Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:13:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesGang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
Print
Author Topic: Gang Garrison II (FINISHED) [NEW WEBSITE]  (Read 477739 times)
fishmatt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 10, 2008, 04:33:40 AM »

Teefer: looks wonderful. One graphical gripe: the trees in front of the church could use a bit more contrast from the color of the sky. Also: assume folks are going to get a sniper on top of the church. See if you can't add some more dead space up top so people don't see the flat top of the moon, and blend it more seamlessly to black, in case they look up with zoom.

One more thing: the big waterwheel or whatever in the house basement; maybe only the outline of the top half needs to be solid? It would really open that bottom floor up.

king metroid: Good work adapting my scenery, nice layout. Love those barrels. Quick suggestion: make the center building have a transitional color scheme. Adapt the red/blue palette to some other hue like yellow or purple or something, so it's not like Red owns no-man's-land.
Akura
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: October 10, 2008, 05:15:10 AM »

Wow, we're really seeing some good maps now. Smiley
Can't wait to play 'em.

~Akura
Webmaster of IPTBB.
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 10, 2008, 05:22:52 AM »

Teefer: looks wonderful. One graphical gripe: the trees in front of the church could use a bit more contrast from the color of the sky. Also: assume folks are going to get a sniper on top of the church. See if you can't add some more dead space up top so people don't see the flat top of the moon, and blend it more seamlessly to black, in case they look up with zoom.

One more thing: the big waterwheel or whatever in the house basement; maybe only the outline of the top half needs to be solid? It would really open that bottom floor up.

king metroid: Good work adapting my scenery, nice layout. Love those barrels. Quick suggestion: make the center building have a transitional color scheme. Adapt the red/blue palette to some other hue like yellow or purple or something, so it's not like Red owns no-man's-land.

thanks  Smiley

is this better?
patonki
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 10, 2008, 06:35:16 AM »

You should probably use neutral colors. Green looks just weird.
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 10, 2008, 06:51:17 AM »

You should probably use neutral colors. Green looks just weird.

how about now?
SFJake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 10, 2008, 09:03:40 AM »

Thats perfect. That'll be quite a straightforward map indeed.

Where will the intels be?
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 10, 2008, 09:26:53 AM »

well, at first i pictured them sitting on top of the crates in the buildings next to each spawn, but not all classes can jump high enough to reach it there. i could make the platform low enough for every class to reach it, if not the intel could be placed in the middle of the tunnels under the buildings. it depends on what you guys think really.

edit:

i've removed the wall and made a step next to the crates. now, any class other than scout, soldier, demo and quote will have to go under the building, and climb back up the ledge to grab the intel. scouts etc will be able to jump over the ledge, which gives them bigger roles. i don't want to get rid of the ledge anyway, because it discourages spawn camping.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:37:48 AM by king metroid » Logged
Teeferbone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 10, 2008, 10:50:55 AM »

Sexy map metroid.

With regards to Avanti:

I made it so only the top of the waterwheel is solid (good idea fishmatt).

You're also totally right about the moon, working on that now.

The sky is borrowed from a Worms World Party map I did which is why there are double pixels.  You're right though, they really don't belong.  It's going to be tedious as hell but I'll fix it up. 

Does anyone know the height restriction for maps? 

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:25:19 AM by Teeferbone » Logged
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 10, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »

thanks  Smiley
cspotcode
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 10, 2008, 12:10:32 PM »

The forum is aliiiiive!!

cspotcode.myrpi.org/gg2/forum

It's still a little rough around the edges, but it works!  I'll polish it up later.

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
- Douglas Adams
king metroid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 10, 2008, 12:21:19 PM »

registered  Smiley
Teeferbone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 10, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »

FINISHED (I think)

* Fixed sky texture.
* Increased the height and fixed the moon.
* Added stalactites to the cave to make it a little less sniper-friendly.

Again, spawns would be in the trucks and the flag would be on the first floor of the church.

If you guys have any other suggestions let me know.  Thanks for all the feedback.
Kre
Level 0

GG2 - Krygor

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 10, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »

Registered on the forums. The name is Krygor.

"Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity
 My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like.
 My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for."
Akura
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #813 on: October 10, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »

So i guess we are moving discussions to that forum?

~Akura
Webmaster of IPTBB.
Diglidi-Dude
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 10, 2008, 07:29:43 PM »

FINISHED (I think)

* Fixed sky texture.
* Increased the height and fixed the moon.
* Added stalactites to the cave to make it a little less sniper-friendly.

Again, spawns would be in the trucks and the flag would be on the first floor of the church.

If you guys have any other suggestions let me know.  Thanks for all the feedback.

Wow, that is absolutely badass.
MedO
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 11, 2008, 06:41:42 AM »

I fell off the internet for a few days now due to connection problems, just in case you're wondering why I didn't post. The Lobby was still reachable, since it's located at my parents' house.

Concerning the new maps, unless there has been new development on the map editor front, I can add them with the next build, which I'll work on tomorrow. If you want your map to be distributed under a different license than the GPL though, you will have to wait for the map editor, since that will make it possible to distribute the maps and the game seperately.

Thanks a lot cspotcode for hosting the new forum, and also to Vaati who also offered this!
Stefan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 11, 2008, 10:23:54 AM »

Hey, I might be working on a new map (and a new video) soon. They'll be bigger and better Smiley I've just been incredibly busy these past weeks and haven't had the time to do much. Sorry.

Keep plugging at it, I really wanna see this game grow and I want to get the chance to actually use a turret and engineer Wink

-Stefan
shig
« Reply #817 on: October 11, 2008, 10:43:04 AM »

In b4 obligaroty Super Mario based map.
Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #818 on: October 11, 2008, 04:35:52 PM »

So i guess we are moving discussions to that forum?
Not until somebody locks this thread I think.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 11, 2008, 08:01:27 PM »

Um, our forum seems to be down... anyone else experiencing similar issues or is it just me?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic