Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:44:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1446457 times)
kennoley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6400 on: March 28, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »

Cruel April Fools Prank

Add in an "easy mode" choice into the game, but make it so whenever you finish the tutorial and you exit the hibernation/shelter for the first time, it's already starting to rain  Wink

Chimney Canopy

Omfg, Chimney Canopy is the hardest and most impossible place to pass.
This is only my 3rd region and im stuck at it here's why!

Scavagers attack me on sight, I litteraly just exited a shelter and there's about 6 on the same screen attacking me

Giant birds are constantly showing up

Lizards plegue the whole damn place

Hard to catch bats (since they can just fly away)

And just the terrain itself, there's just floating platforms.

I reached "The Survivor" and I had a chance to , but I was an idiot and decided to stay in this impossible to pass place, and now im stuck...

Any tips or tricks to getting past this extremely difficult region? Crazy
From which region did you enter Chimney Canopy? Also anybody knows from which regions can you enter Sky Islands and what to do with robot girl at the end of Shoreline?

So I entered Chimney canopy from the Industrial Complex, and I entered the Sky Islands from Chimney Canopy (I died way to many times so I just gave up on exploring that place since its filled with birds, lizards, and a very VERY difficult terrain to go across).

If you manage to get there, good luck  Smiley
kennoley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: March 28, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »

Would you guys consider Shaded Citadel to be the hardest region in the game?

Id like to know because I'm sure im at its gate (from the Industrial Complex), and it requires max karma...

Is it harder than Chimney Canopy, if so how?
Finbonne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6402 on: March 28, 2017, 08:11:20 PM »

Id like to know because I'm sure im at its gate (from the Industrial Complex), and it requires max karma...

Ohhhh buddyy.  From my experience sub terranian is hard as hell, everything is trying to kill you and more so then normal Tears of Joy
Malkraz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: March 28, 2017, 08:14:58 PM »

The only serious issue I have with this game is the bridge between Shaded Citadel and the water area. There are so many spots where the terrain is very unclear and it extends visually WAY past where the collision actually is. I've died more falling off there than I have everywhere else in the game combined.

Edit: And the intro cinematic is unskippable.
Carrotca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: March 28, 2017, 08:17:08 PM »

Cruel April Fools Prank

Add in an "easy mode" choice into the game, but make it so whenever you finish the tutorial and you exit the hibernation/shelter for the first time, it's already starting to rain  Wink

Chimney Canopy

Omfg, Chimney Canopy is the hardest and most impossible place to pass.
This is only my 3rd region and im stuck at it here's why!

Scavagers attack me on sight, I litteraly just exited a shelter and there's about 6 on the same screen attacking me

Giant birds are constantly showing up

Lizards plegue the whole damn place

Hard to catch bats (since they can just fly away)

And just the terrain itself, there's just floating platforms.

I reached "The Survivor" and I had a chance to , but I was an idiot and decided to stay in this impossible to pass place, and now im stuck...

Any tips or tricks to getting past this extremely difficult region? Crazy
From which region did you enter Chimney Canopy? Also anybody knows from which regions can you enter Sky Islands and what to do with robot girl at the end of Shoreline?

So I entered Chimney canopy from the Industrial Complex, and I entered the Sky Islands from Chimney Canopy (I died way to many times so I just gave up on exploring that place since its filled with birds, lizards, and a very VERY difficult terrain to go across).

If you manage to get there, good luck  Smiley
It see, it seems if you choose harder route in Chimney you can go to Line Farms from there. Have you found that robot NPC in Shoreline? You need to find something for it.
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6405 on: March 28, 2017, 08:20:21 PM »

Ohhhh buddyy.  From my experience sub terranian is hard as hell, everything is trying to kill you and more so then normal Tears of Joy
Subterranean=everything is hard, whereas Shaded Citadel=everything is dark. That being said, SC isn't easy by any means. It may be my favorite region.
Finbonne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6406 on: March 28, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »

Subterranean=everything is hard, whereas Shaded Citadel=everything is dark. That being said, SC isn't easy by any means. It may be my favorite region.

I ventured into the citadel but when I dropped my mouse in the darkness and it got eaten by some kind of spider peed I said hell the fuck no and havent went back since.

So far the garbage waste are currently my favriot region because I love interacting with scavengers.  I haven't explored much of it yet because its very hard but sub terranian might just beat the waste because of all special creatures it has, even if those said creatures all want you very very dead.
Carrotca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:39 PM »

Anyone managed to kill Daddy Long Legs or Leviathan somehow? Or are they 100% unkillable.
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: March 28, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »

Ohhhh buddyy.  From my experience sub terranian is hard as hell, everything is trying to kill you and more so then normal Tears of Joy

I ventured into the citadel but when I dropped my mouse in the darkness and it got eaten by some kind of spider peed I said hell the fuck no and havent went back since.

So far the garbage waste are currently my favriot region because I love interacting with scavengers.  I haven't explored much of it yet because its very hard but sub terranian might just beat the waste because of all special creatures it has, even if those said creatures all want you very very dead.
I just used a centipede corpse that was the same size as me, to become a spy, and sneak past some centipedes. It was amazing.
Woodledude
Level 0

What does this text field do?

View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: March 28, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »

The only serious issue I have with this game is the bridge between Shaded Citadel and the water area. There are so many spots where the terrain is very unclear and it extends visually WAY past where the collision actually is. I've died more falling off there than I have everywhere else in the game combined.

Edit: And the intro cinematic is unskippable.

I'm actually kind of glad to hear that's the worst area, because as barely tolerable as it is, I can still tolerate it to get to the rest of the world. This gives me new hope - I've been debating playing more reading the reviews, as I hear good things, and bad things... I am really excited to get back to it, though. I loved what little I managed to find of Shoreline.

Fledgling game designer. Be prepared for walls of text with little coherency and much rambling. Thank you for your time, and tell me what you think.
WolfboxW
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: March 28, 2017, 08:46:14 PM »

Anyone managed to kill Daddy Long Legs or Leviathan somehow? Or are they 100% unkillable.

While I haven't gotten a chance to play the game yet (c'mon, Humble Bundle! Work for me!), if I remember correctly the Daddy Long Legs were said to be more of a colonial organism rather than a single monster, so there might not be a way to 'kill' it in the traditional sense. Have you tried disabling the tentacles?
Carrotca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: March 28, 2017, 08:54:43 PM »

While I haven't gotten a chance to play the game yet (c'mon, Humble Bundle! Work for me!), if I remember correctly the Daddy Long Legs were said to be more of a colonial organism rather than a single monster, so there might not be a way to 'kill' it in the traditional sense. Have you tried disabling the tentacles?
Small ones run away when you disable a tentacle. Anyone managed to hit the main body?
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6412 on: March 28, 2017, 09:49:57 PM »

WOO LAUNCH DAY OVER!! And now the great patching begins...

im so stoked to see people working their way through the learning curve and starting to work as a community. i think this is going to be a lot of fun  Coffee

Profesh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: March 28, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »

Have to agree with the ranking criticism. The rank system is needlessly frustrating and unfair, an extra unneeded kick in the teeth on top of the "bottom of the food chain" intensity. Also it hamstrings the entire sense of exploration because you always have to be thinking if you have the right rank for a region gate, and then if you're in a tough section, you're focused less on survival and exploration and caring more about your rank. It feels like a game-y addition at odds with the naturalistic ecosystem survival

By that, I mean it really doesnt add anything to the core concept of the game. It feels like it's there only as something for the player to do, rather than something a slugcat prey would be concerned with it. The player goals and worries are not in sync with the action onscreen.

It's like when Shelter 2 added pointless collectables that suddenly created this layer of gaminess over the lynx survival, this extra thing that diminsihed the feeling of being an animal in the world. Suddenly you had human concerns, outside of the mindset of the animal you were playing as

Needing to worry and maintain rank here feels the same.

An early idea - "the gate cistern drains and needs to be refilled by rain" - would be much better. It would restrict players to one region change per cycle, and not punish players because they couldn't recall what the symbol was on a gate they encountered 45 minutes ago.

But really, losing a rank because you died is too much. Having to restart the cycle, and navigate the world, is risk enough

I echo all of the above.
Carrotca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: March 28, 2017, 10:26:16 PM »

Have to agree with the ranking criticism. The rank system is needlessly frustrating and unfair, an extra unneeded kick in the teeth on top of the "bottom of the food chain" intensity. Also it hamstrings the entire sense of exploration because you always have to be thinking if you have the right rank for a region gate, and then if you're in a tough section, you're focused less on survival and exploration and caring more about your rank. It feels like a game-y addition at odds with the naturalistic ecosystem survival

By that, I mean it really doesnt add anything to the core concept of the game. It feels like it's there only as something for the player to do, rather than something a slugcat prey would be concerned with it. The player goals and worries are not in sync with the action onscreen.

It's like when Shelter 2 added pointless collectables that suddenly created this layer of gaminess over the lynx survival, this extra thing that diminsihed the feeling of being an animal in the world. Suddenly you had human concerns, outside of the mindset of the animal you were playing as

Needing to worry and maintain rank here feels the same.

An early idea - "the gate cistern drains and needs to be refilled by rain" - would be much better. It would restrict players to one region change per cycle, and not punish players because they couldn't recall what the symbol was on a gate they encountered 45 minutes ago.

But really, losing a rank because you died is too much. Having to restart the cycle, and navigate the world, is risk enough

I echo all of the above.
Well slugcat has near human intelligence since it can use spears and figure out to give pearls to scavengers.
But losing karma from quiting the game outside shelters is too much. There should be an option to disable this.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6415 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:49 PM »

Yep, i think this is totally valid, and were considering ways of changing it up in the first patch.

it was introduced as a way of preventing people from just quitting and restarting scot free when the going gets tough, but its unnecessarily punishing and there are obviously a million reasons that a person might have to quit and restart other than that they want to game the system.

Agentflit
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:31 PM »

Here's a bug report!

Problem: Rain World stutters terribly and is unplayable on my ViewSonic XG2401 monitor, but only in fullscreen mode.

Diagnosis: I believe this is a freesync issue, because Distance has the exact same problem for me. However, the "-window-mode exclusive" launch option fix for Distance doesn't work for Rain World, I assume because it's using an older version of Unity.

Temporary solution: Rain World runs fine on my plain' ol non-freesync IPS monitor, which is what I did for distance before the fix.

Hopefully this will be patched at some point, because I'd love to try 144hz Smiley. Thanks!

Carrotca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: March 29, 2017, 12:07:06 AM »

Yep, i think this is totally valid, and were considering ways of changing it up in the first patch.

it was introduced as a way of preventing people from just quitting and restarting scot free when the going gets tough, but its unnecessarily punishing and there are obviously a million reasons that a person might have to quit and restart other than that they want to game the system.
But leave the oiginal option too.
Carrotca
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: March 29, 2017, 12:13:48 AM »

By the way, could you add support for higher resolutions? It's too low to comfortably play for people with 4k monitors.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 12:21:54 AM by Carrotca » Logged
Crispy75
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: March 29, 2017, 12:37:23 AM »

By the way, could you add support for higher resolutions? It's too low to comfortably play for people with 4k monitors.

The art is generated for 768p so there is no benefit to running at higher resolutions. The "mid-res" look is deliberate.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic