Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 09:34:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesGang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43
Print
Author Topic: Gang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]  (Read 477770 times)
kaspuds
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: October 05, 2008, 05:08:07 PM »

I think I'm having the same problem. It just says 0/-1 and goes to 0/0. I'm hosting a game right now.

EDIT: Disregard that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 05:20:42 PM by kaspuds » Logged
fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 05, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »

With all the twists and turns in well, you can get lost easily. Do you know if you can post a map of the whole area, fishmatt?

you got it.

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 05, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »

Shocked

Just noticed the Mileage this thread is getting. When I first downloaded it, I couldn't find any games. Heh heh. Must give it a spin sometime soon. Has it gotten to the stage where there's always a server up?

Mr. Fredman, MedO, Synnah, I salute you!

Beer!
Captain_404
« Reply #723 on: October 05, 2008, 05:51:48 PM »

Just felt like posting this before I forget. It seems there was a group of people who felt like being the same class, and I joined them. I accidently deleted one with a bunch of heavys together, but here is the rest of them (I was "DAMN SERVER WON'T LET ME IN!", in case anyone there was wondering who I was.)

Just wanted to post it since I laughed a lot during the game, since we were also scouts, demomen, spys, and pyros.
And thanks for b21, med0! Smiley

Haha! Awesome, I was in that one! I was hanging out with two of my friends and we were all playing gg2, one of us got the idea, "Hey! Everyone in here be an engineer!" Good fun! Gentleman The pyro round was so great!

I was 404 btw.

Anyway, I've been playing this game a lot and I thought it's only fair to come out of my lurking to say something. Great game! Keep up the good work!
Bowman
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 05, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »

roof is easy to get  to actually =/
Wut Metaphysical
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 05, 2008, 06:44:06 PM »

Hey guys. You're doing a great job with this.
pachuco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 05, 2008, 06:59:47 PM »

post your usernames  Gentleman

I'm "-_-" if anyone recognizes it.

also love the game, but as said so many times earlier, the quote fires ridiculous amounts of missiles. unless you can get close to him, he's real tough. but as for the balance of all the other classes, I've played them all fully and i can top the leaderboards with each one. granted, some are easier than others, but still. i think it's pretty balanced. you just need to know what to do with the class to use it to its fullest advantage.

Beer! cheers gg2 devs.
Phosphorus
Level 0

100% Pure.

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 05, 2008, 07:07:38 PM »

Aww, is my map going to be implemented? I'll do anything to help. :3
12 Gauge Aspirin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 05, 2008, 07:52:10 PM »

I really really dislike the new map. Snipers are still king though.
felix1290
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 05, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »

just heard about this game today and i REALLY like it,gj on making this game guys

got a problem though,i got the latest version and when i start the game, the game is all fuzzy but not the players. heres some pics

ive seen screens form you guys and it looks very crisp, whats going on hurr?

btw i go under the name mr.orange in game Smiley
Matt888
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 05, 2008, 09:05:42 PM »

Did you resize the window?
12 Gauge Aspirin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 05, 2008, 10:05:15 PM »

Oh yes, my account name is the same name I use in Gang Garrison 2.
yuG yhS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 05, 2008, 11:23:21 PM »

I'll second disliking the new map. It's too claustrophobic, yet also too large and overly complex, and there's alot of other minor flaws that just kind of make it not very fun to play.

I think the cramped, class-biased central bunker area is my least favorite part. Demomen and heavies do very well in it, but the other classes, not so much. And the worst thing is, unless you're a Scout, you -need- to go through it. Having a bottleneck like that is a very very bad idea. The other three maps have a middle and lower route accessible to any class, and an upper route designed mainly for Scouts and rocket jumpers.

And oh yeah-- I love this game. To death. My opinion is that it's incredibly fun as it is, and I'll be a sad panda if too many features get added and removed and it becomes less fun as a result.
Mush
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 06, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »

Wow, a lot of people have signed up just to post in this thread  :D

Also great game, and yeah snipers are the best lol Kinda overpowered...
felix1290
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 06, 2008, 03:27:11 AM »

Did you resize the window?

yup but nothing is working D:
felix1290
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: October 06, 2008, 04:12:31 AM »

nvm i fixed it,had to do with anti aliasing in my graphics card properties :D
Akura
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: October 06, 2008, 05:12:12 AM »

My in-game name is Akura, and I'm normally on the server i host when i play "Nine Thousand" (Or something to that effect)

As for the new map, i like it on all classes... but i haven't played it that much so maybe i should play it some more...

~Akura
Webmaster of IPTBB.
fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 06, 2008, 05:48:18 AM »

I'll second disliking the new map. It's too claustrophobic, yet also too large and overly complex, and there's alot of other minor flaws that just kind of make it not very fun to play.

I think the cramped, class-biased central bunker area is my least favorite part. Demomen and heavies do very well in it, but the other classes, not so much. And the worst thing is, unless you're a Scout, you -need- to go through it. Having a bottleneck like that is a very very bad idea. The other three maps have a middle and lower route accessible to any class, and an upper route designed mainly for Scouts and rocket jumpers.

Sorry about that. I decided to configure it like the original Well, where folks would have to go through that bunker one way or another to get to the other side. I could add a continuous underground route through there, but I was worried with the sheer size of the map scouts would have a field day capping and the upper two floors of the map would go largely unused.

A few things were intended to be possible that aren't, and some that aren't supposed to be possible are (most notably non-rocket-jumpers being able to make the curved pipe jump in the sewer route headed out of the base).

If people still hate it by the time the next beta rolls around I'll mess around with it.
SFJake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 06, 2008, 06:21:05 AM »

I'm sorry for people that talked about lack of a good server, I closed mine (which everyone seemed to like) because... well, my computer didn't like it very much after a few days. It literally went crazy.

I might open it later, but now I'm a bit sceptic with how things are. I want to say one thing about map, which may, or may not, represent the average opinion.

Maps are not fun if they are too large. Some class are slow, some class are fast. That well map is interesting, but its pointlessly huge. 2dfort is the perfect size. A bit bigger is no biggy, but 5 times bigger is just annoying and a waste of time. I sure as hell wouldn't want to travel that map with a heavy.

All things said anyway, a thing this would need is map rotation settings and actual games that end at some point. This would be great for a dedicated server. Especially when more interesting maps will show, I don't want to be forced to host only "one" map.

But what I really can't wait is the ability to TALK to people... for feedback. And such.

By the way, I'm not a complete asshole, so thanks for the update, its great to see one.
jwbowyer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 06, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »

I actually really like the new map... Its interesting having a map that large, with multiple tiers, sniping points and such.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic