Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:26:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioFixation Soundtrack - Wanna give some feedback?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fixation Soundtrack - Wanna give some feedback?  (Read 1673 times)
dvgmusic
Level 0

I make music that makes you feel.

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

I think this is the right place to post this. Long time lurker here, and I wanted to share this with you guys and get some feedback.  Comment/ask away  Smiley

dvgmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »

I've got some download codes for anyone who wants them.  Beer!
9cd6-cum8
yh4k-w5k2
yqc2-xrth
38hw-jsuv
dkcc-kde9
pyj4-ghrt
82g4-3jc7
64v6-gvs3
kcbk-3kws
upd2-x9ld

Go here to reedem
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:41:51 PM by dvgmusic » Logged

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »

Downloaded, will give it a listen tomorrow.
PostPre
Level 1

Posted

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »

Thanks for the codes, will listen when I get done flying tomorrow.

Ashkin
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 12:54:57 AM »

Brilliant soundtrack, especially emotional in the context of the game.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 04:37:01 AM »

Listened to it, pretty good stuff, reminds me of http://vgmdb.net/album/954
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 08:17:42 AM »

Will do some driving with it later today. o.o b

dvgmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »

Listened to it, pretty good stuff, reminds me of http://vgmdb.net/album/954
Want to pm me a track or two I can check out? I can't find this anywhere.  Grin
Will do some driving with it later today. o.o b
Report back, hopefully you weren't driving through the country at night blasting this  No No NO
Thanks for the codes, will listen when I get done flying tomorrow.
Looking forward to your reaction Smiley
Brilliant soundtrack, especially emotional in the context of the game.
Thanks a lot!  That's the best way to experience the soundtrack of course. I really drew off the dialogue for each areas track. Hopefully if you listen to it, you can start to hear those moods.

btw, I really like Sub Terrane! I'm a big fan of digging games and I've never played one that was so fast! fun!

Someone posted an incredible review over on his blog about the soundtrack http://seattlewhispers.blogspot.com/2012/03/true-audio-fixation.html If you want to be convinced before you invest 20 minutes in listening start here for a view of what to expect.

JudahRoydes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »

This music is really beautiful. I am totally paying for this. Great job!!

Calum Bowen
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 02:46:31 AM »

ahhh, it's just beautiful. Great job!

Chris Polus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 02:35:16 PM »

Me too, I just bought the thing (also to support dvgmusic). I like it very much. It has this ambient and acoustic feel to it. Very nice depth mix and use of sounds I guess were recorded, glitchy sounds, percussive noises. Really well integrated into the mix.

Really great work dvg, very poetic.

http://stillalive.games
Drone Swarm, Rescue HQ, Bus Simulator, Son of Nor
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »

Many of these tunes give a great sensation of depth about them, thanks to well timed and well-paced echoes. It doesn't overstructure and the varieties and changes in tempo really give a feeling of soothing resonance. It's a great way simple-but-divine kind of work here. Another thing that makes it really stirring and distinctive is that pure mix of high-pitch melody and low-pitch rhythms/chords. It's not always easy to mix well together, but you've nailed it.

Assuming Fixation is a very methodical game and not really fast-paced or frantic, it'll fit rather well.

dvgmusic
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »

This music is really beautiful. I am totally paying for this. Great job!!
ahhh, it's just beautiful. Great job!
Beer! Thanks!

Me too, I just bought the thing (also to support dvgmusic). I like it very much. It has this ambient and acoustic feel to it. Very nice depth mix and use of sounds I guess were recorded, glitchy sounds, percussive noises. Really well integrated into the mix.

Really great work dvg, very poetic.
Glad to meet you over on twitter, Chris! Thanks again for the support Smiley Ambient and acoustic are two big things I was constantly keeping in mind, I really like the timbre of real instruments even when they are warped beyond recognition of their initial purpose.  Most of the percussion (with the exclusion the 808)  were found-sounds, and foley that I resampled and abused until they got where I wanted em. Evil

Many of these tunes give a great sensation of depth about them, thanks to well timed and well-paced echoes. It doesn't overstructure and the varieties and changes in tempo really give a feeling of soothing resonance. It's a great way simple-but-divine kind of work here. Another thing that makes it really stirring and distinctive is that pure mix of high-pitch melody and low-pitch rhythms/chords. It's not always easy to mix well together, but you've nailed it.

Assuming Fixation is a very methodical game and not really fast-paced or frantic, it'll fit rather well.
Hey, awesome! You really picked up on a few things I was trying to convey so that's awesome Smiley The game is actually VERY dialogue heavy but doesn't force you to sit and read the conversations, so I wanted the soundtrack to help in that regard to chill out the player and slow them down. It's a puzzle game wrapped in a pretty quick platforming environment so if you take it as fast as the game lets you, you'll be getting frustrated. So I really wanted everything to be mellow. Thanks a bunch, baconman!

There's still a few codes up there if anyone wants em  Grin

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic