Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:21:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club  (Read 27523 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »

DARK SOULS

Ashkin
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »

I am interested.
Theophilus
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 10:45:09 AM »

Me too.

I don't want to have to buy a game, but I guess I will if I have to...
Dragonmaw
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »

Regarding this, maybe change it from "play until you beat" and more "play for a week, discuss your thoughts"?
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »

Sounds fun, something I like about playing new games is that there's a community of people playing it. It kind of adds to the experience.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 10:53:13 AM »

OK, so I don't know how to turn this into a poll (if someone else can or someone can tell me how to that'd be great Smiley ) so I'll just list some of the options I've heard and people can vote on which one they'd like to play first...

The options seem to be...

Baldurs Gate 2 -  people seem interested but the game is really long...

Deus Ex -  a good length, but lots of people have played it already so may be a better choice for a later game

time and place (mario rom hack) - super easy to get, can be played by everyone, no one seems to have played it, good length, only negative would be I don't know if people are interested in it

monkey island - classic game with a good length

mother 3 - lots of people had it on their lists in the backlog thread, short for an rpg but still on the long side

Or I can just pick one if you guys want.

edit::
Regarding this, maybe change it from "play until you beat" and more "play for a week, discuss your thoughts"?

Yeah I think this is a good idea, I might make it 2 weeks though since I know I have (and I assume other people do) trouble making serious progress in a game in one week.  Or if we pick a short game (like time and place) we could just make it one week.  Also limiting the time means if a game comes up that your not wild about it won't be to long until the next one starts.
Ashkin
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »

I could set up an IRC channel for this later if anyone is interested. Would be good for live feedback/chatting about the games.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »

I think trying to play a game with just the IRC chats and forums would be interesting (i.e. an adventure game with no walkthroughs, SaGa game without GameFAQs). Something where everyone can help contribute to each other's play experience- on that note, something like Alpha Protocol where you can have radically different play experiences would be cool.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »

Final Fantasy 12 was designed specifically so that very rare random elements would only be uncovered by sharing with other players. Somebody finds a rare monster in the jungle that drops a great item, and they share with their friends so everyone can get it.

Playing the original Zelda this way could be good too. The burn-and-bomb method of finding secrets is tedious on your own, but if you split it up among several players it turns into a fun social event.

I feel like we had a topic about that ages ago. I feel like I've already made a post like this sometime far in the past.
PowRTocH
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:54 PM »

Oh my god I would be so down to play the original Zelda actually. Even though there are probably peeps here that know it by heart.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:12 PM »

yeah zelda would be cool

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Ashkin
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »

I registered #TGN on Espernet. Hopefully it will see some use.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »

Zelda? How about the TG16 clone,

instead?

Well, I guess it defeats the point since I doubt Neutopia is on anyone's backlog Durr...?
Theophilus
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 08:38:32 PM »

I'm down with original zelda.

It would be neat if there were teamed speed runs of zelda - groups of 8/16 Links on one screen go in and play the game as quickly as possible, with team effort.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »

that sounds awesome

Ashkin
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 09:28:47 PM »

I agree with LoZ. I've never actually played the whole thing through.
Theophilus
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »

lets do it up

Which NES emulator should I use?
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 10:23:39 PM »

Zelda Classic that shit. Also, I'm needing some Humanity, so I can lay down some White Soapstone summon signs to help PS3'ers with their Dark Souls adventuring. Once I get through Anor Londo and unlock the back entrance to it, that is...

dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »

yeah sounds like LoZ has a lot of support.  Plus we can all get a hold of it and it isn't to long to play through.  Plus the community aspect will be fun. So...

Let's do this!  

Should I (or someone else I don't care if someone else does it) make a new "official" thread for this or should we just use this one and I'll change the title?  Ashkin's chat sounds like it would be fun to.  How long should we give ourselves to play this?  Somewhere in the time range of a week or two to a month seems good depending on how often people play.
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »

I can't really play along with LoZ, on account of it not being on my backlog. For all the many, many games that I haven't finished, The Legend of Zelda is not one of them. I've played through it multiple times, both quests. It is the one game that I always seem to pick back up and play once every other year or so.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic