Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:34:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1447710 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5380 on: February 22, 2016, 01:53:53 AM »

getting through that ambiance audio. quite a collection going  Waaagh!: https://twitter.com/BRIGHTPRIMATE/status/701396605581271041

Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5381 on: February 22, 2016, 07:32:15 AM »

how bad is the cpu hog?

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5382 on: February 22, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »

I will have a very rough question meant in the nicest way Smiley . I am only asking this because : I DESPERATELY WANT TO PLAY THE GAME :D .
What quarter will you be releasing RainWorld in ? :D all these posts about release have gotten me... BEYOND excited :D .

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: February 23, 2016, 01:23:01 AM »

@Dinomaniak, would love to give you something, but definitely can't at this point. Many people are involved in and affected by the release date and the release date announcement process, so not really up to me  Shrug

@Torchkas, we haven't noticed any trouble so far! The game only loads the sounds as they are actually needed, so they're not all in RAM at once. James has made a crazy amount of ambient sounds, but they're not all in the same room or even in the same region.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5384 on: February 24, 2016, 05:10:31 AM »

So far so good on audio RAM stuff? Id be interested to see an audit on it though. Theres a few places (huge rooms with tons of stuff going on) where the audio hangs a bit, but joar is confident thats just loading fussiness and is easily fixable. A similar thing happened with the music loading and was fixed without much fuss, so fingers crossed.

Finally finished with ambience audio! (or at least got it to a reasonable place to move on from...) Didnt take all that long IRL, only 2 weeks, but man in subjective time that was rough stuff. Its the sort of thing thats requires constant steady concentration to fine details over like, hours and hours and thousand screens, so it is *quite* fatiguing both mentally and aurally.

No rest for the wicked though, as im diving right into finishing up the SFX. There is still a ton of SFX triggers to be placed (once Joar gets done with his current project there will be an afternoon and change devoted to that), but for now at least i can catch up on some of the more recent creatures. And by "recent" i mean "Miros bird and lantern mouse" lol.

The slog continues!

presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: February 25, 2016, 06:59:50 AM »

Geez. The game has two regions that could be considered "final" regions, which one is more final depends a bit on your specific playthrough and how you count. They're Subterranean and Superstructure. I have spent significantly more than a month (working about 200%) on superstructure content.  Now I'm there again. James has also spent a month on it, but he says he will be passing over it at least twice again, maybe more. By now, superstructure has an insane amount of content. Not like, half the content of the game, but definitely, say... 6 times the content of a standard region. I hesitate to do the maths, but by the time we finish it we will have spent something like... 4 man-months on that region specifically. None of it has made it to the internet. The region is vast, but the sheer amount of stuff makes it a real problem to fit everything in in a way that doesn't become a complete cacophony and sensory overload from the very entrance room.

Not really sure what this post is about, probably just complaining  Wink But yeah, that region  Shocked

So the end region depends on how we play, does that also mean there will be multiple endings as well?
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: February 25, 2016, 07:18:00 AM »

Very hesitant to go into detail on that as it's deep spoiler territory, but I can say as much that we have a thing planned out that isn't just a linear story with start, middle, end. From our experience on the convention floor people adopt very different play styles, and we want to encourage that within the actual framework of the game.
presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: February 25, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »

Very hesitant to go into detail on that as it's deep spoiler territory, but I can say as much that we have a thing planned out that isn't just a linear story with start, middle, end. From our experience on the convention floor people adopt very different play styles, and we want to encourage that within the actual framework of the game.
Sounds exciting. On a similar note, I know you can't release a release date, but can you release a date for releasing the date of the release date?
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5388 on: February 25, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »

Sounds exciting. On a similar note, I know you can't release a release date, but can you release a date for releasing the date of the release date?

and if you can't do that, maybe you could release a release date for when you release a release date for the release date.

haven't commented on this game before, but I watched one of the gameplay videos from your kickstarter page(one where the slugcat dies by the rain), and it was fantastic, I really liked how you did the rain effect. I hope you can finish this game soon. Any reason why the topic doesn't use one of the icons that shows how far completed the game is?

presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: February 26, 2016, 01:00:15 PM »

and if you can't do that, maybe you could release a release date for when you release a release date for the release date.

haven't commented on this game before, but I watched one of the gameplay videos from your kickstarter page(one where the slugcat dies by the rain), and it was fantastic, I really liked how you did the rain effect. I hope you can finish this game soon. Any reason why the topic doesn't use one of the icons that shows how far completed the game is?
And if they can't do that, they can release a release date for a release date for releasing a release date for a release date.
insaneinside
Level 0

think critically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5390 on: February 26, 2016, 06:14:45 PM »

Quote from: insaneinside
GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP

My apologies.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:04:55 PM by insaneinside » Logged
presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: February 26, 2016, 08:13:25 PM »

Gentleman My Word! Gentleman My Word! My Word! Gentleman
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:13:45 AM by presidenthobbes » Logged
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5392 on: February 26, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »

gentlemen! lets keep it positive in these threads  Gentleman

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5393 on: February 28, 2016, 06:56:10 AM »

UPDATE: videogame development is hard  Screamy

presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: February 28, 2016, 08:52:07 PM »

UPDATE: videogame development is hard  Screamy
It was at that moment, after several years and 270 pages in a devlog, that james realized he dun f***ed up
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 09:05:19 PM by presidenthobbes » Logged
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5395 on: February 28, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »

truer words have never been spoken. hopefully we'll have sone proper updates soon, pardon our silence as we crunch for a GDC build

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: February 28, 2016, 10:33:36 PM »

truer words have never been spoken. hopefully we'll have sone proper updates soon, pardon our silence as we crunch for a GDC build

I guess it's going to be whole map + music and sound?

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5397 on: February 29, 2016, 08:12:51 AM »

UPDATE: videogame development is hard  Screamy

yes

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: February 29, 2016, 10:27:37 AM »

quality is hard

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: February 29, 2016, 10:39:59 AM »

Yeez, if you guys think our development is smooth sailing, let me comfort you by sharing that I had a pretty huge set back in one of the "set pieces" we're making - ie special extra cool rooms - and basically had to scrap 3 days of work  No No NO

Could salvage some of it though and I think that we're on a trajectory to an okay result! If anything, we've got persistence haha
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic