Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 04:44:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club: La Mulana
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club: La Mulana  (Read 19254 times)
PaleFox
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »

If I remember correctly, the pot next to the store with the save cart has 10 coins in it, which is exactly how much the cart costs.

A lot of areas will have pots that correspond to what you'll need.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 08:28:46 AM »

FINALLY I GOT TO LA MULANA. THE ADVENTURE STARTS HERE!
IzzyReggie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 09:12:56 AM »

If I remember correctly, the pot next to the store with the save cart has 10 coins in it, which is exactly how much the cart costs.

A lot of areas will have pots that correspond to what you'll need.
At least one of the pots on the Surface should contain all the coins you need to buy the Game Master ROM. If you're having trouble doing that, you just need to practice the timing needed for the whip.

Oh wow. The manual says the 10x Cartridge is what saves the game. I avoided buying the Game Master entirely because I wanted to buy the game saving ROM...

And now, after playing the game for 30 seconds, I have saved for the very first time.  Embarrassed

Twitter: @fistpuncher (no relation to the game)
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 10:14:53 AM »

if you save+load, the pots with 10 coins reset and you can grab them again

This is not happening actually

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »

yeah, the coins do not respawn. you can only "grind" them by killing dudes

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
PaleFox
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2012, 12:46:24 PM »

No. All the pots IN THE RUINS respawn.

It's just the pots on the surface (and the rare 100 or 200 coin pots you find through puzzles) that don't.

Guidance Gate alone has 100 coins in pots that respawn every time you load.
iffi
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »

After a while if you keep saving while running around aimlessly trying to figure out stuff you actually end up with way more shurikens, coins, etc. than you need.
rdein
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2012, 02:39:22 PM »

i stand by what i said before: load your game and most posts do reload their contents

the exception might be surface, as pointed by crowe... i guess

EDIT: got the throwable knife from Giants area, and opened Inferno Cave...

now what? i don't remember how to get the helmet (i think you need to buy it?)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:47:28 PM by RABBIT NABOKOV » Logged
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »

I'd say more of what I've been doing, but I don't know how to do the spoiler thing on this that hides what you're writing. How?

(glow=black,2,300)Insert spoiler here.(/glow)

But obviously, use real formatting brackets.

paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2012, 06:45:17 AM »

Okay, I pretty much solved all the puzzles of area 2, but I can't figure out how to kill the boss yet. I think it has something to do with when he shoots his arm out at me, but I'm not sure. Maybe I just don't have the proper weapon yet.

I'm gonna go explore some other areas first

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »

You're on the right track

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
iffi
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 02:21:28 PM »

Yes, you're on the right track. I think you can beat him with just the whip, though it's much easier with the knife.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »

I can't seem to solve any of the damn puzzles in the Guardian Gate and it makes me feel incredibly dim, but I'm still having fun.

AUST
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2012, 06:49:22 AM »

Yes, you're on the right track. I think you can beat him with just the whip, though it's much easier with the knife.

Okay, i have what i need then. i'll give it another go next time i turn on the game

PaleFox
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2012, 06:59:33 AM »

I'm stuck on two separate bosses; just can't seem to beat them Facepalm but I'm pretty sure I can't progress until I finish off at least one of them, so I'm pretty stuck at the moment.

Paste, that boss is one of the harder ones in the early game; I wound up finishing him third or fourth rather than second because he's just a pain.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2012, 01:11:47 AM »

Are dudes and dudettes still playing this? Because no one's discussing... Maybe there are too many spoilers for people to share their adventures, but here's where I am right now:

Got about 16 items in my Item window, not including the whip or the sub-weapons (of which i have 6!)

Got 21 carts/disks for my MSX, although i haven't found a use for most of them

Beat 4 bosses: the big snake, the giant, the mine cart boss, and Algol

Got 5 life jewels!

And (at least partially) explored about 7 Fields.

Wrote down about 4 pages worth of notes, including mapping out the first six rooms of the Field that has the ladders that take you to different rooms. I'm actually enjoying writing down the stuff, even though I don't remember ever doing it with any other game I've played.

My main problem right now is that I wasted all my flares which I need in order to explore that dark area. Oh crap, i just realized i can light those candles that are out in the guidance gate! Maybe that'll lead to something...

Also, I gotta figure out why there are little squiggly rainbow worms in the pyramid

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:31 AM »

I am still getting around to playing. I just have a WHOLE LOT on my plate all of a sudden, so I'm likely to continue my play/discussion of the game on Wednesday. There's just a lot of real life getting in my way lately.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:06 AM »

Writing notes is a huge part of the game.

Why not scan your notes and post them for others to read? That may help catch up the laggards.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2012, 06:21:10 AM »

I'm still stuck in the Guidance Gate. Solved every puzzle I could, been everywhere, collected enough cash to get the MSX2. I've found what is unmistakably a boss room, but nothing happens in it.

AUST
Terrorbuns
Level 4

Bluh bluh.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2012, 08:16:44 AM »

Also, I gotta figure out why there are little squiggly rainbow worms in the pyramid

If I remember correctly, they're part of a later puzzle involving a female doll, you use them to get it pregnant.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic