Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1314884 Posts in 58943 Topics- by 50062 Members - Latest Member: Imperial

September 22, 2017, 06:00:14 pm

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363]
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 777542 times)
KolorPikker
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #7240 on: September 07, 2017, 08:58:18 am »

I'd like to imagine they're having their well-deserved vacation in Monaco or Cyprus, riding around in a Ferrari with some hot babes in tow, get all tanned and sweaty under the Mediterranean sun.
At least the Rain World community is hard at work, and I'm impressed at the dedication, it seems like a lot of people are working on all kinds of stuff like mods, expansions, and artwork, myself included.
Dinomaniak
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7241 on: September 07, 2017, 01:14:33 pm »

@SkullPixel - well that's downright rude.
They worked for 6 years on this, they poured their soul out and they're preparing a content oriented free new version release.

I believe it's most certainly alright for them to be taking 6 months to relax. From my perspective, I think they'd be buying a mansion somewhere in Transilvania and planning an Undead-Vampire-Slugcat game expansion and painting the walls with their game design concepts :D .

Our comics website :
Comic Devs
jamesprimate
Level 10

stealth ferret platformer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7242 on: September 07, 2017, 05:39:19 pm »

Ahaha thanks all, both for the roasts and the boosts  Cheesy

Update is still going, and going well actually! It just takes a while since now everybody is working on other projects, as well as, you know, life, etc etc. (3 years of crunch is plenty, believe me!) But...we actually have a new hard deadline coming up soon though, so you will be seeing all manner of new things in the very near future.

I actually didnt realize this thread was still poppin (just assumed questions and such would have migrated to the steam forums or twitter, etc etc), so Ill try to stop by here more often!

jamesprimate
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7243 on: September 08, 2017, 02:05:40 am »

actually, since were here...

presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #7244 on: September 08, 2017, 06:18:33 am »

Woah! Bluecat spotted!
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7245 on: September 08, 2017, 09:15:57 am »

That is some sexy UI :D
SkullPixel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: September 09, 2017, 07:37:52 am »

Well, the question about being eaten seemed fine in my head, as being eaten is a major theme of Rain World (at least in my experience). No roast intended. Love the game.  Smiley

Deity Link
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #7247 on: September 10, 2017, 11:58:41 pm »

aw yiss
WolfboxW
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: September 11, 2017, 07:32:47 pm »

MrToasty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:55 pm »

So are all the arenas going to be open to play from the start?  I was thinking it would be awesome to have to unlock new arenas (0g or dark or water) by at least traveling to those places ingame.  Maybe you would also have to unlock the creatures in sandbox mode via killing them ingame.
jamesprimate
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7250 on: September 14, 2017, 07:17:55 am »

I was thinking it would be awesome to have to unlock new arenas (0g or dark or water) by at least traveling to those places ingame.  Maybe you would also have to unlock the creatures in sandbox mode via killing them ingame.

we'll post more details soon, but its pretty much as you describe.

MrToasty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: September 15, 2017, 07:17:27 pm »

Awesome!  Can't wait!
Dead_Eye
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: September 18, 2017, 06:19:02 pm »

How close are we to the update now, (or a general date) because its looking pretty close but I do know that just because it looks that way it might not be Shrug.
I am just really excited to share this amazing experience with my friends.
 Hand Any Key Lips Sealed Hand Joystick     Hand Any Key Screamy Hand Joystick      Hand Any Key Cheesy Hand Joystick    Facepalm
Teod
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: September 19, 2017, 01:20:29 pm »

I was thinking it would be awesome to have to unlock new arenas (0g or dark or water) by at least traveling to those places ingame.  Maybe you would also have to unlock the creatures in sandbox mode via killing them ingame.
Honestly, I think this is not the best way to do it. Multiplayer and singleplayer Rain World have different stakes and different pacing - they're almost two different games. And they fit two different audiences. By hiding multiplayer features behind singleplayer progression you would limit the enjoyment of people who would enjoy it the most. I think there should be an option to unlock all of the multiplayer stuff from the multiplayer itself, or people will just download everything-unlocked savefiles.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: September 19, 2017, 02:17:41 pm »

As a rule of thumb, the only time to lock multiplayer stuff behind singleplayer progression is when the latter is merely a glorified tutorial for the former.

Which doesn't apply to rain world, I think Tongue
jamesprimate
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7255 on: September 20, 2017, 05:08:34 am »

How close are we to the update now, (or a general date) because its looking pretty close but I do know that just because it looks that way it might not be Shrug.
I am just really excited to share this amazing experience with my friends.
 Hand Any Key Lips Sealed Hand Joystick     Hand Any Key Screamy Hand Joystick      Hand Any Key Cheesy Hand Joystick    Facepalm

good question! we are nearing the end of the development aspect of it, with just a bit of art, testing and smoothing out the new "difficulty modes" yet to go. But an issue is that now Rain World is in 7 different languages, so there might be some time with localization before we can blast it out to steam. Fingers crossed though!

Honestly, I think this is not the best way to do it. Multiplayer and singleplayer Rain World have different stakes and different pacing - they're almost two different games. And they fit two different audiences. By hiding multiplayer features behind singleplayer progression you would limit the enjoyment of people who would enjoy it the most. I think there should be an option to unlock all of the multiplayer stuff from the multiplayer itself, or people will just download everything-unlocked savefiles.

definitely a valid point, though we have our reasons (which imo will be pretty cool once they are discovered). i think with the sheer volume of multiplayer stuff were including, as well as the fact that it can all be unlocked in any difficulty mode, should be enough to mitigate any off-putting feelings on this. there will be a ton of playability just from the start, and honestly i think it would be pretty overwhelming if everything was included from the beginning.

Hammershaft
Level 0

View Profile Email
« Reply #7256 on: September 21, 2017, 11:51:19 am »

good question! we are nearing the end of the development aspect of it, with just a bit of art, testing and smoothing out the new "difficulty modes" yet to go. But an issue is that now Rain World is in 7 different languages, so there might be some time with localization before we can blast it out to steam. Fingers crossed though!

Haha can you provide a rough ballpark estimate? I'm trying to decide whether I lost my save and I'm wondering if I should restart soon or wait until the update to start a new game as the hunter.
ScarlettScarf
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: September 21, 2017, 12:53:06 pm »

Okay, so I have a question. I adore this beautiful game, and my favorite aspect of the game play is the combat bit. When it comes to Noodleflies, can the babies be picked up/kidnapped? And if so, can they be raised? I'm basically asking if you can tame these majestic creatures. I feel as if they would be a valuable asset to my team of twin blue lizards... Evil Cheesy

Another question: are there any plans for merch outside of plushies? Like t-shirts, stickers, backpacks, etc. I would definitely purchase some!  Kiss
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic