Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:00:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesGang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43
Print
Author Topic: Gang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]  (Read 476856 times)
OmegaK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2008, 08:48:20 AM »

I made this in my spare time, its a bit rushed because I don't really know all the canvas and spacing things. Its based off of turbine and I call it CTF_Warehouse.

Thanks to Vaati to most of the palette. Note, this is a WIP so tell me what needs improving too.

(Intel goes in the bottom corner rooms)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:52:38 AM by OmegaK » Logged
Rawrl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 16, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »

What these maps really need is multiple spawn room exits to prevent spawncamping. It really sucks to get barricaded into your spawn by two heavies and a demo.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

They'r gonna have to glue you back together...

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 16, 2008, 09:25:17 AM »

What these maps really need is multiple spawn room exits to prevent spawncamping. It really sucks to get barricaded into your spawn by two heavies and a demo.

that can be also fixed by coding the spawn wall so that it stops enemy bullets but not "friendly / your team's" bullets

...IN HELL!!
OmegaK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 16, 2008, 09:50:26 AM »

Pyro really needs longer ranged flames, hes just too weak and its really hard to ambush considering the game is 2d.
Rawrl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 16, 2008, 10:24:49 AM »

that can be also fixed by coding the spawn wall so that it stops enemy bullets but not "friendly / your team's" bullets

Or by adding ubers, but the map design is the easiest thing to change in the short term.
patonki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 16, 2008, 11:04:02 AM »

This would make snipers even more overpowered. Just shoot form the luxury of your spawn, being invincible.
Vegetable
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 16, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »

Then detach the spawn point from the flag so the only reason anyone of the opposite team would want to enter your spawn area is to spawn kill. Everyone wins.
zephro
Level 0

Spinning Medic

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 16, 2008, 11:57:14 AM »

Greetings fellow Gang Garrison 2 players!  Beer!

I have finished the Unofficial version 1.13 of GG2, with the following changes:

- Multiple maps are now available. Map names are visible in the lobby also.
- Two new maps now playable, 2dfort_2 and helltrikky_1.
- Pyro is now more effective, and has bigger flame.
- Camping at the enemy's spawn-point will now be less effective (not unstoppable, but for the classes that did it the most....no longer as easy as it was).

Download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/145841463/gg2_b13__unofficial_.rar.html

I have not been able to test this over the internet, so please let me know if there are any new issues caused by my modifications...apart from the ones that already existed such as lag etc.
Sorry there are no sentries in this update, but I am too tired to add those atm.
Unless someone else gets around to it, the next things I will be doing are adding sentries, uber and possibly backstab...depending on how many people prefer that over the Revolver.

Enjoy!  Gentleman
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:00:49 PM by zephro » Logged

~Thinking of doing a Cyberpunk rts/rpg using Pixel-Art/Sprites as well as chiptune music and other 8-bit stuff.
OmegaK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 16, 2008, 12:07:07 PM »

Brilliant :]
Could you comment on my map please? its on the previous page and I'd like to know if it has a chance of actually getting in the game. Or the unofficial one for that matter.
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 16, 2008, 12:14:05 PM »

Could you please send me the source so I can patch up the networking and fix the server bug introduced in b12? It's quite a thing that I even have to ask for that, by the way.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 16, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »

f*cking awesome

EDIT:
 my map looks a little big way too big haha, anyway could you fix that?, sorry  Beer!

you could also fix the spawn point in 2dfort2, heavies usually get stuck when spawming
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:40:05 PM by HELLTRIKKY » Logged

...IN HELL!!
Vaati
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2008, 12:33:48 PM »

Test playing 2dfort_2, awesome as heck Smiley Snipers using the sniper battlements and chaos everywhere.

Some things though, I think the pyro flames are a little too big and on the new maps some of the walls aren't properly done it seems (you get stuck often. Also, blue spawn has some placement problems and you spawn in the ceiling. (Also saw that the roof in the unofficial extends done way too far - The black outlines are the only boundaries that should exist)

Other than that, it's great. Grin

Edit: Also, the map that was imported in the official has some graphical inconstancies - these were fixed and I sent the finalized version to mrfredman who should have forwarded it to MedO
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:38:24 PM by Vaati » Logged
patonki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 16, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »

A simple map port would've worked fine, didn't have to mess with the pyro. Oh well.
zephro
Level 0

Spinning Medic

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 16, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »

f*cking awesome

EDIT:
 my map looks a little big way too big haha, anyway could you fix that?, sorry  Beer!

you could also fix the spawn point in 2dfort2, heavies usually get stuck when spawning

Lol yeah I had a go at using it in a smaller ratio, but it was too easy to get stuck in some places...so I kept it at the same scale as the default map has.

I apologize about the badly placed spawn points too...as I was not quite sure if they were correct. I will go through and clean up 2dfort2 tonight, since its having some collision problems.

Oh also, MedO, I will have to wait until later on tonight sadly to chuck that source to ya...as I have work very soon  Cry

When I finish work, I shall clean up any problems, as well as fix the fact that the IP addresses in the lobby are having a great time with the server names  Shocked

That was mainly why I thought about the idea of having an offline lobby to test things in.

Sorry if you are annoyed btw MedO, with us people doing changes to your game.
If it does annoy you too much, I respectfully will stop them at your request  Wink
This game is just so much fun, that I wanted to be apart of it not only by playing, but contributing to it for even more fun  Grin

~Thinking of doing a Cyberpunk rts/rpg using Pixel-Art/Sprites as well as chiptune music and other 8-bit stuff.
Vaati
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 16, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »

You can just email him the .gmk in the meantime really.  Sad
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 16, 2008, 01:10:34 PM »

f*cking awesome

EDIT:

you could also fix the spawn point in 2dfort2, heavies usually get stuck when spawning

Lol yeah I had a go at using it in a smaller ratio, but it was too easy to get stuck in some places...so I kept it at the same scale as the default map has.[...]

Oh man :/, are you sure there is no way to fix that? or could you send me an image of my map highlightin the places you got stuck? to see if i can fix it

...IN HELL!!
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 16, 2008, 01:27:12 PM »

The problem I have is not that you change the game, it's that you do so without asking. But that's that now, since we're releasing the whole thing (including the Lobby Server) as open source soon (assuming Synnah is ok with that). I propose GPL, which would require you to release the source along with any changed version you produce.

Before that, I'd like to fix up the networking though. And since merging different versions in Game Maker is no fun at all, I'd like to get your sources for that.
Candlejack
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 16, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »

Firebug should be put back, but have the spy's "disappear when people aren't looking at me" ability.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 16, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »

HAPPY TIMES!

...IN HELL!!
derp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 16, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »

I don't really know exactly how the hitboxes work, but sometimes you get major problems if your sprite is facing in another direction and you try to climb the stairs. I dunno, maybe you could make it so for collision detection's sake the sprite could be treated as a simply rectangle, but for bullet detection each separate pixel could be counted? Don't mind me here, maybe I'm just talking out of my ass

but the thing with the stairs....Christ people, it's hard enough to navigate even one set of stairs with the lagging and collision detection, but did you really have to make the 2fort_2 so stairs-unfriendly? I have to basically jump up around EVERYWHERE there to get around. Otherwise, it was a good map, save for some spawn problems
helltikky's map is pretty big, but also not bad. There are some annoying pixels which you simply have to jump over, ruins the experience a bit, but oh well
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic