Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:26:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSplatter - Blood Red Edition - Now also Linux & OSX
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Splatter - Blood Red Edition - Now also Linux & OSX  (Read 18188 times)
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »

Add gamma option, problem solved.

Yeah, it's probably really that simple. Except maybe for the unused range of values and the subsequent precision loss, but definitely easier than tweaking all light sources in all levels.

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
TGGC
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 10:13:50 AM »

I made a short gameplay video of Splatter, so you can have a closer look:
(sry, german language)
Sealunar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 01:28:03 PM »

It looks quite good and polished. The music however is muddy and distorted. Is that from the game?

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2013, 01:15:02 AM »

Thanks! Nope, the music is from an unknown artist called et_ - http://et-official.com/ - I especially loved this one song and I intended to use it for the credits, but now it slowly gets on my nerves :-) Maybe nag my sound expert once again.

[Edit] In case you're talking about the song in the trailers. The music in TGGCs gameplay video is in game.

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 11:03:37 AM »

We're really close to Release now. And in that stage of development I notice again and again how much fun it is to actually complete a game. Maybe I'm just strange, but I love to tackle endless lists of 5min details. It feels like now, after two years of development, the game is finally coming together.

The only problem is: you can't really make screenshots or videos from the progress, because it's all just little details. Maybe one thing is worth showing: the cutscenes between the levels are being done at the moment. And I love the noir-ish graphics style. It'll look like this:

(Click for full size)

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 05:01:48 AM »

Any chance I could test it before release?
thecodejunkie
Level 0

Making games since 199X.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 07:56:25 AM »

This looks very good. Reminds me of Hotline Miami!

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »

Sorry, Udderdude, I somehow missed your response. Hopefully I've all the cutscenes ready in about a week. I'd love to have a native english speaker such as you testing it thoroughly. I'll send you a message when it's ready.

@thecodejunkie: Thanks!  Beer!

ZDeveloper
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2013, 05:34:31 AM »

I like this project and I looking forward to play it. And I hope the release is in the near future. Smiley

I am co-founder of z-software, small indie gamedevelopment studio located in Germany.

Our games:
History in Letters - The Eternal Alchemist (http://z-software.net/site/history-in-letters-the-eternal-alchemist/)
Solar Struggle (www.solarstruggle.com)
Fruitbash (www.fruitbash.com)
Rush on Rome
devi ever
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 05:59:32 AM »

This looks absolutely incredible.  At first I wasn't sure if I was a fan of the art style, but seeing it in motion, looks fantastic.  Gomez
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »

Thanks! We're indeed really close to release now. I integrated sounds for the new monsters and all vehicles, I fixed a few bugs in savegames, and I revamped the first few cutscenes between story levels. Still need to do the remaining cutscenes, make the GUI layouter adapt the font size to the resolution, and quite some minor points. Phew...  Hand Any Key

heisenbergman
Level 2

LoGaP

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 01:28:58 AM »

I've only been only able to browse the screenshots since everything else is blocked here at work... but this looks incredibly cool.
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 02:09:23 AM »

Thank you!

On a side note: I found another excuse to push off the release even further. I don't want my Release news to drown in E3 news. So I'll probably aim for beginning of next week.

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2013, 02:33:57 AM »

If all goes right, Release is tomorrow. Wednesday. Epileptic I'm in some sort of panic state by now, trying to deal with a million little details at once, haunted by the fear of missing a critical issue. There isn't much to talk about, though - polishing rarely yields a great coder story to share.

We used halve an hour of last Sunday to take some photos. I got the face photos for the credits, we now have a "Thank you" photo for the post-purchase page, and we took some team photos. Just in case you ever wondered how I'd look: that's us. Right is Michael, the friend doing all the graphics, web design, online shop and all that. Left is me, Thomas, tasked with programming, design, marketing and everything leftover.

I also wanted to send a Cheers to my sound expert, Sven Gerlach (http://www.svengerlach.de). He has a new website up, and he's a really friendly chap. He did great sound fx and music for Splatter, and all that on a very tight budget.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 04:22:37 AM »

Yay :3
heisenbergman
Level 2

LoGaP

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 06:51:00 AM »

Where will this be released? And for how much?
Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »

Good questions. I really forgot about these.

Splatter will be sold at the online shop at splattergame.net, but the shop is not public at the moment. The game will be priced at 10€, which translates to roughly US$ 13 at the current exchange rate. PayPal does the conversion so you'll get the most current exchange rate anyways.

We'll then release on Desura (if they accept us, I haven't asked yet), we'll put up a Steam Greenlight page then, and we'll talk to other distribution platforms.

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 05:34:28 AM »

Release!  Cheesy Waaagh! Like, really. You can now go to http://www.splattergame.net and buy the game for 10€, which translates to roughly $13. Get it while it's a download.

The start had been a bumpy road. For example the Wordpress plugin interrupted the downloads after some random time so only people with a excellent internet connection could download the game wholly after purchasing it. Bad vibes, and rightfully so - it's a whole new level of relations when money is involved. There has also been a show-stopping bug that I introduced the night before release, and I didn't noticed it because I didn't had the time to completely play the 4+ hours of storyline once again. Luckily I started announcing in a small'n'friendly local developer forum, so only a few buyers were affected. Now everything is fixed and stable, and people start reporting the fun moments instead of bugs.

Now that the Release is done, I'll start knocking on everyone's door. I already contacted Desura for a Release there, I'm in contact with GoodOldGames, and I'm currently doing the Greenlight page. And there's a few hundred of institutions I need to blind-date. There's no way around this, I fear. Your game ain't worth shit if nobody knows about it.

I'll also update the initial post, and I'll leave some new images for your consumption. You know... posts with images lead to 23% increase in fucks given, according to some presentation on the net. Click for full size.

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 01:34:10 PM »

And now we're also on Steam Greenlight. It's pretty compulsory for every IndieDev, I guess.

Hand Point Right http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154177789

If you want to see Splatter on Steam, please consider voting for us. I appreciate any support.

Schrompf
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:33 AM »

Our new'n'shiny

is online. USA inhabitants beware: occasional strong language. European inhabitants beware: blood & gore.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 03:33:07 AM by Schrompf » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic