Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:56:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsA bit of a crazy idea here... microgames?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A bit of a crazy idea here... microgames?  (Read 2471 times)
Mr.Migoo
Level 0

Being born < Metal gear solid

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »

Wink Caught your attention did I? excellent, well obviously you are here because either you like crazy ideas- or are intrigued by my ideas of microgames  Smiley thats good, well i guess i should pitch my idea now;

Microgames
So i thought a programmer or two and I could collaborate with random chiptune artist to make a microgame- for each chiptune- like for example:
http://soundcloud.com/chiptune/little-swedish-girl
This gives me an adventures feel so- maybe a platformer where lets say, and im brainstorming out loud here, A cat is jumping through long abandoned suburban houses and looking for mice- idk, but that is an idea.  Wink
As you can see it would be smaller projects and maybe i could team up with different programers and musical artist each time :D
And definitely a highly creative process  Shrug

If you want to start doing this or just like the idea post down below  Smiley

JDM
Level 0

Quattro Bajeena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »

Kinda like music videos! I like the idea quite a bit. I might be interested in working with this.

ntdb
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:46:50 AM »

This is a great idea. Scoping is one of the hardest parts of game dev. Whipping up a team with a given source of inspiration and a strongly defined scope is a recipe for successful, finished projects. I don't have the time for it myself right now.  Sad

Nix
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:57:46 AM »

As you can see it would be smaller projects and maybe i could team up with different programers and musical artist each time :D

What is your role in these creations?
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 12:31:49 AM »

Does fit well with a project I'd like to crank out down the line eventually. One thing I was gonna go with was a "game about gamers gaming," and little minititles on this scope would work fairly well with the idea. The trick is keeping the fundamentals intact, while still providing variety and good, core experiences in the minititles.

Mr.Migoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:08:57 PM »

I guess id be-
Director- some pixel art, to promote it and spread it around :D  Shrug
i just like getting people together- i want to become a movie director and i always take the leading role in anything i can- so i guess id just direct Grin and on a side note- i guess these would be in mostly flash?

Mr.Migoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »

Kinda like music videos! I like the idea quite a bit. I might be interested in working with this.
Yeah! if you or anyone else want to work on it email me at [email protected]

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 02:35:55 AM »

Shrug

OK then, I just hope you have a rich catalogue of games you've already "directed".

(← new art twitter)
zovirl
Level 1

Mark Ivey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 10:13:43 AM »

I think this is an awesome idea. I was excited by this project until this:

I guess id be-
Director- some pixel art, to promote it and spread it around :D  Shrug
i just like getting people together- i want to become a movie director and i always take the leading role in anything i can- so i guess id just direct Grin and on a side note- i guess these would be in mostly flash?

Now I'm skeptical.

Microgrames: awesome idea.
2 people working on it: sounds perfect.
One of those 2 people "just directs": ummm...does that mean the other person does all the work?

On a team of two people, both people better be creating kick-ass stuff. 2-person teams are too small to have a director, right? Honestly they are too small to have a leader. Ideally it is a collaboration of equals instead.

I really like your idea and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt...you said "some pixel art." Does that mean you can provide the art for these games? Do you have a portfolio showing your style? What about game design? How many games have you designed? (I'm a strong programmer, but not great at game design, so if I was going to work with you, it would be great if you were good at designing mechanics).

Alaskan Runway, a side-scrolling flight sim I'm working on.
Forest, a walking meditation game. (behind the scenes)
www.zovirl.com
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 05:58:34 AM »

Director

No.
Mr.Migoo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:05 PM »

Big Laff Lol guys i realize i wouldent be contributing much- i would make trailers, art maybe, but my main thing, is i loike to bring a different look on games and a creative look on things- i just want to make my dream games happen for people- :D Coffee

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 09:08:31 PM »

i just want to make my dream games happen for people

awesome, that's why we're all here. get started!

gbsr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »

what exactly is it with indiedevelopers and chiptunes?
just curious.
jeko88
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 02:47:31 AM »

hi, im andrea, nice idea, i music composer i have make some 8 bit loop, if you interessing contact me Smiley

loop 8 bit: http://soundcloud.com/cloud88/sets/8-bit-16-bit-loop/

thanks you

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic