Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:42:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesGang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43
Print
Author Topic: Gang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]  (Read 476854 times)
yuG yhS
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: October 07, 2008, 10:29:53 PM »

I figured out how to jump into red team's intel room in 2dfort2 via the Scout entry route... using a Heavy.  Gentleman It's pretty hard to pull off though, so it's not really a game balance issue. People did seem a little confused though.
zephro
Level 0

Spinning Medic

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 07, 2008, 11:37:20 PM »

Hello everyone. I have done a bit of coding on the Engie update as well as chat.
It is half done, and I will most likely wait until the map-editor/custom maps is put into the game...and then make it the next release after that.

Do not worry, it is definitely in the works  Gentleman

Also, big thanks to MedO for the lobby release..it makes things just that much easier for testing  Smiley

~Thinking of doing a Cyberpunk rts/rpg using Pixel-Art/Sprites as well as chiptune music and other 8-bit stuff.
Dot.JeT
Level 0

Lol Quote

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 08, 2008, 12:58:57 AM »

There's almost a one hundred thousand views in this thread!
Joe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 08, 2008, 04:44:31 AM »

There's almost a one hundred thousand views in this thread!

100,000 reached
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 08, 2008, 07:35:32 AM »

i have a suggestion:
make demoman take less damage from his own stickybombs. currently, one stickyjump removes about half of his health, while soldier can rocket jump 7 times, quote 10, without killing themselves.

the game is awesome otherwise  Smiley
fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 08, 2008, 07:48:14 AM »

i have a suggestion:
make demoman take less damage from his own stickybombs. currently, one stickyjump removes about half of his health, while soldier can rocket jump 7 times, quote 10, without killing themselves.

If we're talking balance, especially once soldier's disappearing rocket bug gets fixed, I think Quote needs to take a major speed hit; I can't see soldier doing any more damage or firing faster or taking any less damage from his rockets as being fair, so I think Quote needs to be dialed back. He locks stuff down easily with knockback while still doing pitiful damage, he doesn't need to be that fast and mobile with the rocket jumping to be useful.

As is demoman's weakness to his own bombs are the one thing that balances him out; he's so godly at any range beyond arms length, he doesn't need the ability to maget people next to him

EDIT: Yeah, all I'm saying is he'd be OP because he could melee with them
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:53:41 AM by fishmatt » Logged
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 08, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »

i have a suggestion:

If we're talking balance, especially once soldier's disappearing rocket bug gets fixed, I think Quote needs to take a major speed hit; I can't see soldier doing any more damage or firing faster or taking any less damage from his rockets as being fair, so I think Quote needs to be dialed back. He locks stuff down easily with knockback while still doing pitiful damage, he doesn't need to be that fast and mobile with the rocket jumping to be useful.

As is demoman's weakness to his own bombs are the one thing that balances him out; he's so godly at any range beyond arms length, he doesn't need the ability to maget people next to him

what i mean is it's a bitch to lose half of your health just to stickyjump. 0.9/3 of total health would be better.
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 08, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »

Also, I have webhosting through my school that I could install forum software on if mrfredman or MedO think we need a forum.  I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I figured I'd throw the offer out there anyway.

Thanks a lot for offering this! It might be very helpful to have a forum for ourselves, as there are several distinct topics being discussed here and it's sometimes hard to remember all relevant bits (especially bug reports / feature requests).

Is there a way to pervent the massive lag the games are having nowadays?

When I finally get around to doing a big update, there may be improvements in that area (I consider switching to UDP and optimising the game's bandwidth usage).

Hello everyone. I have done a bit of coding on the Engie update as well as chat.
It is half done, and I will most likely wait until the map-editor/custom maps is put into the game...and then make it the next release after that.

Sounds great, just please let us know what exectly you're working on so that we don't have two people working on the same thing.

Also, I found the (stupid) bug that causes the rockets to fail exploding, (it doesn't have anything to do with the map you're playing in, by the way). I'll fix this and some other small things and give you another build.
Asdf64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 08, 2008, 11:55:21 AM »

This is a noob question, but if I start a server, and I open another window and look at the lobby, I don't see my server. Is it because I'm using the same computer, or something else? The first time I ever started a server on b21, I got a message from microsoft firewall (or defender, I forget) if I wanted to allow the server to connect to the internet. I hit "Unblock", but nothing has changed. And no one ever comes to my servers, so I think there's a connection.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:39:04 PM by Asdf64 » Logged
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 08, 2008, 12:35:31 PM »

Also, I have webhosting through my school that I could install forum software on if mrfredman or MedO think we need a forum.  I don't have an opinion on the matter, but I figured I'd throw the offer out there anyway.

Thanks a lot for offering this! It might be very helpful to have a forum for ourselves, as there are several distinct topics being discussed here and it's sometimes hard to remember all relevant bits (especially bug reports / feature requests).

I too agree that this would probably be a good time to look for somewhere else to discuss the production of this game. Now that the competition is over, I feel like staying here too long might be a bit of an intrusion on the TIGForums. So we should probably see about setting that up.

Sounds great, just please let us know what exectly you're working on so that we don't have two people working on the same thing.

Thats fantastic Zephro, I look forward to seeing what you accomplish. To prevent multiple people working on the same thing can we just let Zephro in on the design doc where I believe we have a running checklist of what is going on. So Zephro, if you have a google account, PM me your email and we can get you hooked up.
Jebus_Chris
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 08, 2008, 01:55:49 PM »

This is a noob question, but if I start a server, and I open another window and look at the lobby, I don't see my server. Is it because I'm using the same computer, or something else? The first time I ever started a server on b21, I got a message from microsoft firewall (or defender, I forget) if I wanted to allow the server to connect to the internet. I hit "Unblock", but nothing has changed. And no one ever comes to my servers, so I think there's a connection.
You should be able to see your server in the lobby; I've joined a server I made before.  My guess as to why it isn't working is because you didn't port forward. (Mo' Quisha)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:36:12 PM by Jebus_Chris » Logged
SFJake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 08, 2008, 02:44:24 PM »

what i mean is it's a bitch to lose half of your health just to stickyjump. 0.9/3 of total health would be better.

Seriously. Stop detonating the sticky as soon as you jump, then. Depending on where you want to go, you can varry the distance, receive less damage and still get where you want.

If I can get on the top part of 2d_fort by sticky jumping, thats because it didn't kill me after 3 sticky jump, right?

And the soldier was more versatile in rocket jumping in TF2, and always had more health after one.
Gurren
Level 0

Lagann!

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 08, 2008, 03:03:57 PM »

Change the option "Announce to Lobby" to "On" (@Options obviously)
Asdf64
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 08, 2008, 04:42:57 PM »

Change the option "Announce to Lobby" to "On" (@Options obviously)

I never knew about that option, so it's always been on.

You should be able to see your server in the lobby; I've joined a server I made before.  My guess as to why it isn't working is because you didn't port forward. (Mo' Quisha)

What's "port forward"?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 05:39:06 PM by Asdf64 » Logged
Jebus_Chris
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 08, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »

Type in your ip address in your browser.  Depends on your router.  Try 192.168.2.1, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1.  Then go to something like virtual servers and simply open up a port of 8190 on udp and tcp (you on;y need one but I'm not sure what it is).
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm
Pick you os and follow the instructions then...
http://portforward.com/routers.htm
Go there, select your router, click on default guide and follow the instructions. 
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 09, 2008, 03:06:07 AM »

Small bugfix build (b22):

- removed leftover pixel from the collision image of classicwell
- fixed the rocket explosion bug

http://gg2.scose.net/gg2b22.zip
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 09, 2008, 04:57:39 AM »

- fixed the rocket explosion bug
woo Smiley
Akura
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: October 09, 2008, 05:11:08 AM »

Would it be possible to make an auto updater?
It shouldn't be a priority or anything, I'm just wondering.

~Akura
Webmaster of IPTBB.
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 09, 2008, 06:02:03 AM »

are you going to give pyro another weapon then?
if you aren't giving him airblast then you could give him his flare gun, unless that would make him overpowered  Roll Eyes
theparticleman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: October 09, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

100,000+ views?  I thought my 6000 views on my submission was good.  Good job guys!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic