Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:19:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1447120 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7040 on: May 25, 2017, 06:21:59 AM »

Rest in Peace Larynx the Scavenger. Gone but never forgotten:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/312520/discussions/0/1291817208481360253/

Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: May 25, 2017, 05:08:30 PM »

Why don't lantern mice spawn in other regions and eat bats? And why don't squidcada migrate between regions?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 05:35:03 PM by Manray » Logged
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: May 25, 2017, 11:39:46 PM »

RIP Larynx!

So I have a question for @jamesprimate: I really love the soundtrack. Any chance of it being on Spotify in the future? I've bought it, but most of the other music I listen to is there and I'd love to be able to listen more easily without switching back and forth. (And if it is released there, might "Old Growth" be included? Though I sort of like the fact that I'd never heard it until it played in-game, and that probably contributed to its eerie atmosphere, it is easily one of my favorite songs composed for the game.)

Edit: Never mind, question answered! Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:47:30 AM by 12LandsBoundlessSpace » Logged
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: May 26, 2017, 12:45:11 AM »

Any news about the progress of the PS4 patch ? It's been one more week !
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7044 on: May 26, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »

newest version of the patch is tested and ready to go! barring any further nonsense (pleeeease) we expect it to be out on Tues Tongue

MUSIC NEWS!

The Rain World OST is now available on Apple Music, Spotify, iTunes, etc. Black Screen Records is also taking pre-orders for the deluxe vinyl edition, details of which will be announced later this year.

Cop it here on your fav music platform: http://smarturl.it/rainworldost

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7045 on: May 26, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »

That's great ! how about the ones of us that purchased the version that included the OST ?

Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: May 26, 2017, 12:00:11 PM »

newest version of the patch is tested and ready to go! barring any further nonsense (pleeeease) we expect it to be out on Tues Tongue

JEEZ !!  Who, Me?
kennoley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: May 26, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »

MUSIC NEWS!

The Rain World OST is now available on Apple Music, Spotify, iTunes, etc. Black Screen Records is also taking pre-orders for the deluxe vinyl edition, details of which will be announced later this year.

Cop it here on your fav music platform: http://smarturl.it/rainworldost

For real though, you guys have to be the best devs I've ever seen.
Its only May and you guys are already releasing 2 huge updates  Epileptic (in total)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7048 on: May 26, 2017, 03:26:10 PM »

AH! For clarification, I was talking about the PS4 patch! Responding to this:

Any news about the progress of the PS4 patch ? It's been one more week !

And that one just brings the PS4 version to parity with the current PC v1.015, with some huge added PS4-specific stability improvements.

But as soon as that goes out we'll start making official announcements about the timeline for the *new* update for PC! It just seemed wrong for us to be talking about the third update for the PC version before the PS4 even had one go through :/

Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: May 26, 2017, 05:20:28 PM »

Theres only been one PC update though, hasnt there?
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7050 on: May 26, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »

Technically two, one to nerf the game a very slight bit and one to fix a couple of stability issues.

By the way, on an unrelated note, I'm working on an unofficial expansion with a couple of other people (though it's mostly just planning until we either have access to more tools such as the level editor or decide to try to forge our own way). We now have a Discord server, a sort of offshoot of the main one, which you can follow for updates, or even if you want to help with development: https://discord.gg/qS3ZedY
SchriefFighter
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: May 26, 2017, 07:20:34 PM »

Some of my friends have played Rain World and they really liked it.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7052 on: May 26, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »

By the way, on an unrelated note, I'm working on an unofficial expansion with a couple of other people (though it's mostly just planning until we either have access to more tools such as the level editor or decide to try to forge our own way). We now have a Discord server, a sort of offshoot of the main one, which you can follow for updates, or even if you want to help with development: https://discord.gg/qS3ZedY

YO thats very very cool! I wont lie though, im intentionally *not* going to look at anything like that until we've wrapped up our own expansion plans, as i dont want to have that in my head even subconsciously (if that makes sense!)

But once we finish up our plans, we've discussed bringing the rain world level editor to steamworks and letting yall go wild with it. (and by "go wild" i mean "suffer the horrible tedium and instability that we did" lol) No timeline on that of course, but just letting you know that we're keeping yall in mind  Toast Right

12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: May 26, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »

Some of my friends have played Rain World and they really liked it.

You should definitely play it! It's a great game, and I can confidently say that it's one of my favorites of all time.

YO thats very very cool! I wont lie though, im intentionally *not* going to look at anything like that until we've wrapped up our own expansion plans, as i dont want to have that in my head even subconsciously (if that makes sense!)

That makes sense, and that's probably good. Wink Unfortunately it means there's a fair likelihood that our plans will conflict with future canon, but that's understandable given that we started so early and knew that updates are coming.

But once we finish up our plans, we've discussed bringing the rain world level editor to steamworks and letting yall go wild with it. (and by "go wild" i mean "suffer the horrible tedium and instability that we did" lol) No timeline on that of course, but just letting you know that we're keeping yall in mind  Toast Right

Perfect! In the meantime we'll keep working on lots and lots of concept art and story, and look forward to the updates! I already love what I've seen so far.
BravoVictor
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: May 26, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »

How about a postmortem?
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: May 26, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »

So... WTF is Polybius? This is some of the most intense music I've ever heard.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:31:36 PM by 12LandsBoundlessSpace » Logged
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: May 27, 2017, 09:37:52 AM »

Technically two, one to nerf the game a very slight bit and one to fix a couple of stability issues.

All of that was done in a single update...
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: May 27, 2017, 10:02:25 AM »

All of that was done in a single update...
Almost. I believe they were a day or so apart, one being v1.01 and the other 1.015, or the current verison
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: May 27, 2017, 10:11:36 AM »

I guess there was just no announcement/news on steam.
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: May 27, 2017, 12:42:20 PM »

BTW, James, I just saw your interview from PAX East 2014... when he asked about your favorite soundtrack, I was really hoping you were going to say FEZ! That is the one that made me love this "genre" so much, and until I heard your OST, it was without question my favorite soundtrack and one of my favorite albums of all time. I never thought I'd hear any other music written for a game that I'd like even nearly as much as that, and yet, you've done it. I now have to hesitate when asked what my favorite OST is because this one, while very different, is so perfect. Thanks again for writing this wonderful music!
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic