Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411620 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 06:38:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1451554 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7060 on: May 27, 2017, 04:43:17 PM »

ahhh thank you thank you ! thats funny, im actually really good friends with Rich AKA Disasterpeace so for some reason its hard for me to think of my dude who i get weird pizza and watch seinfeld reruns with as being "my favorite soundtrack" or a huge musical influence, but theres no question that he is. to be honest, hes the person who suggested i do game music in the first place! so yeah, huge influence both from Rich's music and as a person. i owe him a ton. cheers to Rich! Toast Right

All of that was done in a single update...
Almost. I believe they were a day or so apart, one being v1.01 and the other 1.015, or the current verison

Yes! 1.01 was the update and 1.015 was to fix the stuff that we broke in 1.01, lol

How about a postmortem?

its not dead yet!!

So... WTF is Polybius? This is some of the most intense music I've ever heard.

Ahh! You are digging deep, haha. That was written early on, intended to be for the first Daddy encounter. Early on we had some vague ideas about Superstructure and the Leg where we'd have rooms seal off and you'd be stuck in them with some monstrosities until figuring out some puzzle or another, so I made some more traditionally scripted extreme horror music to go along with that. But that concept clashed a bit with the general concept of the game, so we quickly abandoned it. Now only remnants such as Polybius remain!

12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: May 27, 2017, 09:49:10 PM »

Wow, that's interesting. Thanks for the detailed response!
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7062 on: May 28, 2017, 07:30:50 AM »

Ahh! You are digging deep, haha. That was written early on, intended to be for the first Daddy encounter. Early on we had some vague ideas about Superstructure and the Leg where we'd have rooms seal off and you'd be stuck in them with some monstrosities until figuring out some puzzle or another, so I made some more traditionally scripted extreme horror music to go along with that. But that concept clashed a bit with the general concept of the game, so we quickly abandoned it. Now only remnants such as Polybius remain!
Interesting.  Do you remember what kind of puzzles were those?  e.g. Find switch/lever to open door.  Or something more complex?

kennoley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: May 29, 2017, 04:30:09 AM »

GAME BREAKING BUG

When playing the Rain World, the game randomly freezes where I and any other creature cant move for no reason (but the "rain timer" keeps going)

This has happened to me countless of times, and it happened 3 times to me today

See Discussion on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/312520/discussions/1/2741975115079713461/

Deity Link
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: May 29, 2017, 06:08:41 AM »

It happenned as well to me yesterday.

Toggling the Pause menu will cause the character's locations to update visually.
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7065 on: May 29, 2017, 06:57:16 AM »

GAME BREAKING BUG

When playing the Rain World, the game randomly freezes where I and any other creature cant move for no reason (but the "rain timer" keeps going)

See Discussion on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/312520/discussions/1/2741975115079713461/

Try starting, closing, then restarting Rain World, I had the same problem in my laptop, this is also a workaround for the bug where the game gets stuck in a white screen.
Its kind of annoying to do that everytime you play but I havent had any crashes or freezes in my last 10 hours of gametime.
kennoley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: May 29, 2017, 08:13:33 AM »

GAME BREAKING BUG

Try starting, closing, then restarting Rain World, I had the same problem in my laptop, this is also a workaround for the bug where the game gets stuck in a white screen.
Its kind of annoying to do that everytime you play but I havent had any crashes or freezes in my last 10 hours of gametime.

I've been closing then restarting Rain World trust me, but it just keeps happening (Total Freezes today:5),
Ill try resetting my PC...

I really hope this is fixed when the new update comes out tomorrow
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: May 29, 2017, 08:40:26 AM »

If you're on PC, then unfortunately there won't be another update for awhile as far as I know. Hopefully the PS4 one is out tomorrow, though.
kennoley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: May 29, 2017, 11:41:04 AM »

If you're on PC, then unfortunately there won't be another update for awhile as far as I know. Hopefully the PS4 one is out tomorrow, though.

Oh... dammit, I thought the dev was talking about a PC update for tomorrow
And I was all hyped up Sad
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: May 29, 2017, 11:54:18 AM »

Yes finally we should have the patch tomorrow on PS4, hope this won't bring the crashing issues you're all talking about.

I'm waiting for it for more than a month!
Deity Link
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: May 29, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »

These freezes also make speedrunning pretty frustrating. Some people pause their runs when it happens, other don't and waste seconds on restarts.
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7071 on: May 29, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »

GAME BREAKING BUG

Interesting! This is a new one. Joar has responded in the steam thread. We'll need some more info to proceed, so if you can give steps to reproduce as well as what your PC specs are (in the steam thread, not here) that would be very helpful for the diagnosis.

The grind continues!

Not necessarily true. We have a big content update planned for the relatively near future, but if there are game breaking bugs that are fixable we can do minor bugfix updates pretty quickly without much fuss. Let's see if we can find it and fix it first though!

presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: May 30, 2017, 09:03:10 AM »

Where is this polybius? I don't see it on the spotify.
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:51 AM »

Where is this polybius? I don't see it on the spotify.
It's in the files, but not included in the official (selections from the) soundtrack. My personal favorite also isn't in there... it's called "Old Growth" and can be heard in-game in the deepest parts of Drainage System. But "Polybius" was scrapped completely.
Sein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: May 30, 2017, 01:38:12 PM »

What I REALLY, REALLY hope for is that the multiplayer has Online multiplayer. I dont have anyone in person to play with and everyone I do play with is Online. would be a real shame to see all the new content for multiplayer and unable to try it out if its local only.

Best way to message me:
PM me for Skype or Telegram!
kennoley
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: May 30, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »

What I REALLY, REALLY hope for is that the multiplayer has Online multiplayer. I dont have anyone in person to play with and everyone I do play with is Online. would be a real shame to see all the new content for multiplayer and unable to try it out if its local only.

Pretty sure the devs are only keeping Rain World local multiplayer only, you could try getting some friends though  Shrug (Not trying to be rude)
Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: May 30, 2017, 03:02:10 PM »

Saw that the patch just came to PS4. 1.01 "general bug fixes". Will give it a try tomorrow and hope that the experience will be better !
Sein
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: May 30, 2017, 05:23:22 PM »

Pretty sure the devs are only keeping Rain World local multiplayer only, you could try getting some friends though  Shrug (Not trying to be rude)

Lol yeah I work full time and The majority of the people who live even remotely close to me dont even speak the same language. XD I always play online with friends.

Best way to message me:
PM me for Skype or Telegram!
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7078 on: May 30, 2017, 10:46:58 PM »

After many long trials and tribulations... the Rain World PS4 v1.01 update is finally live! Details below!

Hello friends and slugcats! We present to you PS4 patch #1: Rain World v1.01

This patch is intended to accommodate some early player feedback and polish assorted rough edges on the various game systems, etc. These were all low-hanging fruit that we think improves the player experience without taking anything away from the concept of the game. Rain World should be an existential experience: unforgiving and even occasionally unfair. But it should be the jaws of a Lizard that gets you or the terrifying Rain, not some ragdoll physics wonk or design oversight!

This patch puts the PS4 version at parity with the current PC v1.015

Gameplay improvements:
* “stuck in holes” fix - disconnected exits will no longer snag you
* subtle backlit slugcat in low visibility swimming situations
* quicker turning around in tunnels
* larger lung capacity while swimming
* nerfed the more intense waterfalls in Shoreline to prevent repeated drownings
* more pearls near Scav tolls in Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Shaded Citadel
* more karma flowers in world
* karma gate requirements on the Shaded Citadel, Drainage System and Underhang side were lowered to prevent players becoming stuck in challenging regions
* food / karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths (helps eliminate stuck / starvation situations at low karma)
* players will now keep map progress between deaths (Id say 99.5% of people asked for this)
* map now features gate karma symbols and shelter icons when locations are discovered
* karma depletion on game exit removed if done within 30 seconds of sleep cycle
* full karma drop on exit bug fixed (that was a brutal one, sheesh!)
* intro cinematic is now skippable
* upon respawn after death, shelter doors cycle through opening animation faster
* many many minor room fixes

Stability improvements:
* Save file corruption fixed
* map loading bug fixed
* gate crashing bug fixed, as well as multiple other rare crashing bugs
* assorted additional stability improvements

Thanks for your patience!!
--RW Devs

Doliprane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: May 30, 2017, 11:16:18 PM »

After many long trials and tribulations... the Rain World PS4 v1.01 update is finally live! Details below!

Hello friends and slugcats! We present to you PS4 patch #1: Rain World v1.01

This patch is intended to accommodate some early player feedback and polish assorted rough edges on the various game systems, etc. These were all low-hanging fruit that we think improves the player experience without taking anything away from the concept of the game. Rain World should be an existential experience: unforgiving and even occasionally unfair. But it should be the jaws of a Lizard that gets you or the terrifying Rain, not some ragdoll physics wonk or design oversight!

This patch puts the PS4 version at parity with the current PC v1.015

Gameplay improvements:
* “stuck in holes” fix - disconnected exits will no longer snag you
* subtle backlit slugcat in low visibility swimming situations
* quicker turning around in tunnels
* larger lung capacity while swimming
* nerfed the more intense waterfalls in Shoreline to prevent repeated drownings
* more pearls near Scav tolls in Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Garbage Wastes
* more food in central Shaded Citadel
* more karma flowers in world
* karma gate requirements on the Shaded Citadel, Drainage System and Underhang side were lowered to prevent players becoming stuck in challenging regions
* food / karma flowers regeneration now ticks forward on deaths (helps eliminate stuck / starvation situations at low karma)
* players will now keep map progress between deaths (Id say 99.5% of people asked for this)
* map now features gate karma symbols and shelter icons when locations are discovered
* karma depletion on game exit removed if done within 30 seconds of sleep cycle
* full karma drop on exit bug fixed (that was a brutal one, sheesh!)
* intro cinematic is now skippable
* upon respawn after death, shelter doors cycle through opening animation faster
* many many minor room fixes

Stability improvements:
* Save file corruption fixed
* map loading bug fixed
* gate crashing bug fixed, as well as multiple other rare crashing bugs
* assorted additional stability improvements

Thanks for your patience!!
--RW Devs

Saw that yesterday ! Thanks !
Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 367
Print
Jump to: