Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:57:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1443636 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5880 on: September 21, 2016, 05:41:52 AM »

a little taste of Del's incredible illustration work

Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: September 21, 2016, 06:26:56 AM »

The lighting and colors are amazing, but... 492x404. Don't you have a larger version? This would look so sweet as a desktop wallpaper.
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5882 on: September 21, 2016, 08:01:05 AM »

Once the game comes out I we can get a full album or something so I can set a rotation for my wallpaper with all Rain World art   Kiss
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5883 on: September 21, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »

The lighting and colors are amazing, but... 492x404. Don't you have a larger version? This would look so sweet as a desktop wallpaper.

Once the game comes out I we can get a full album or something so I can set a rotation for my wallpaper with all Rain World art   Kiss

Def! This is a little corner of a much bigger, and spoilery, pic. So we're going to wait until the trailer is out at least to release. Del wants to do a whole bunch of proper wallpapers and extended illustrations too, which might fill in some story points and backgrounds of other characters. Looking forward to it!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5884 on: September 21, 2016, 01:02:13 PM »

Def! This is a little corner of a much bigger, and spoilery, pic. So we're going to wait until the trailer is out at least to release. Del wants to do a whole bunch of proper wallpapers and extended illustrations too, which might fill in some story points and backgrounds of other characters. Looking forward to it!
"Other characters", huh? Well, hello there!

Sounds like the narrative will be more involved than I had imagined

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: September 22, 2016, 04:44:50 PM »

And they're going to have entire backstories! This game is the gift that keeps on giving  Kiss
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5886 on: September 22, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »

And they're going to have entire backstories! This game is the gift that keeps on giving  Kiss
It really is. I've been following this game for as long as I have been into indie games, about three-four years now. The devlog alone, it's like a gamedev fixture among all the other devlogs and Tumblr blogs that come and go, that I've followed over the years. Rain World is the quintessential indie devlog. It's going to feel like an end of an era when the game is finally finished.

At least I'll have The Last Night and Somerville to continue following as favorite devlogs

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Profesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: September 24, 2016, 12:53:44 PM »

Its time to release your child in the wild. More hype,without releasing the game, at this point,will make the product not better and it also wont lead to more people buying it, rather the opposite effect.

Yeah, heaven forbid Joar, James et al. should fail to capitalise on this year's publicity bandwagon and in turn cede their hard-earned market share to Call of Rain World 2017. Except, of course, they won't: because technically and conceptually, what they're doing is so singular as to invite comparison with nothing less than the likes of Flashback, Abe's Oddysee, Silent Hill, Planescape: Torment, The Last of Us, Diablo, Deus Ex, Heart of Darkness, Syndicate Wars, Metal Gear Solid, Journey, Populous, Shadow of the Colossus: definitive works whose vintage is once-per-generation, and whose landmark experiences rest upon the more or less commercially-unfettered, creatively-unadulterated and temporally-unconstrained implementation of a consummate artistic vision anchored by the (often emergent, heuristic or self-referential) synthesis of mechanics and world-building into a transcendental narrative mythos which is structurally about as straightforward to emulate as complex organic life, and in execution every bit as irreducibly unique as an individual organism's living, feeling, dynamic consciousness.

In short: the underlying reason that you're so impatient for Rain World's release—namely, that there's nothing else past or present quite like it—is precisely why your criticism will find only deaf ears among the dedicated enthusiast media and discerning gamer public alike: those whose children will be discovering and falling in love with it for the first time in 2027, much as they themselves did (and still do) the aforementioned titles even to this day. And hence, neither of Rain World's architects need be at all concerned by such—frankly, irrelevant—misgivings as you've presented here.

To the creators: what you're doing is simply magic, and will surely cement your industry reputations for years to come. Keep it up.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:25:06 PM by Profesh » Logged
Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: September 25, 2016, 08:39:24 AM »

Just wanna say I'm psyched that this game is progressing so nicely! I followed it really close early on and backed the kickstarter, been away but I can't wait to play.

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5889 on: September 27, 2016, 05:24:10 AM »

Another game to add to the esteemed procedural animations club
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=38175.msg1285362#msg1285362
Looks cool

AlcyonGames
Level 0

Games for Gamers by Gamers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5890 on: October 04, 2016, 03:29:44 PM »

This game has really kept our attention from the beginning, is so well polished! is really interesting Wink Coffee Hand Clap
flipswitchx
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5891 on: October 04, 2016, 05:59:27 PM »

Beautiful illustration  Hand Clap

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5892 on: October 11, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »

thanks all!!

Tiniest of updates:

The past weeks/months/lifetimes have been spent testing and improving the PS4 build with our porting team, Carbon Games. Things are looking REAL NICE Well, hello there!

Its pretty crazy though: Joar is in Seoul right now, Carbon is in London, and Adult Swim is in Atlanta. Im in Boston organizing everything, and never sleeping because as soon as one crew calls it a day another timezone day begins! But everything is moving along quite nicely.

For international peeps, its official that we'll be releasing in a few languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Portuguese; which im very very excited about. I never expected things to get this big.

We plan on doing Asian languages eventually, but localization is going to take quite a bit for that and we'll have to redo our text system to accommodate, so it'll be down the line a bit.

Another cool thing now that content production is wrapped up is that I can start focusing on PR/media stuff.

For some that sounds like dirty words I know, but what I mean by it is putting together cool media to tease on the lead up to release. Were planning on a bunch of trailers showcasing different regions, gif campaigns that follow little narratives, "music videos" showcasing some of our favorite tunes in context, wallpapers and teaser art from Del. Super super psyched to get into all of that! (Especially since the last few months have been a tedious bug-testing hellscape, haha!)

But anyway, if anybody has things they'd like to see or suggestions for that let me know and I'll take it into consideration!  Toast Right

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5893 on: October 11, 2016, 07:01:16 PM »

That's fantastic news! Congrats! I hope you'll be able to get some rest and relaxation, if things are bit less hectic (maybe?)

Still hoping you're considering the nature doc teasers idea that was suggested earlier in the devlog. This game is perfect for that. Some of the best gifs are the ones without the slugcat and just showing species interacting on their own. (That or "Life of a slugcat")
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 07:08:57 PM by Christian » Logged

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: October 11, 2016, 08:08:11 PM »

Any in-game beastiary that fills up with how much you've had contact with different species? Could be drawings without text, or in the form of research notes where the player can name the species themselves.

Also if you go with the nature documentary video, please send me a narration-less version. I'm going to record a Chinese one. Tears of Joy

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
chriswearly
Level 3

prince slugcat

View Profile
« Reply #5895 on: October 12, 2016, 01:18:23 AM »

Some of the best gifs are the ones without the slugcat and just showing species interacting on their own. (That or "Life of a slugcat")
excuse me that is a trademarked branding Tongue (I would link to the tumblr but it's cringy at this point Ninja)

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5896 on: October 12, 2016, 04:05:56 AM »

Does anybody have the recordings from PAX West ? over a month passed and I can't find those anywhere.
Also, any updates ?

tortoiseandcrow
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: October 12, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »

Congrats on finishing up the testing! That's so great!

I'll add my +1 to the nature documentary teasers, particularly if they highlight interesting inter-species interactions. You should seriously consider pulling up the BBC's The Blue Planet on Netflix for reference. It might be interesting to make close-ups or b-roll type shots (time-lapse landscapes, etc.) with some art by Del.

I definitely want to see at least one teaser that focuses on the rain, with all sorts of creatures suddenly giving up what they are doing and running for cover. Something that really gives the rain the menace it deserves.
presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: October 12, 2016, 03:18:24 PM »

I just noticed that the slugcat looks disconcertingly like the Icelandic death-cat Jólakötturinn

io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5899 on: October 13, 2016, 09:06:52 AM »

I just noticed that the slugcat looks disconcertingly like the Icelandic death-cat Jólakötturinn

Indeed!

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic