Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:44:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1421837 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5920 on: October 22, 2016, 08:02:08 PM »

Asking for a 3rd time : any videos from PAX West ? hungry for new RW content Smiley

Nope! We we're pretty under the radar for west. Trying to avoid showing stuff we'll be hyping soon, etc etc

DigitalHamburger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: October 24, 2016, 05:47:34 AM »

I've been following this for about a year now and I can't wait to see it released. Keep up the good work and good luck on your homestretch! This project is truly something special.  Smiley
Flamdooo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: October 25, 2016, 12:57:46 PM »

Will the humble bundle alpha be updated ever?
Also, will you be able to play as the lizard in the full game?
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5923 on: October 25, 2016, 01:57:49 PM »

I also have a question/clarification to ask Smiley - how will the zone progress take place ?
Will you rest in one zone while the rain takes place, then wake up in the same shelter and suddenly be in another zone ? or... do the shelters travel ( like a lift ) ?  or do you simply traverse from one zone to another ?

Having joined the ranks of those who supported the development, I'd also like to ask if the alpha will be updated Smiley .

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5924 on: October 25, 2016, 04:24:22 PM »

thanks new friends!

Will the humble bundle alpha be updated ever?
Also, will you be able to play as the lizard in the full game?

The game is finishing up development right now, so we are farrrr past the Alpha im afraid! Soon you be able to play the REAL game though  Hand Joystick

Nope, just little slugcat! We do get that question asked a surprising amount of times though, haha.

I also have a question/clarification to ask Smiley - how will the zone progress take place ?
Will you rest in one zone while the rain takes place, then wake up in the same shelter and suddenly be in another zone ? or... do the shelters travel ( like a lift ) ?  or do you simply traverse from one zone to another ?

Region progress is just like moving through any of the regular game rooms, except you pass through a gate that separates the regions. like so:

gotta get clean

Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #5925 on: October 26, 2016, 08:39:06 AM »

Holy sh!t, lizard master?!

Kinda makes me glad I'm so bad at tracking this game, I'll get to experience all this stuff clean with no insider knowledge.

Honestly tho, if you made a development/art book - and with 300 pages and I'm sure many more sketches, documents, and prototypes aside - it'd be hard to resist.

As always hyped to play this.

presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: October 26, 2016, 08:56:37 AM »

I'm going to opt for the official term to be "lizard wizard"
Flamdooo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: October 26, 2016, 11:23:58 AM »

Another question, will there be baby animals in the game?
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5928 on: October 26, 2016, 12:04:39 PM »

I think right now we're at the point where we're going to ask questions, and James & Joar's job will be to say things like : "Do you want to play and be surprised, or do you want us to spoil it ?"
Beware of caps : NO, DON'T SPOIL IT :D

But instead, since there's not going to be an update to the alpha because the game is "so close" ( at least 3 months away... ) to release, you guys should post videos showcasing some new/interesting content. ~8 min+ would be great Smiley .

Seriously, our hunger for RW might grow to unexpected levels with all the missing updates.

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5929 on: October 26, 2016, 12:41:41 PM »

...James & Joar's job will be to say things like : "Do you want to play and be surprised, or do you want us to spoil it ?"
Beware of caps : NO, DON'T SPOIL IT :D
...you guys should post videos showcasing some new/interesting content. ~8 min+ would be great Smiley .

Um.
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5930 on: October 26, 2016, 11:47:41 PM »

Um.
To clarify : new/interesting content should limit any massive spoilers.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5931 on: October 29, 2016, 02:02:10 AM »

we will be actually! with 20ish estimated hours of playtime, theres plenty we can show without spoiling. we've been holding back on the gifs and new content for like 6 months for just this purpose Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Right

RainWorldIsAwesome
Level 0

Rain

View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: October 29, 2016, 09:35:24 PM »

Hey friends, long time no see, just caught up on 20 something pages of stuff  My Word!. I was watching this youtube video the other day about a species of lizard that has three natural color variations. Each competes with the other for territory and mates in different ways. Blues team up to defend mates and territory, yellows sneak around and oranges use brute force and size.

I can't help, but wonder if you guys were inspired by this, or if you even knew it existed? Regardless, it's kinda cool that RainWorld either on purpose or accidentally simulated nature IRL!

(Here is a link to an article about them: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-lizards-that-live-rock-paper-scissors-118219795/?no-ist )

Felius Limax
Venator Lacertae
whistlerat
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: October 30, 2016, 04:13:28 AM »

This is the 1# game I've been lurking to follow for about two years now, and I finally made an account, so can actually follow this thread - so just consider me another of your many adoring fans Smiley

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5934 on: October 30, 2016, 06:34:10 AM »

This is the 1# game I've been lurking to follow for about two years now, and I finally made an account, so can actually follow this thread - so just consider me another of your many adoring fans Smiley
I wonder how many people joined TIGForum because of Rain World. It's the game that got me to register here.

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Crispy75
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: October 30, 2016, 02:12:28 PM »

I wonder how many people joined TIGForum because of Rain World. It's the game that got me to register here.

There are other threads here? :D
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5936 on: October 30, 2016, 04:20:30 PM »

...I was watching this youtube video the other day about a species of lizard that has three natural color variations. Each competes with the other for territory and mates in different ways. Blues team up to defend mates and territory, yellows sneak around and oranges use brute force and size.

I can't help, but wonder if you guys were inspired by this, or if you even knew it existed? Regardless, it's kinda cool that RainWorld either on purpose or accidentally simulated nature IRL!

(Here is a link to an article about them: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/the-lizards-that-live-rock-paper-scissors-118219795/?no-ist )

This is a really good question, actually. Any inspiration from this or is it coincidence?

Either way it's super cool!
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5937 on: October 30, 2016, 09:23:15 PM »

hi new friends!

...I was watching this youtube video the other day about a species of lizard that has three natural color variations. Each competes with the other for territory and mates in different ways. Blues team up to defend mates and territory, yellows sneak around and oranges use brute force and size.

This is a really good question, actually. Any inspiration from this or is it coincidence?

Either way it's super cool!

ohhhh this is a good question! Ill ask joar

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5938 on: October 31, 2016, 02:51:57 AM »

in the meantime, some halloween goofs:

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5939 on: October 31, 2016, 06:01:41 AM »

The vulture skull mask! I remember when one of the posters here suggested the idea, cool to see it in action

Oh and was that a MGS-style icon popping up for the lizard in the first GIF?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:35:34 PM by Christian » Logged

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic