Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411917 Posts in 69431 Topics- by 58479 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 11, 2024, 04:47:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinesskickstarter and fargo fakeyness
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: kickstarter and fargo fakeyness  (Read 866 times)
b.rad
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2012, 05:10:00 PM »

quote from fargo..

“I am tentatively calling this ‘Kick It Forward’ and I will be the first to agree to it. In fact, I will have our artists create a badge that goes on all Kickstarter projects that agree to support this initiative"

Fargo obviously has a deeper relationship with kicckstarter than just a random guy who made ks project. This fucking bum is an insider and his ks is prolly bullshit. I hope someone does some deep checking on this douche

"I will have our artists create a badge that goes on all Kickstarter projects that agree to support this initiative" NO WAY a b level game guy can tell kickstarter to put his logo on other peoples projects unless he was already deep in bed. Fucking jackoff fake ass hoaxers.

I guarantee some of the "REDICULOUSLY off the bell curve projects" are exactly that. MAthematicaly impossible with a tinge of backdoor dealing slipping in to the press stream

Pit 0 free steampunk quarry escape shooter
b.rad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »

fargos kickstarter is exactly as legit as the birdman with wii controller powered wings

Pit 0 free steampunk quarry escape shooter
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »

Hi MattG!

NO WAY a b level game guy can tell kickstarter to put his logo on other peoples projects

He's not. He's asking the people with a project on kickstarter to put it on their kickstarter page:

1. Download the Kicking It Forward logo and use it on your Kickstarter project.
2. Be sure to link back to this website so others may discover and join the project.
3. Use the phrase: "We solemnly pledge 5% of the profits from the finished product back to the Kickstarter community to help fund other people's dreams."

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
ubik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 11:47:35 PM »

I have no idea about this particular situation but I think you're absolutely right (in general) about payola in the game industry, and it's starting to become more and more obvious and pervasive in the indie community as well.

Just a little suggestion though-- what you're saying here comes close to being slander.  I bet a smart lawyer could nail you for what you just said.  You're defaming someone specific here in a way that he could argue would cost him money or harm his reputation and I'd be very careful about doing that.

Once again I do not know this person from BOO, and I have no opinion whatsoever about him, but I can tell you from personal observation that corrupt, nasty people love nothing better than to lawyer up and financially destroy Mister Whitehat in a civil court.  Watch it.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 01:35:23 AM »

Your entire premise, starting from "he's deep in bed with kickstarter" to calling him a bum, a fake jackoff and a fucking hoaxer is pretty all just made up.  You say people should do some 'deep checking' on him when you're more than content to just make things up.

I mean, Kickstarter isn't even primarily for games-- it's just been leaning that way due to tons of activity on that front. 

But if you seriously think that a dude who has been a dyed in the wool game developer for like, decades, is going to ruin his reputation, piss off his industry contacts, for maybe two million dollars which will be extracted from him in court, for fraud, then it's apparent you haven't really thought this through from his perspective.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic