5 seconds ago :D

...IN HELL!!
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2008, 07:40:39 AM »

Wait. Does that mean people have decompiled the game and are hacking on it? I don't think that's a very nice thing to do without the author's consent.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2008, 07:41:44 AM »

yeah, I don't like where this is going

...or so I?...I'm confused
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:41:47 AM by HELLTRIKKY » Logged

...IN HELL!!
Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2008, 08:04:19 AM »

Wait. Does that mean people have decompiled the game and are hacking on it? I don't think that's a very nice thing to do without the author's consent.
I love the idea that people might like my games enough to screw around with them.

IDTL
Level 0

Woo.

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »

I recoloured 2DFort. Grin

Took about 1-2 hours, wasn't really paying attention.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:15:58 AM by IDTL » Logged
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2008, 08:15:30 AM »

after playing for a while, I must say it's really awesome, so i regret what I said, he upgraded the game voluntary, we shouldn't really complain  Beer!

...IN HELL!!
Eviltyphoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2008, 08:30:33 AM »

I love the idea that people might like my games enough to screw around with them.

Its quite a big thread now on /v/, and it's going on for about an hour or so already, which I think is pretty much.

http://zip.4chan.org/v/res/20051506.html#q20051506
mildmojo
Level 1

summer rain (soon)

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

Huh.  Mods.

I'm going to guess that these features would make 'official' clients and 'unofficial' servers incompatible with each other, and vice versa?  If so, it would be helpful to alter the unofficial builds to use a different server port or otherwise inform incompatible clients that they shouldn't connect.

DEMAKE compo entry: Road Trip: Southwest USA
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »

Wow, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this, where to start? At first I was annoyed that someone stole all our work, but especially if MedO is unable to work on the game during the week, this might actually be a good thing.
I'm a little curious how they managed to do it though, it seems like it would take a lot of effort to back-hack a game like this, but I guess if someone cared that much and wanted to help out, it can't be a bad thing.

I gave it a try and played around for a few minutes. It seemed to be less buggy then MedO's latest release (although I really only played about 5 minutes of each), which was pleasant. I really didn't like the change in font, but I was pleasantly surprised by what was waiting for me in the game. The changes to the spy weren't the ones I would have made if it were up to me, I don't really think cloaking helps too much, especially if you only have that weak pistol. It's becoming apparent to me, that to keep the 'essence' of the TF2 spy, one should be able to backstab, and I guess cloaking would work with backstab, but whatever.

There was one thing that I loved, and that totally have to adopt for our build: The Kill Log! It is incredible! I never would have thought of it and it solves so many problems, not to mention it looks totally sweet. So many compliments on that, and it totally bought my approval for this bootleg copy of a bootleg demake.

If the author of this unofficial update is reading this, give us a post or send me an email or something. I'd love to hear about how you pulled this off, and I'd be interested in including some, if not all, of your updates in the official version.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2008, 08:46:06 AM »

Its quite a big thread now on /v/, and it's going on for about an hour or so already, which I think is pretty much.

http://zip.4chan.org/v/res/20051506.html#q20051506

Interesting to see what they have to say over there:

CRY SOME MORE
seriously, what huge fags. Someone voluntarily decompiles and fixes the game and they whine about AUTHOR'S RIGHTS!

What a charming "community".

EDIT:
I'm a little curious how they managed to do it though, it seems like it would take a lot of effort to back-hack a game like this, but I guess if someone cared that much and wanted to help out, it can't be a bad thing.

It's done in Gamemaker, isn't it? There are decompilers out there. You just drop in the exe, and it spits out the decompiled .gmk file. No effort or skill involved at all. There was a huge outcry in the GM community when these things first came out, so I thought people might be upset about this sort of thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:49:17 AM by muku » Logged
Renton
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2008, 09:02:06 AM »

So you guys have a modding and mapping community now, but seeing how charming and respectful they are, I don't know if that's a good thing.

I told you 4chan was nothing but trouble!
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2008, 09:02:37 AM »

@muku: relax  Beer!

...IN HELL!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic