Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:46:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1421580 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6880 on: April 24, 2017, 01:45:41 AM »

Game is too easy, had only 3 deaths in my last speedrun, I think I'll go for a no-deaths run next  Hand Joystick Smiley

true, we definitely need a hard mode!  Cheesy

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: April 24, 2017, 04:17:35 AM »

Whew, what a month! Keep up the good discussion, we're taking notes Hand Pencil The opinions are kind of sprawling though:
Game is too easy
so getting together a concrete action plan will take some work!

Update 533

Apart from the bug fixes and tweaks, I recently started dipping a toe in new content as well:

The next update won't be mainly a content update I don't think, but we definitely should take the opportunity to throw in a few new things to encounter in the world!
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: April 24, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »

Whew, what a month! Keep up the good discussion, we're taking notes Hand Pencil The opinions are kind of sprawling though:
Game is too easy

Update 533

Apart from the bug fixes and tweaks, I recently started dipping a toe in new content as well:

The next update won't be mainly a content update I don't think, but we definitely should take the opportunity to throw in a few new things to encounter in the world!

If only we had the PS4 patch first...
crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:21 AM »

Game is too easy

Update 533

If only we had the PS4 patch first...

But pc is master race !
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6884 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:53 AM »

WE'VE had the PS4 patch done and submitted for over a week. Its just making its way through QA and Sony's cert process.  Hand Any Key

Lucs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6885 on: April 24, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »

Hey guys! I only played it for around 6 hours but so far I'm loving the game, truly one of the best world I had the chance to explore and I thank you for that.

I just wanted to give you some feedback about issues I've encountered. So far the only issue I had several times is the fact that you can use cicadas to get out of the room and whenever you open the map you're like in a void, nothing appears.

Here some examples of where you can get out (and possibly get stuck) :

I'll give some more feedback later when I progress a bit more in the game, keep up the good work guys.  Smiley
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: April 24, 2017, 10:49:28 AM »

WE'VE had the PS4 patch done and submitted for over a week. Its just making its way through QA and Sony's cert process.  Hand Any Key

Yeah yeah, but I can't waiiiiit  Beg
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: April 24, 2017, 06:04:29 PM »

Is there any way we could get footage of the god squid in its full glory? Like being able to view its full body, not confined to a single screen? I really want to see the whole thing, to get a real idea of its size, it was incredible. The most intense shit.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: April 24, 2017, 09:29:26 PM »

PS4 patch is done and delivered, it's sony that are super rigorous with their cert process ~ but ought to be through soon!

Yup, we're aware it's possible to go off-level here and there, we should probably place some sort of invisible-wall-thing. Thanks for the heads up!

The idea with the echoes is that you won't get a good look at them - keeps it mysterious and your mind fills in the blanks with cooler stuff than I would be able to deliver Smiley
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6889 on: April 25, 2017, 12:35:41 AM »

Yo! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've been reading through this thread from the beginning, and it is very interesting! I actually spent 5 hours one day just reading it. Tongue Thank you for documenting the work on the game so extensively.

So, I've finished my first run of the game and absolutely loved it, so I have begun working towards collecting all of the achievements and completing side quests. But as modding and content creation has always been one of my favorite hobbies, I also recently had an idea for a new campaign which I would like to develop once the tools become available. How feasible would it be for me to be able to run the basic story idea by you to make sure it doesn't conflict with canon?

Finally, @jamesprimate, there's a weird question which I've been dying to ask... I've noticed that while most regions have distinct threat music, there are a couple of areas without it that surprised me (in particular the Drainage System and Shaded Citadel, but also The Exterior and Subterranean). In the latter two areas in particular it seems like the lack of threat music contributes a bit to the spooky (or empty) atmosphere of the locations, but I feel like the other two could have worked either way. Is there any particular reasoning behind this choice?

Thanks again for all the work you've put into this wonderful game!
presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6890 on: April 25, 2017, 04:01:34 AM »

12LandsBoundlessSpace I think the lack of music in dark regions is more so that the player is still adequately able to hear movement and stuff in the dark, hearing threat music while seeing a totally black screen would just get in the way instead of listening for skittering and scuttling.

On the topic of future updates are you guys considering adding any form of a new region or would that be too much work/mess with progression/mess wih other quests  too much for it to be feasible?
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:15 AM »

PS4 patch is done and delivered, it's sony that are super rigorous with their cert process ~ but ought to be through soon!

Yup, we're aware it's possible to go off-level here and there, we should probably place some sort of invisible-wall-thing. Thanks for the heads up!

The idea with the echoes is that you won't get a good look at them - keeps it mysterious and your mind fills in the blanks with cooler stuff than I would be able to deliver Smiley
I'm talking about end game material, the echoes are small enough to fit unto the one screen, but the big mamma jamma at the end is massive, and I just wanted to be able to see its full body, possibly in motion, but either way. Since the moment I saw it, all I can think about is getting a real idea of its size, next to a little slugcat dot.
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: April 25, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »

12LandsBoundlessSpace I think the lack of music in dark regions is more so that the player is still adequately able to hear movement and stuff in the dark, hearing threat music while seeing a totally black screen would just get in the way instead of listening for skittering and scuttling.

On the topic of future updates are you guys considering adding any form of a new region or would that be too much work/mess with progression/mess wih other quests  too much for it to be feasible?
Would love anything to do with new regions or creatures/food, even if it was only a small amount of content. Anything to increase the variety and interaction within the environment/ecosystem.
jctwood
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6893 on: April 25, 2017, 10:00:40 AM »

So happy to hear you are working on content which will keep this thread alive, rain world forever!

Crispy75
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6894 on: April 25, 2017, 02:42:53 PM »

If my project idea works out (and I will begin some tangible work as soon as the level editor becomes available)
Before you get too excited, I'm not sure that they've ever promised to release it...
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6895 on: April 25, 2017, 03:58:03 PM »

If my project idea works out (and I will begin some tangible work as soon as the level editor becomes available)
Before you get too excited, I'm not sure that they've ever promised to release it...

James teased on the Discord that they're probably gonna release it for us since we're doing modding in there now. It needs a copy of Adobe Director though, because of Lingo reasons...   Roll Eyes

Anyway, I have a question for Joar: I noticed in Five Pebbles that when I throw a spear it sends me in the direction of the spear rather than away from it as physics would dictate. I asked some other people and confirmed that this is a universal force -- it even got someone killed in Chimney Canopy. Why is it there? Is it some cheesy workaround thing or is it a deliberate design choice??
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: April 25, 2017, 04:35:19 PM »

Can skypedes get to the overgrown size? And if not, it would be amazing if they could.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: April 25, 2017, 11:27:03 PM »

@12LandsBoundlessSpace, nice name Smiley Thanks for liking the game. I say with mods, don't worry too much about canon - the fun is in making up your own stuff right? That said you're of course welcome to tell what you had in mind. As for twelve new regions... Good luck soldier  Shocked

@jprosk, yup, you going in the direction of the thing you throw is physically incorrect. It... felt right though, to have slugcat sort of lean into the throw.

@Manray, the sky centipedes are always sort of the same size.
kizmarh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: April 26, 2017, 12:39:55 AM »

@JLJac, hey, btw, as the game is out, is there a chance you'll make some updates-from-the-past about how you did certain stuff, now that this won't be that spoilery? I wonder if you kept a private dev log somewhere with all the stuff you've worked on, haha. I loved all the dev talk before the kickstarter and would love to see more of it!
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6899 on: April 26, 2017, 04:26:12 AM »

yup, you going in the direction of the thing you throw is physically incorrect. It... felt right though, to have slugcat sort of lean into the throw.

I am going to make a mod to fix this. >:V
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic