Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411420 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 11:04:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeYour company name..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Your company name..  (Read 23836 times)
Krux
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2009, 06:28:13 PM »

Cool I am not shure, maybe
World Domination Team
One Man Army
Gamesmith #1
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »

back in the day my friend and I made some games under the name Extortion Enterprises. it had a logo of a man/box/sign thing punching somebody/box/sign in the face

these days i'm rather fond of the phrase/title Retro Anomaly
origins: i have a backpack with the letters RAL or something on it, but the middle connecting line of the A and the entire L have disappeared, so now it says RA. also Ra was a cool godpersonage, way back when

but we'll see where that gets me
 :3

Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2009, 08:37:59 PM »

We somehow winded up with Digital Confectioners. Mainly because we really, really, really love candy. Also, we knew it would be good for SEO reasons.

I like turtles.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »

SaintXi

My partner suggested Saint as a good name in the footsteps of several great 'religious' themed studio names, and we added the Chinese character Xi to make a unique name - we currently use the Ascii "Xi" rather than the original Chinese to make an easier to type name.
Your company name looks and sounds cool.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Edmund
Back in Black
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2009, 11:27:42 PM »

Cryptic sea was the name of Alex's solo music project... i liked the name and he finally caved and we used it as our company name. originally his games were going to be "cryptic sea" games and mine were "from the depths"... from the depths of the cryptic sea... i feel like a 13 year old coming up with a band name..

company names are hard to make up
Proc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2009, 10:17:34 AM »

“Timetrap”
-Development takes so much time.
-Industry sings the sirens song.

My partner in crime and I poured our heart and soul into a game for 4months only to have corporate politics cut funding and ultimately stomp out our belief in creative support from the mainstream games industry. Not bitter just wary.

When asked advice about which company to apply for or when excited x-colleges tells us they are working on the best IP ever.  We generally quote general Ackbar from star wars as it pretty much can sum up any “too good to be true” project.

The name felt fitting.

PS: Fourms, Facebook and your mom are all traps.
destroysound
Level 0

apparently this is possible

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2009, 12:34:29 PM »

It's not really a company name, but I originally envisioned "Nihilsys" as a monopolistic corporation that markets a virtual reality game/world in the dystopian cyberpunk scenario I came up with for one of my games. Think Microsoft + Google + Skynet. I regged the domain name but haven't worked on the game in a while, so I've been using it to host my game design blog.
Gold Cray
Level 10

Gold Cray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2009, 10:38:08 PM »

Second Law Games comes from the thermodynamics one.
SaintXi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2009, 06:05:49 AM »

2nd Law: The entropy of an isolated system which is not in equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium.

Cool name - fatalistic and sci-fi connotations.

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2009, 07:13:58 AM »

I'm leaning towards Innuendo.

Innuendo
(play with yourself)

(cuz I make single-player games, you see)
OmniMuffin
Level 1

To the gallows I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2009, 05:22:41 AM »

AwesomazingDev
No story behind it.  The word just sounded cool.
David Pittman
Level 2

MAEK GAEM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2009, 09:27:53 AM »

For a while, I wanted to use "Polymath Games" as a company name. No one I mentioned it to liked it, though. Then I came up with the oh-so-clever "int j Games" as a programmingish reference to my Myers-Briggs type indicator. Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh....   Shrug

Eventually, I settled on Aspen Street Games as a reference to one of many streets I grew up on (where I first played so many classic SNES games), and because it kinda sorta lent itself to a nice clean logo, although the voices in my head keep saying, "MORE LIKE ASPEN LEAF GAMES AMIRITE??"

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic