Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:16:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1440530 times)
prime31
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 30, 2014, 10:31:11 PM »

@Slader16, there is no such thing as "2D" vs "3D" mode for Unity. Everything is 3D. Even a flat quad consists of four three-dimensional points of all which have the same z value.
Oh yeah, you're right!

(I keep forgetting that Facepalm)

he's using futile, which as I understand it, only uses unity for rendering, and is mainly code based, acting much more like flash (I haven't used it, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Futile is basically just a code-only way of making a Unity game. It's well-liked by folks who prefer a 100% code based way of making a game (the agony!). It is still just plain old Unity though. It creates meshes just like any Unity mesh and it textures them with standard Unity Texture2Ds.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1461 on: April 09, 2014, 08:52:00 AM »

Rain World is getting published by Adult Swim!
http://www.destructoid.com/adult-swim-games-to-publish-oblitus-rain-world-and-westerado-double-barreled-273027.phtml

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
ConnorUllmann
Level 0

Designer, Artist, Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: April 09, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »

Somehow I feel a kind of brotherhood with Rain World now... (I'm making the other debut Adult Swim game at PAX, Oblitus).

I was super excited when they told me they were publishing Rain World--I've been following this devlog for quite a while before then :D

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1463 on: April 09, 2014, 09:57:02 AM »

Somehow I feel a kind of brotherhood with Rain World now... (I'm making the other debut Adult Swim game at PAX, Oblitus).

I was super excited when they told me they were publishing Rain World--I've been following this devlog for quite a while before then :D
Congrats as well! Great to hear two of my anticipated indies got picked up by a great publisher

So a publisher means easier testing, access to shows and expos, no need to go through Greenlight, possibility of console ports, more exposure and marketing, etc.? Any other benefits?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Konidias
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1464 on: April 09, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »

That's cool about the Adult Swim publishing thing...

They reached out to me as well but my game is still in far too early of development for me to be considering publishers right now.

It's great to see them branching out and really giving indies a chance. Smiley

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1465 on: April 09, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »

oh definitely a brotherhood!  I'm good friends with roger hicks, and you guys do so much stuff together that I almost feel like I know you by proxy haha. when Steve mentioned you and oblitus in PAX conversation I was totally stoked :D

and thank all you guys for the kind words! Joar will be doing a bigger write up once his jet-lag wears off

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: April 09, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

oh definitely a brotherhood!  I'm good friends with roger hicks, and you guys do so much stuff together that I almost feel like I know you by proxy haha. when Steve mentioned you and oblitus in PAX conversation I was totally stoked :D

and thank all you guys for the kind words! Joar will be doing a bigger write up once his jet-lag wears off
Jet-lag?

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1467 on: April 09, 2014, 02:55:18 PM »

Jet-lag?
PAX is in Boston. Joar doesn't live in the US

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: April 09, 2014, 03:24:03 PM »

oh definitely a brotherhood!  I'm good friends with roger hicks, and you guys do so much stuff together that I almost feel like I know you by proxy haha. when Steve mentioned you and oblitus in PAX conversation I was totally stoked :D

Jet-lag?
PAX is in Boston. Joar doesn't live in the US
I didn't know that Joar was going to PAX  Shrug
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:22:27 PM by Slader16 » Logged

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: April 10, 2014, 06:54:33 AM »

Hi there!

Just wanted say that I've flown over to Boston, and we're going to be at PAX tomorrow! Also we have big news: we're going to be published by adult swim games! :D
We're going to appear in their booth during the convention, so feel free to come by and have a chat with us.

Preparing for this stuff has been the reason it's been quiet here for a while, we didn't want to announce anything before we knew for sure. But now everything is settled, I'm trying to get my sleep cycle aligned to the american daylight cycle, and James is telling me epic tales of PAXes past. This is going to be a lot of fun! See you tomorrow Smiley
dancing_dead
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: April 10, 2014, 08:56:22 AM »

mmm, PAX. good luck there, guys!

btw, curiosity etc, is it the unity build that's gonna be playable there?
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1471 on: April 10, 2014, 09:02:23 AM »

nope! just a hacked together widescreen version of the lingo build. AKA still pretty alpha and rough. BUT, still a lot of tun :D

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 10, 2014, 09:07:22 AM »

I wish I could be there!

Could you guys upload some pics while you're there?  Beg

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1473 on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:31 AM »

yes! thanks for reminding me actually

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 10, 2014, 10:10:36 AM »

yes! thanks for reminding me actually
No problemo!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1475 on: April 11, 2014, 03:45:25 AM »

Coming to consoles!?! That's fantastic news.
So does "and well beyond" mean I should start saving up for a PS4?

if any of you haven't seen yet, from the latest update:
...we can now officially announce that Rain World is coming to PSN, PS Vita and well beyond!

Also Joar & James are going to be on the PAX Twitch channel today
Interview on the main PAX Twitch.tv stream at around 3:30pm EST, where we'll talk a bit about the game, probably act silly from staying up all night, then we will face off head 2 head, slugcat master vs. slugcat master for your amusement.
Anyone have the link of that channel?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 04:16:48 AM by Christian » Logged

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1476 on: April 11, 2014, 03:55:18 AM »

likely this? http://www.twitch.tv/pax

Slader16
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 11, 2014, 04:24:19 AM »

Great, now I have to get a Vita.  Grin

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1478 on: April 11, 2014, 04:29:05 AM »

Thanks

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1479 on: April 11, 2014, 11:33:53 AM »

Doesn't seem like that's the link for the stream
Edit: nvm, found it: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic