Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:45:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeYour company name..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Your company name..  (Read 23891 times)
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »

Also, I don't have a beard, but I want to trick people on the internet into thinking that I do.

Cheeky.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »

The Polytron brand started way back when the corporation introduced it's first computer, which was of course the only of it's kind with multiple trons, hence the polytron.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:15:15 AM by fish » Logged

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 10:10:03 PM »

multitple

Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 01:30:48 AM »

I'm going by the rather cheesy name of Tophat Games although it's not (as it may first seem) a silly play on the gentlemen meme popular with the indie community.

Tophats have established as my general sign of identification in my old community, so I just went with that. The whole Tophat thing with the indie community was more of a coincidence.

And technically we're nothing close to a company, yet, but I'm working on that :D
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 05:34:39 AM »

I've used "Moonfire Games" since I started really focusing on playing with games (mostly C# libraries, but getting into the actual games writing thing now). It comes from a silly place, my last name. My wife wants to use "Moonfire Designs" for her graphic design business if she ever creates it, but when you got a last name like Moonfire, might as well roll with it, right?
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 06:41:30 AM »

Many many years ago when I was still young and naive (Wink) I put out a free top-down stealth shooter together with my brother under the completely imaginary company name of Dohsoft. You do the etymology Wink
GP Lackey
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 07:13:19 AM »

The Polytron brand started way back when the coporation introduced it's first computer, which was of course the only of it's kind with multitple trons, hence the polytron.

NONSENSE.

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 09:16:06 AM »

the polytron corporation has a wide range of varied products.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 10:11:10 AM »

PLEASE BEWARE OF THE LASERS
OR THEY WILL KILL YOU DEAD.

But seriously, I actually used a random codename generator.  I guess I picked the name that I probably would have thought was coolest when I was 15.

Since then, I thought up the name "Potential Robot", but don't know what to use it for.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 10:23:24 AM by Golds » Logged

@doomlaser, mark johns
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 10:26:15 AM »

Stop it Golds, stop scaring people with your realistic pictures of heavenly laser beams scorching the earth.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 10:51:06 AM »

Stop it Golds, stop scaring people with your realistic pictures of heavenly laser beams scorching the earth.
That IS a real picture, sir. It just has too much red.
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »

Yeah, those are ICBM trails though, not lasers.

@doomlaser, mark johns
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »

MIRV ICBM AFAIK LOL

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 11:11:44 AM »

Yeah, those are ICBM trails though, not lasers.
That's what they want you to think.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 01:40:53 PM »

I've been fond of the name "Image Heavy" or "img heavy" for some reason.... don't know what I'll do with it.  Teehee.
Biggerfish
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2008, 04:12:43 AM »

I guess I picked the name that I probably would have thought was coolest when I was 15.
Names that are cool when you're 15 are cool for life.
Tatsu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2008, 02:49:48 PM »

Yeah, I was around 15 when I started using TatsuSoft. (Huh, that'd be 11 years ago.) Wow, take your screen name, now add "Soft"!

Tatsu is the shortened version of Tatsumakisenpukyaku, which we all know is Ryu's hurricane kick. TatsumakisenpukyakuSoft didn't have the same ring.

Really though, I should use something else. Perhaps something that has more to do with goats. Maybe.
marshmonkey
Level 2

this is personal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »

I came up with the name NimbleBit because I have had a lot of experience working at companies and on projects that felt huge and unwieldy and impossible to budge from the path they were on. So many people I worked with including myself would be constantly whining about the position the company or game was in, and how it was impossible to change becuase they had gotten stuck in a specific rut that had to be followed in order to stay afloat.

So I felt that what I really wanted to do was "nimble" development, that would allow a very small team to make games in a nimble way, without taking on the kind of resources that would need to be sustained later and would inevitably lead to the same big cumbersome development cycle.

The bit part is just becuase it sounded cheeky  Cool

Lord Ash
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »

I use RoninStudios as a de facto company name right now, have been for a couple of years.

I am, a freelancer, my own boss, a Ronin. I have a Studio. My company, is RoninStudios.

Im thinking of changing it though, as my station in life, has improved. Perhaps VikingStudios. Or something similar. In the end, outside of a sense of identity, it is just words, and mean little compared to what you produce.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »

I chose Menergy because it is hilarious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic