Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:31:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject Rain World
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 367
Print
Author Topic: Project Rain World  (Read 1447235 times)
Finbonne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7260 on: October 29, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »

Im sososososososo excited.  Its gunna be really cool just to mess around with my buds in a one screen room and see how long we can last against the terrifying creatures of this game.  And having a reason to go back to the single player to see all the new stuff will be more crazy fun.
linger
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7261 on: November 02, 2017, 06:59:20 AM »

So I just started playing this, with a few hours into my save. Once the update is out, can I continue on that save with the updated version? Or would I have to start all over? Thanks.
MrToasty
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7262 on: November 02, 2017, 08:29:45 AM »

From what I've heard, the devs having been working to make old saves compatible.  So yes, you should be able to keep going on that one.
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7263 on: November 03, 2017, 12:42:12 AM »

I've shared saves from every shelter in rainworld with Joar, as he was working for later backwards version save compatibility, and outside of being extremely nice Smiley , he was working on it, so I'm pretty sure it will be working.

fall_ark
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7264 on: November 05, 2017, 09:48:15 PM »

Any news on the localization front?

Chinese localizer and influencer. Translated Dead Cells, Slay the Spire, The Count Lucanor, Katana Zero, Dicey Dungeons, and involved in the localization of Reigns, The Curious Expedition, Desktop Dungeons, etc.
If you have questions about Chinese loc and publishing etc., find me at Twitter @SoM_lo
Kuroi_mato_o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7265 on: November 08, 2017, 04:54:18 PM »

Hey, guys, can I ask? Is multiplayer gonna be PvP arena only or co-op too? Also it will be local only multiplayer or not?
ScarlettScarf
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7266 on: November 09, 2017, 03:58:17 AM »

Hey, guys, can I ask? Is multiplayer gonna be PvP arena only or co-op too? Also it will be local only multiplayer or not?

I believe they've already said that co-op will not be in this patch, but is planned for the next.
Kuroi_mato_o
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7267 on: November 09, 2017, 06:25:47 AM »

Thanks for the answer. Just don't have enough time for reading through 360 pages sadly. By the way that's pretty sweet, can't wait to play co-op! (If it's not local only tho, don't have friends nearby hehe).
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7268 on: November 09, 2017, 01:15:30 PM »

Just wanted to mention - Joar, if you ever have a run at online multiplayer, you could consider this https://discordapp.com/rich-presence
Manray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7269 on: November 18, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »

When is this update coming....
Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7270 on: November 20, 2017, 08:51:39 PM »

Looks pretty neat!  Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Left I hope you'll get better music....  WTF

presidenthobbes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7271 on: November 21, 2017, 08:24:09 AM »

Looks pretty neat!  Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Left I hope you'll get better music....  WTF
Better music? I'm going to respectfully disagree, I thought the music was pretty darn good
krameraad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7272 on: November 21, 2017, 09:42:19 AM »

Update 429

If performance permits I can imagine rain at this intensity come and go a bit during normal play, it could even look pretty good with the sunlight out. But it's an entire new grab pass, so idk, I'll see if that works.

Hey! You guys have an awesome game right there, super hyped for the new update.
But I also had a few questions, as I was reading through the devlog and saw some neat ideas that didn't make it into the final game.
You mentioned (non-lethal) rain could sometimes appear before the cycle ends. Any chance that feature might make it back? Could be a cool effect, for atmosphere and that foreboding feel  Smiley.

Secondly, I believe there was some talk about unique creature encounters, that would serve as a surprise and served a similar role to a boss in more typical games. For example, a blue lizard capable of climbing walls, but as big and strong as a green lizard.

What happened to the red lizard actually? I thought that would be a really fun encounter as I've seen some footage of it on youtube but I never came across one, over the course of multiple playthroughs. Maybe change a room or two to a setpiece encounter with the thing? Maybe have him act like the scavenger killsquads where they know the room you're in and follow you around the region. Just some ideas to keep people on their toes, but I think you could do a lot more with such an awesome creature than having it never appear Tongue.
At least if the normal mode keeps them as rare as they are now, please tell us if they become more common in the red slugcat ecosystem?
Something tells me they're won't be so threatening when compared to some of the creatures in the expansion (most of which haven't even been shown yet!)... Concerned
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7273 on: November 21, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »

What happened to the red lizard actually? I thought that would be a really fun encounter as I've seen some footage of it on youtube but I never came across one, over the course of multiple playthroughs. Maybe change a room or two to a setpiece encounter with the thing? Maybe have him act like the scavenger killsquads where they know the room you're in and follow you around the region. Just some ideas to keep people on their toes, but I think you could do a lot more with such an awesome creature than having it never appear Tongue.
At least if the normal mode keeps them as rare as they are now, please tell us if they become more common in the red slugcat ecosystem?
Something tells me they're won't be so threatening when compared to some of the creatures in the expansion (most of which haven't even been shown yet!)... Concerned

The red lizard can be found in normal gameplay. I personally haven't seen it, but from what I hear you might have some luck if you do some story progression then go back to outskirts and kill lizards for a bunch of cycles.
Dead_Eye
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7274 on: November 21, 2017, 11:06:18 PM »

Hey there. I response to that red lizard talk, red lizards aren't really encounters from my experience/knowledge. They are basically big bully lizards that if enough lizards are killed (maybe 50?) you will summon it. Also, about killing creatures in general: killing a creature opens up a spot for a new creature to come in weather it is a more difficult one or same. So say your a bully in outskirts and killing everything in sight, the ecosystem will react and slowly you might notice changes. For example you may start seeing blue lizards in outskirts maybe even seaweed plants. Anyway I hope that may have clarified a bit better about what you were saying. Stay blood thirsty! Evil

PS, if you are bad at the game the game lets up on you a bit and if your good at the game (killing things, Surviving Cycles) it will only get harder.
jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7275 on: November 22, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »

Hey there. I response to that red lizard talk, red lizards aren't really encounters from my experience/knowledge. They are basically big bully lizards that if enough lizards are killed (maybe 50?) you will summon it. Also, about killing creatures in general: killing a creature opens up a spot for a new creature to come in weather it is a more difficult one or same. So say your a bully in outskirts and killing everything in sight, the ecosystem will react and slowly you might notice changes. For example you may start seeing blue lizards in outskirts maybe even seaweed plants. Anyway I hope that may have clarified a bit better about what you were saying. Stay blood thirsty! Evil

PS, if you are bad at the game the game lets up on you a bit and if your good at the game (killing things, Surviving Cycles) it will only get harder.

Fun fact with regards to this: if you killed things for an absurdly long time you could eventually kill off all the lineages and completely empty a region of enemies.
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7276 on: November 22, 2017, 01:39:18 AM »

@jprosk I dare say - that's not right.
When you grab a moment, feel free to research onto the matter.
https://rainworld.gamepedia.com/Lineage_System

jprosk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7277 on: November 22, 2017, 03:19:49 AM »

@jprosk I dare say - that's not right.
When you grab a moment, feel free to research onto the matter.
https://rainworld.gamepedia.com/Lineage_System

My bad. I've dug around in the code for that stuff but I've never really thought very hard about the actual implications. For some reason I thought that got triggered on a creature death and "None" meant that the family tree would just get permanently cut.
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: November 29, 2017, 02:36:46 PM »

Update beta now open on steam!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/312520/discussions/0/1489992713689642877

Check it check it check it!
Finbonne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7279 on: November 30, 2017, 08:40:19 AM »

Update beta now open on steam!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/312520/discussions/0/1489992713689642877

Check it check it check it!

This update is amazing!!!! An incredible amount of new content and playing in the arena witht my friends is soo fun. 
Having to go through he game an explore to find the creature tokens works perfectly.  Gives me incentive to go explore all this new content while unlocking creatures maps and items for the arena. 
Great work guys.  The wait payed off once again
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 367
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic