Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 01:24:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1446024 times)
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7180 on: June 29, 2017, 02:05:29 PM »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rain-world/project-rain-world/posts/1925219

Looking good! What is that swarm plant thing though  Cry its unsettling as hell
Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: June 30, 2017, 05:05:35 AM »

Looks cool. Although I kinda expected some more stuff for the Monk. Hunter gets two new mechanics, while Monk gets minus one. Maybe some subtle platforming help? Something that doesn't directly give him more possibilities, but makes existing abilities a bit faster and easier to pull off. For instance, sliding in the tunnels could have no slowdown at the end.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:13:39 AM by Teod » Logged
ventuswings
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: June 30, 2017, 05:28:07 AM »

Oh, multiplayer isn't local? That'd be amazing.
kizmarh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: June 30, 2017, 06:38:49 AM »

I think they'd just forgot to mention its local, I remember they have always said that it would be only local. I guess there is a slight chance it wouldn't be just local, but I doubt it.

Also: I wonder when could we expect the Mac OS version?
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: June 30, 2017, 08:58:48 AM »

This update looks great. I already know what I'll be doing the days after it's out, streaming full runs of all three modes in a row. And I think arena mode might be enough to finally convince my friends to get this game. Very nice!
DuX1112
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7185 on: June 30, 2017, 12:33:07 PM »

Hello! I have a game-breaking bug to report, and after a lot of looking around for fixes (and trying MANY to no avail) I was directed by the Discord community to make light of the issue here. Namely, THE GAME WON'T EVEN RUN. All I get is an unresponsive blue screen. (See screenshot below).

Things I tried which DIDN'T work:

1) Verified integrity of game files (several times, including deletions)
2) Reinstall (with restarts in-between)
3) Downloading a Save file
4) Trying a fix for skipping home screen
5) Trying several reboots
6) Leaving the game window for hours (right now, it's been a blank blue for almost 2 hours)
7) Disabling the sound card
8 ) Disabling the Microsoft Gaming Center in Settings (a Windows game bar was appearing, I turned it off)
9) Replacing the Assembly-CSharp.dll and editing the setup.txt
10) Deleting the RainWorld_Data folder and letting the game redownload it

I have NO save files in the appropriate folder as well. Because the game doesn't even start. I've seen no animation, no title screen, no menu, heard no music... clicking or typing has no effect whatsoever.

So, my last hope, to bring this to you? What could be causing the issue? A friend suggested it might be the Microsoft Game Libraries, but upon consideration we found this unlikely because Windows detected the game and initially, a pop-up message would appear ("Press ___ to activate game bar").

Sigh. ANY IDEAS would be very helpful! Smiley Apologies for any inconvenience...

My configuration: Windows 10 64 bit, i7 4860HQ @ 2.40GHz, 16GB ram, nVidia 980m (ASUS ROG gaming laptop)

SCREENSHOT: http://i.imgur.com/5FNH4VN.png
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 12:43:06 PM by DuX1112 » Logged
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7186 on: June 30, 2017, 04:15:33 PM »

huh! thats one ive never seen before. Joar, our programmer, is on vacation but I can have him take a look when he gets back.

DuX1112
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: June 30, 2017, 04:54:14 PM »

That would be great! And not a problem really cause I'm leaving on a vacation tomorrow as well, so I won't be able to test anything for 2 weeks or so. By the way, I found at least one or 2 more cases of this (search "blue screen" in the Steam discussions). One person said downloading the Save helped him, but he already had a save, so probably it's a different issue. Didn't work for me.

I'll be checking for new info here, and if anyone has ideas I'd be very grateful! I really wanted to play this game, it seems so lovely and challenging, and I decided to forego the ability to refund. So I really hope we find a solution. Sad

Thanks, and have a good one!
WiremanC3
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: July 04, 2017, 11:44:53 AM »

I'm a huge fan of Rainworld. I bought it when you released on Steam and have already sunk well over 100 hours into and plan on tripling that at least. I'm also so full of free time it's crazy. If you guys ever want a free QA guy hit me up.
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: July 04, 2017, 01:09:07 PM »

I'm a huge fan of Rainworld. I bought it when you released on Steam and have already sunk well over 100 hours into and plan on tripling that at least. I'm also so full of free time it's crazy. If you guys ever want a free QA guy hit me up.
I second this. Wink
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7190 on: July 04, 2017, 07:09:33 PM »

I second this. Wink
but we need you hard at work on EE!
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: July 05, 2017, 12:30:13 AM »

I second this. Wink
but we need you hard at work on EE!
Ha ha, I don't need to sleep!

So, question. (SPOILER WARNING)
How did you come up with the names for Iterators?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:04:37 PM by 12LandsBoundlessSpace » Logged
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7192 on: July 05, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »

hahaha thanks friends! there will definitely be opportunities for beta testing coming up, so ill probably be taking you up on the offers!

WiremanC3
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: July 07, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »

Just let me know and I can give you any information you need. I have Rain World on two different computers with vastly different specs so I can test on both.
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7194 on: July 07, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »

As pne of the first people in the community to map everything in Rain World - please list me up for the beta testing as well :D .

Deity Link
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: July 07, 2017, 02:37:40 PM »

Calm down people, I'm sure they'll make an announcement when they've reached the point where they need testers ^^
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: July 08, 2017, 08:37:41 PM »

JLJac... so this was your project! I remember this thread. I remember being concerned it was a little too ambitious. I remember it being beautiful, too. But my god, you made it.

It always looked incredible, but I recently picked it up and it is incredible. This wonderful ecosystem, bizarre interactions. It feels alive, truly. Rewards experimental play and messing around better than most games I've seen. I think I recently befriended a crocodile somehow? And the rain! You captured the feeling of being tucked away, safe, whilst the sky pours down around you.

Always nice to see an old project come together. It's brilliant.

Coffee

And now, back into TIGS hibernation.
Scrungus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: July 10, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »

Is there any word on if any progress has been made in fixing the dreaded grey screen issue?
12LandsBoundlessSpace
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: July 10, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »

A couple of us have been wondering, since the yellow and red slugcats now have names, is there an official name for the white slugcat?
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7199 on: July 10, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »

good question! they arent names at all really, but more describing the journey taken by each? the path of the original slugcat we follow was that of the survivor (its the default passage taken), so if it must have a designation then "The Survivor" would definitely be it!

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic