Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 11:30:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesGang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43
Print
Author Topic: Gang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]  (Read 477801 times)
Diglidi-Dude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 17, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »

Here is a map I'm currently working on. I just wanted to do a smaller map with simple graphics to be different from the other maps.
Also, the stripes and my name is only there to prevent stealing.

Where are the intels, on top?
You mean the blue top corners? They're the spawn points. and the bottom corners are where the suitcases are.
[SS] Olivil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 17, 2008, 05:58:49 PM »

You mean the blue top corners? They're the spawn points. and the bottom corners are where the suitcases are.

But then, when you are taking the intels, how do you jump back up? Just by jumping? If so, gosh it's way too small
Azt3k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 17, 2008, 06:02:12 PM »

Well, i just recently restored my PC to "brand new" settings, so i erased all the programs i had...

Do i need an specific program besides the game? I think not, but im not sure
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:07:23 PM by Azt3k » Logged
[SS] Olivil
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 17, 2008, 06:04:34 PM »

Ok, first of all, great game, gratz.

Second of all, when i try to play it on my desktop this appears:

Now, the game wont even make it to the main menu. Im using XP, SP3.

The game runs fine on my laptop btw.

Well, i just recently restored my PC to "brand new" settings, so i erased all the programs i had...

Do i need an specific program besides the game? I think not, but im not sure

Strange, I've never had a problem with ANY build and im on XP SP3 too...

Nothing that I know of... my pc is pretty clean with no "garbage" software and I did not install anything for this.
Diglidi-Dude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 17, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »

But then, when you are taking the intels, how do you jump back up? Just by jumping? If so, gosh it's way too small

I told you, the map isn't frikkin finished yet. Can you read?
I've only did the basics, and the map is supposed to be small; I wanna do a smaller map than the other TF2 maps i've seen.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #385 on: September 17, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »

The tops are spawn, the bottoms are intel.  You shouldn't be jumping into your spawn with the intel anyways.  It's a douche move.
Xenophobe
Level 0

wat fk

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 17, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »

What version is everyone playing on? No servers on b15
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 17, 2008, 08:44:40 PM »

Wow, back, it's been a long day for me, and it seems a whole lot has happened here with Gang Garrison. I don't have the time to test the new versions, but what is the status of the latest update? Is it stable? Worthy of updating the first post with? Or should I wait another day or two for a more stable to version to appear?

mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 17, 2008, 11:18:45 PM »

I have another, more direct answer to that question. Go play the original version! It's totally stable and its got tons of people playing it. During the times that our latest and greatest versions are buggy or slightly under the weather you can always turn to version 1.0 for a good time!
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 17, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »

Ok, first of all, great game, gratz.

Second of all, when i try to play it on my desktop this appears:

Now, the game wont even make it to the main menu. Im using XP, SP3.

The game runs fine on my laptop btw.

From the Game Maker documentation:

When creating scripts you can easily make mistakes. Always test the scripts by using the appropriate button. When an error occurs during the execution of a script this is reported, with an indication of the type of error and the place. Rarely you will see a popup with the text "Unexpected error occurred during the game" This error message indicate that some problem occurred in windows or in the hardware. Often the reason for this is infinite recursion, lack of memory or insufficient hardware, drivers or firmware.

I may not be able to do anything about this bug.

Earlier in the thread, I believe limitations on map size were posted.
The limit is 2048x2048, it looks to me as if this map still fits.

So far so good, but when I came bak a few minutes ago the game was apparently frozen and the client wasn't responding. Started it up again and giving it another go.

Did the server freeze or only the client? Maybe it's better to go back to b14 or b13 until this is all resolved... and apparently, Unexpected Data is still being received.

The game is certainly not supposed to freeze completely, it should only slow down or freeze until the server has managed to put all data into the send buffer, so that no packages are lost (that should in theory be an indicator that the server should reduce its player limit). And I certainly didn't expect Unexpected Data to happen without any of my additional debug messages showing up before that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:14:04 AM by MedO » Logged
Dot.JeT
Level 0

Lol Quote

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 18, 2008, 06:07:11 AM »

I registered just to say that the only thing i would really like to be changed is Quote's arm. Just make a seperate sprite for it where the arm isn't there, and just the Rocket launcher. It would look good.

I just feel stupid though, coming here just to ask for this one little thing that's bothering me. Maybe i could edit it myself.

Cheers mates, good game. Cave Story
Vaati
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 18, 2008, 06:10:19 AM »

Did the server freeze or only the client? Maybe it's better to go back to b14 or b13 until this is all resolved... and apparently, Unexpected Data is still being received.

The game is certainly not supposed to freeze completely, it should only slow down or freeze until the server has managed to put all data into the send buffer, so that no packages are lost (that should in theory be an indicator that the server should reduce its player limit). And I certainly didn't expect Unexpected Data to happen without any of my additional debug messages showing up before that.
It freezes in a way where nothing responds at all. Can't click on anything in the window, ESC doesn't work, and I usually have to alt+ctrl+del to kill the process itself.

Connection errors are still also occuring. I tried connecting to a different server to see if it was a case of just my box doing something weird but I couldn't even connect to other servers :/

Also, I'm now hosting a mirror of any and all versions of GG2 here too:
http://gg2.scose.net/
Sum0ne
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 18, 2008, 06:32:55 AM »

Hi there! Smiley

Well in my case, I just signed up to try to help in someway, since this game has given me great laughs.
I don't know if this helps at all or if you, developers, have already something done. I posted these on /v/ yesterday... some said it was too detailed, some said to resize and one was actually trying to polish it but he was sleepy or something.

Edit: the .png didn't show for some reason... link: http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sentry321referencetandv4.png

(the guy was only for size reference)

Hope it helps and good job with the game.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

They'r gonna have to glue you back together...

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 18, 2008, 06:43:08 AM »

BEcause many people have been asking for it, I did this sprite of Quote's Rocket Launcher (obviously based on the original)

With Quote

...IN HELL!!
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: September 18, 2008, 07:01:53 AM »

D'oh. So how do you play as him anyway? Tongue

HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 18, 2008, 07:02:43 AM »

D'oh. So how do you play as him anyway? Tongue

You press "Q" on the class select menu

...IN HELL!!
Dot.JeT
Level 0

Lol Quote

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 18, 2008, 07:34:01 AM »

BEcause many people have been asking for it, I did this sprite of Quote's Rocket Launcher (obviously based on the original)

With Quote

The one thing i don't like about it is the long black line.

If that is his arm, then his arm isn't that long.. Nor black. (Quote critic, lol)

But if it is for decoration of some sorts, i think it looks okay actually.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 18, 2008, 07:52:06 AM »

If that is his arm, then his arm isn't that long.. Nor black. (Quote critic, lol)

http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/siteimages/rocketlvl1.gif

notice the long black line  Beer!

...IN HELL!!
Dot.JeT
Level 0

Lol Quote

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 18, 2008, 08:09:15 AM »

http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/siteimages/rocketlvl1.gif

notice the long black line  Beer!

Well, forgot then.

Then I'm not worthy of being a critic when i don't even know how it looks myself, durr.

(Also, in GG2 it is not the original quote sprite. And i think it's kinda stupid they don't use the original. Maybe enlarged a bit more, but whatever.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:19:37 AM by Dot.JeT » Logged
Gurren
Level 0

Lagann!

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 18, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »

and one was actually trying to polish it but he was sleepy or something.

And that would be me Smiley
I've finished the job, here is the 'blocky' version of your sentry:

I hope it helps the project  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic