Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:34:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1443862 times)
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6840 on: April 16, 2017, 02:42:38 AM »

Thank you for the kind words! I'd recommend you to try for the gate up top instead of going left!
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6841 on: April 16, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »

[EDIT] Whoops!  Looks like I posted this here as well after posting it in the intended thread
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:12:31 AM by io3 creations » Logged

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: April 16, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »

Does anybody know how to just drop an item? I wanted to offer pearls to the scavengers but I ended up hitting them instead lol.
To which one of the devs replied:
You can press the pickup button while holding the *down* direction to put down an item without throwing it!

Is dropping (grab+down button) a pearl really the right way to give them the pearl? They attacked me once despite having payed their toll that way. I had no weapon equipped and suddenly spears everywhere. Is it possible for them to get the idea they simply found a pearl near their decorated skull and i did not pay?

I always thought of throwing as an attack animation.
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: April 17, 2017, 01:22:52 AM »

You must throw them the pearl, you'll notice it won't be agressive, the pearl is thrown gently.

So we're Monday, were is the PS4 patch ?!
iambored
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: April 17, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »

Thank you for the kind words! I'd recommend you to try for the gate up top instead of going left!

Thanks! I did, and this new area is insane!  Screamy

crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: April 17, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »

Thanks! I did, and this new area is insane!  Screamy

Do you know what would be really insane?
Slugcat beeing a playable character in quake champions.
Wolvered
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: April 18, 2017, 02:42:32 AM »

So
I saw some playthrough in 'hard mode' with some really giant lizards, and I wondered: how do you even access this hard mode? I finished the game and all but I still didn't find out how I was supposed tu unlock/play it
JetBlackJasper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: April 18, 2017, 03:42:20 AM »

New user and also I got about 6 other things I should be doing but I seriously had to pop in and say what I cerebral joy I've really had with this game. It's super consuming in a really good way and I'm really really wrapped up in the mechanics, word, lore and the almost sort of meta narrative-- which kind of brings me to the karma system and why I don't think it can actually go?
I mean mechanics and motivations are talked about a lot in about the past 30 pages when it comes this weird rewards-but-not-actually-a-rewards system but in terms of the internal language and theming of the game, the karma ladder is a really important symbol! It's evidence of your struggle and your growth in the great cycle of the game so that the desire to escape is that much more tangible. Well at least for you as the player-- I really do wonder what slugcat thinks of all these "helpers".

I'm not really sure what tweaks could really be added to the karma ladder to keep it's thematic value while also making the system welcoming or-- I guess more tolerable. The way that I would read an internalize it wasn't even punishing so much as it was tracking. Much like paperclip I sort of looked at it as linked to my journey or the road I was taking, going up when I was prosperous and going down when I was on hard times. Actually I wonder if that's the kicker, a way to make it seem like less of a salt-in-the-wound scale and more of like some kind of authored record? Because I really like what it does for the theming (especially in the late-late game) and I would really hate to lose it's value because it was too standoffish or misinterpreted too often as a punishment. I'm not sure how that could come across with this kind of minimal text set up, but that kernel of an idea might be worth something.

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:04:29 PM by JetBlackJasper » Logged
i.i
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: April 18, 2017, 09:28:38 AM »

Despite some initial performance issues (some strange things were happening with the initial loading, but they seem to be gone now), this game is really something special. I haven't gotten that far yet, but it's definitely going in my list of wonderful things.
crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:02 PM »

Is this topic death?
It would be great to get an heads up on further update and patch plans?
You told us that you have something in store on the longrun.Does that still stand?
Any news?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:38:07 PM by crankykong » Logged
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6850 on: April 19, 2017, 08:50:44 PM »

calm down cranky

crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: April 19, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »

calm down cranky

Im calm.
Just curious on whats going on.
The devs are at the moment like this one mimicry plant in rainworld , which can camouflage itsself as an pole.

rj, where is the trademark sign in your name gone?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:40:58 PM by crankykong » Logged
rj
Level 10

bad, yells

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6852 on: April 19, 2017, 09:40:52 PM »

it was time to be free

crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: April 19, 2017, 10:16:56 PM »

it was time to be free

Seems legit for me,hope you are happy with your new live without a trademark sign anymore.
But what is now with any update news?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:35:36 PM by crankykong » Logged
Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:22 PM »

If they are not working on a Steam patch, i assume they are working on the PS4, GOG, Humble Bundle version.

Edit:
NormalPrimate 10 hours ago
GOG patch is up today! It combines the v1.01 and v1.015 patches. <3
crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: April 20, 2017, 07:07:06 AM »

If they are not working on a Steam patch, i assume they are working on the PS4, GOG, Humble Bundle version.

Edit:
NormalPrimate 10 hours ago
GOG patch is up today! It combines the v1.01 and v1.015 patches. <3

That are only numbers but does anyone know what patch v1.015 exactly made better?
Where are the patch notes like you see them in any other game.
Only patch i know from was the april 6th one and now its april 20.
And the last few weeks they answerd/replyed only to posts which praise the game as flawless and perfect.

This is not a multiplayer game.Three weeks afte Launch almost everyone has finished the game so they dont need to put out the patch anymore anyways,they are just too late(at least for the players who bought the game on the 28th of march),because not many payer will play through any single player game a second time, if it is not speedrun friendly like super meat boy is for example or they offer new content like new maps or harder monster. And with the time consuming karma grinding system through karma gates combined with many cheap unavoidable deaths which set back your progress after each death, i doubt that this game gets much speedrun trials.It not even has a fast travel/teleport function after you beat the game.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:01:34 PM by crankykong » Logged
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6856 on: April 20, 2017, 11:58:46 AM »

This is not a multiplayer game.Three weeks afte Launch almost everyone has finished the game so they dont need to put out the patch anymore anyways,they are just too late(at least for the players who bought the game on the 28 of march),because not many payer will play through any single player game a second time, if it is not speedrun friendly like super meat boy is for example or they offer new content like new maps or harder monster. And with the time consuming karma grinding system through karma gates combined with many cheap unavoidable deaths which set back your progress after each death, i doubt that this game get much speedrun trials.It not even has a fast travel/teleport function after you beat the game.
It may not make a difference for those that have got (and likely finished) the game but for those that are waiting for an "easier" version, the updates are useful.  Especially, if it is "marketed"  by people who played it and could let others who skipped the game due to give it a try now.

Actually, there are a few speedrun videos on youtube already. e.g.

crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: April 20, 2017, 01:49:16 PM »

This is not a multiplayer game.Three weeks afte Launch almost everyone has finished the game so they dont need to put out the patch anymore anyways,they are just too late(at least for the players who bought the game on the 28 of march),because not many payer will play through any single player game a second time, if it is not speedrun friendly like super meat boy is for example or they offer new content like new maps or harder monster. And with the time consuming karma grinding system through karma gates combined with many cheap unavoidable deaths which set back your progress after each death, i doubt that this game get much speedrun trials.It not even has a fast travel/teleport function after you beat the game.
It may not make a difference for those that have got (and likely finished) the game but for those that are waiting for an "easier" version, the updates are useful.  Especially, if it is "marketed"  by people who played it and could let others who skipped the game due to give it a try now.

Actually, there are a few speedrun videos on youtube already. e.g.

Im all for an easy mode, im also even more for an hard mode.
I only say that the only way people who have already finished the game profit from a patch such late is if this patch has additional content like:

-hard mode with more hazards on the map and more difficult/deathly enemys with additional abilitys
-speedrun mode without the karma mechanic
-additional creatures which can be used as additional items or additional items or new areas

But it makes more sense to bring stuff like new areas and new creatures out in an additional dlc.
I dont know about you but i would def. buy dlc content,if i really have the feeling they really listend to the player feedback and changed the controls overall (not only the controls under water) and made some of the gameplaymechanics like timelimit adjustable in the options menu.

But they have to comunicate that to the players in a clear way.You cant sit around for almost a month after release and only say vague things like "there is more content comming down the line", or people just stop to care,after you did not even manage to adress the controls three weeks after release date (except of swimming and rolling of cliffs while ducking).

I have the feels that they will not adjust the controls or make timelimit/karma adjustable anyways.But we will see.

Reguarding speedruns:

There are speedrun vids to any game on YouTube!
But some games get just speedruned more often then other games.
And only because a handfull of people speedruned this game does not mean that its a popular or fun game to speedrun for most of the playerbase.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 02:25:37 PM by crankykong » Logged
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6858 on: April 20, 2017, 02:55:41 PM »

Yeah, I was going to update my reply that having some speedrun videos doesn't necessarily mean that the game is speedrun "friendly" and would appeal to speedrunners.

Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: April 20, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »

Hope the PS4 patch will not take too long from now... It was meant for the end of last week... I know that Sony makes it difficult and slow to patch but I hope there's not much complications behind this delay...
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic