Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:57:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1443618 times)
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6900 on: April 26, 2017, 06:04:34 AM »

@12LandsBoundlessSpace, nice name Smiley Thanks for liking the game. I say with mods, don't worry too much about canon - the fun is in making up your own stuff right? That said you're of course welcome to tell what you had in mind. As for twelve new regions... Good luck soldier  Shocked

@jprosk, yup, you going in the direction of the thing you throw is physically incorrect. It... felt right though, to have slugcat sort of lean into the throw.

@Manray, the sky centipedes are always sort of the same size.

It would be so cool if skypedes could come in the different sizes, I really love their flight animations, and the big ones flying around would look amazing and be terrifying.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:25:01 AM by Manray » Logged
Wolvered
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: April 26, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »

By the way, do all creatures have interactions to each other? Does a vulture hunt lantern mice? Does a daddy long legs eat a vulture? How about miro birds and jet-fishes?
All these questions amount to one in the end: Do all the creatures have interactions between each other?
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: April 26, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »

By the way, do all creatures have interactions to each other? Does a vulture hunt lantern mice? Does a daddy long legs eat a vulture? How about miro birds and jet-fishes?
All these questions amount to one in the end: Do all the creatures have interactions between each other?
Sandbox mode will answer these questions, I eagerly await its arrival.
cartel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: April 26, 2017, 04:52:11 PM »

Check it out, it's a 3D slugcat.

Hope you don't mind the horrible render quality, this was a quickie.

Hm, imagine if rain world was in three dimensions....
Wolvered
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: April 27, 2017, 03:34:23 AM »

Hm, imagine if rain world was in three dimensions....
I once made a dream about being pursued by a vulture. Without the omnipotent viewpoint, we would be powerless and it is terrifying
Lucs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: April 27, 2017, 05:47:57 AM »

Another annoying bug : Daddy long legs makes the game crash sometimes when I throw a spear at it. Happened twice so far.
Sein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: April 27, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »

Hey there Rain world Devs! the name is DeVout (Yes Coincidental I know I had this username for several years now before I thought about game development XD)

I absolutely loved the game. I found the controls to be fairly easy to handle, and I never felt like it was too hard to handle. I even bought it for PC AND PS4. Smiley

Your game actually helped me get inspired enough to finally begin game design. I started learning C# with a friend a week ago about. Right now we're learning Unity to get the hang of it and learning the basics. I was wondering if you guys would give someone like me advice and suggestions on Programming code? One of the particular points I am interested in is AI. And maybe advice on fluid, physics-based Sprites? Drawing a thousand sprite frames would be very daunting, to say the least. XD

and as always I am so happy you guys are continuing development on rainworld Post launch. I hope the drive, inspiration, and thrill of making this game lasts quite some time!

Best way to message me:
PM me for Skype or Telegram!
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6907 on: April 27, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »

@James & @Joar
I'm glad to have supported, met, played, finished and understood (project) rainworld.
I truly loved it, then hated it, despised it, loved it more, needed a break from it, came back to it, loved it again, felt beyond frustration, then understood it, and now... I've seen, mapped every screen and explored every corner of the world you've created. It has a place in my heart.

I'd like to say thank you for this game, this world, this present Smiley it made a difference in my life.

Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: April 28, 2017, 10:47:40 AM »

Is there any problem with the certification of the PS4 patch ?! Are 2 weeks a standard delay ?
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6909 on: April 28, 2017, 11:25:40 AM »

Are 2 weeks a standard delay ?

Yes, it takes a while for patches to get through the certification process unfortunately. Half the reason Overwatch has the PTR is to give Blizzard time to get the patches all verified for console so they can release the patch on every platform simultaneously. I imagine this is a similar case.
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: April 28, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »

Are 2 weeks a standard delay ?

Yes, it takes a while for patches to get through the certification process unfortunately. Half the reason Overwatch has the PTR is to give Blizzard time to get the patches all verified for console so they can release the patch on every platform simultaneously. I imagine this is a similar case.

Thanks for the answer Smiley I wait for the patch to play RW again so I'm quite impatient  Concerned
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: April 29, 2017, 09:44:01 AM »

Are Lizard eggs/babies going to be a thing?
Kakapio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: April 29, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »

Hey there Rain world Devs! the name is DeVout (Yes Coincidental I know I had this username for several years now before I thought about game development XD)

I absolutely loved the game. I found the controls to be fairly easy to handle, and I never felt like it was too hard to handle. I even bought it for PC AND PS4. Smiley

Your game actually helped me get inspired enough to finally begin game design. I started learning C# with a friend a week ago about. Right now we're learning Unity to get the hang of it and learning the basics. I was wondering if you guys would give someone like me advice and suggestions on Programming code? One of the particular points I am interested in is AI. And maybe advice on fluid, physics-based Sprites? Drawing a thousand sprite frames would be very daunting, to say the least. XD

and as always I am so happy you guys are continuing development on rainworld Post launch. I hope the drive, inspiration, and thrill of making this game lasts quite some time!

At your level, the advice will be mostly useless and irrelevant. I've been programming with C# for over 2 years and even with that experience I could never make a game like Rain World.

Make projects and build your portfolio up.

What will you make?

Twitter
Scarlet Tower DevLog
Sein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: April 29, 2017, 02:56:35 PM »

At your level, the advice will be mostly useless and irrelevant. I've been programming with C# for over 2 years and even with that experience I could never make a game like Rain World.

Thats what I will be starting off with, of course. Smiley thanks.

Best way to message me:
Kakapio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: April 29, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »

Thats what I will be starting off with, of course. Smiley thanks.

If you have a Discord, message it to me. I can tutor you a bit if you want.

What will you make?

Twitter
Scarlet Tower DevLog
Sein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6915 on: April 30, 2017, 07:57:33 AM »

If you have a Discord, message it to me. I can tutor you a bit if you want.

I have a friend Im working with. At the moment its more about repetition on the basics until I got those covered. I was mainly looking for the beginning stages of pathfinding. I dont want to clutter their devlogs so I will PM you.

Best way to message me:
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: May 02, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »

I hope that there will still be other slugcats and pups, along with the Lizard eggs and babies.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: May 04, 2017, 02:17:21 AM »

Update 534

Whew, lots of work these day! I'm doing some multiplayer stuff (basically an arena mode) and difficulty modes. The idea for the difficulty modes is that you'll be able to select a slugcat to play as, and they'll come with a few different perks and/or slight variations to the world. For the first update I'm gonna do 3 of them ~ Yellow (easy), White(normal) and Red(hard). White will ofc be just like the current game, whereas the other two have slight variations.

Here's Red carrying an extra spear on its back:

The extra spear goes outside of the two "slots" of the hands, meaning that you can have it simultaneously as carrying two other objects (and potentially a fourth one in your tummy). The spear is stashed and retrieved similarly to how you swallow stuff, but requires a significantly shorter button hold. I think there should perhaps be some more animation to the slugcat's arms when putting/retrieving the spear, will get to that later today.

This is a pretty significant boon to the player, but don't worry, playing as Red will be very very challenging! Red is basically for the action-oriented players, and you'll need that extra spear.

Playing as Yellow on the other hand is going to make your life easier in a bunch of ways compared to White.
crankykong
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: May 04, 2017, 04:03:12 AM »

Update 534

Whew, lots of work these day! I'm doing some multiplayer stuff (basically an arena mode) and difficulty modes. The idea for the difficulty modes is that you'll be able to select a slugcat to play as, and they'll come with a few different perks and/or slight variations to the world. For the first update I'm gonna do 3 of them ~ Yellow (easy), White(normal) and Red(hard). White will ofc be just like the current game, whereas the other two have slight variations.

Here's Red carrying an extra spear on its back:

The extra spear goes outside of the two "slots" of the hands, meaning that you can have it simultaneously as carrying two other objects (and potentially a fourth one in your tummy). The spear is stashed and retrieved similarly to how you swallow stuff, but requires a significantly shorter button hold. I think there should perhaps be some more animation to the slugcat's arms when putting/retrieving the spear, will get to that later today.

This is a pretty significant boon to the player, but don't worry, playing as Red will be very very challenging! Red is basically for the action-oriented players, and you'll need that extra spear.

Playing as Yellow on the other hand is going to make your life easier in a bunch of ways compared to White.

Cant remember that most people wanted a flat out easy mode.
People wanted adjustable settings which they can finetune after their own taste, and change specific elements like the karma mechanic(karmagates stay open after you unlocked them once,..) and the "timelimit through deadly rainfall" mechanic. Making an easy mode , where things are easy the player does not want to be easy and things the player would love to see change, stay the same, does not sound very great!

Ps:But the carrying the spear around on the back is def, a good idea nevertheless.And hardmode sounds also good,even when the discription is a bit vague.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 04:10:36 AM by crankykong » Logged
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: May 04, 2017, 04:42:09 AM »

Cant remember that most people wanted a flat out easy mode.
People wanted adjustable settings which they can finetune after their own taste, and change specific elements like the karma mechanic(karmagates stay open after you unlocked them once,..) and the "timelimit through deadly rainfall" mechanic. Making an easy mode , where things are easy the player does not want to be easy and things the player would love to see change, stay the same, does not sound very great!
I feel like the people who are in desperate need for an easy mode in order to experience the full game are going to prefer just the easy mode instead of a bunch of levers they have to change manually. Adjustable settings might sound like a good idea but in the end it fragments the playerbase and it makes it harder to talk about the game as a whole, thats the reason why games like Dark Souls and Cogmind avoid multiple difficulty settings.
Making the slugcat have different colors depending on difficulty is also a good call because of that.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic