Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:31:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club: La Mulana
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club: La Mulana  (Read 19234 times)
iffi
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »

Also, I gotta figure out why there are little squiggly rainbow worms in the pyramid

If I remember correctly, they're part of a later puzzle involving a female doll, you use them to get it pregnant.
That is correct. You don't get to do that until pretty late in the game, though.

I'm still stuck in the Guidance Gate. Solved every puzzle I could, been everywhere, collected enough cash to get the MSX2. I've found what is unmistakably a boss room, but nothing happens in it.
You probably missed something if you can't do anything in the boss room. Have you found the Ankh Jewel in the area? Does the boss room contain the Ankh?
leonelc29
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »

Just notice this thread and decided to replay this, don't know if i'm too late or what. Replay this time in hope that i can beat that boss in the 2nd area!
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:53 AM »

You probably missed something if you can't do anything in the boss room. Have you found the Ankh Jewel in the area? Does the boss room contain the Ankh?

Think so. Green?

No.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
leonelc29
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2012, 06:56:51 AM »

just beat the first boss. i think there's still a fragment of memory still knowing how to find all those stuff...

Think so. Green?

No.
clue: Sword and Armor.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2012, 07:25:50 AM »

Writing notes is a huge part of the game.

Why not scan your notes and post them for others to read? That may help catch up the laggards.

I would, but I don't have easy access to a scanner right now. Also, they're very messy and somewhat unorganized. Also, some spoilers and mixed in are personal notes that wouldn't make sense to anyone

Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »

just beat the first boss. i think there's still a fragment of memory still knowing how to find all those stuff...

Think so. Green?

No.

Did that. It unlocked switch. Switch did nothing anywhere that I can discern.

AUST
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2012, 12:23:08 PM »

Get used to that. About half the puzzles I've solved show no difference in the room in which they're solved. Usually there's some clue on a headstone (is that what those are?) about what you did that says what effect it had or will have.

iffi
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »

Think so. Green?

No.

I think it makes a pedestal appear in a certain room (it's one of the ones with an entrance to another field), where you can put a weight to reveal the Ankh Jewel. I do remember one tablet giving a clue of what room you can find it in, but as far as I remember it doesn't say anything about how to actually make it appear.
leonelc29
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »

I think it makes a pedestal appear in a certain room (it's one of the ones with an entrance to another field), where you can put a weight to reveal the Ankh Jewel.
yes, this. i don't really know how to make the Ankh appear, my instinct just do the job for me. Maybe it's the green ball in the mouth or staring statue. it's probably like this most of the time, where you have to do a puzzle and didn't notice a change until you search the area and say "this place wasn't like this the last time i'm here..."
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2012, 08:22:05 PM »

I'll tackle it again tomorrow.

I know things don't always change in the room you're in, happened a couple of times already, but I couldn't find anything that was different.

Wandered into another field, the one with dancing cornucopia enemies. No bats! Got far. Couldn't solve a single puzzle, though.

AUST
iffi
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »

I think it makes a pedestal appear in a certain room (it's one of the ones with an entrance to another field), where you can put a weight to reveal the Ankh Jewel.
yes, this. i don't really know how to make the Ankh appear, my instinct just do the job for me. Maybe it's the green ball in the mouth or staring statue. it's probably like this most of the time, where you have to do a puzzle and didn't notice a change until you search the area and say "this place wasn't like this the last time i'm here..."
The tablet here gives the clue for what puzzle you need to solve to reveal the Ankh. Solve that puzzle it's referring to, and it should appear. It also says what puzzle you need to solve to reveal the Ankh Jewel.

Wandered into another field, the one with dancing cornucopia enemies. No bats! Got far. Couldn't solve a single puzzle, though.
If you didn't see any bats you just didn't get far enough. =P
I'm pretty sure there are bats in every single field in the game, the surface excluded.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:10:58 PM by iffi » Logged
PaleFox
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 11:24:09 PM »

I think the area with the giants in it lacks bats. And it does have enemies that sort of look like cornucopias, I suppose.

I'm stuck in the tower. I know what to do, I just hate doing it. This is the bit where the controls stop being fun, because they are ill suited to what you have to do and the circumstances you do it in...
iffi
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »

I'm stuck in the tower. I know what to do, I just hate doing it. This is the bit where the controls stop being fun, because they are ill suited to what you have to do and the circumstances you do it in...
I suggest that you never try Hell Temple.
leonelc29
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »

The tablet here gives the clue for what puzzle you need to solve to reveal the Ankh. Solve that puzzle it's referring to, and it should appear. It also says what puzzle you need to solve to reveal the Ankh Jewel.
yes yes yes, the Angel Path. also, the guy inside that door will give you the clue too.

currently exploring inferno, and...died.

killed 1st and 3rd boss, skip the second(which i think is the hardest compare to the 3rd)

i think this is where i stop in the last play, except much further and get second weapon, claw and ice cape(is this count as spoiler? because these item available in the manual.)

iirc, there's only 2 screen that have bat in it at the giant place.

@Hangedman
ohh and if you still can't find it, just explore other place and find more item before another try. i remember i explore alot of place before even kill the first boss.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2012, 01:44:25 AM »

Ugh. I'm at a point now where if I do anything new, I have to go check so many places that it's getting to be a big time sap. However, I got bombs! Unfortunately, the only place I've found to use them is to connect two places I can already get to.

I've also solved a couple of the puzzles of the "confusion" area. That was annoying though, because I essentially figured out the first riddle of it but the solution was kind of wonky, so when I figured it out, it didn't exactly work. Then I solved it by accident. In specific: At the place where it says which paths the fools took, I thought you had to jump there. You did, but it was one step to the side of the sign  Lips Sealed

iffi
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2012, 02:02:17 AM »

I've also solved a couple of the puzzles of the "confusion" area. That was annoying though, because I essentially figured out the first riddle of it but the solution was kind of wonky, so when I figured it out, it didn't exactly work. Then I solved it by accident. In specific: At the place where it says which paths the fools took, I thought you had to jump there. You did, but it was one step to the side of the sign  Lips Sealed
Unfortunately for you, that's probably one of the least wonky parts of that area. Have fun. Grin
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2012, 02:55:19 AM »

I needed to use a walkthrough to solve the gate of confusion before. Of course, this was back before there were any walkthroughs except a poorly translated walkthrough from a japanese site. Even when I found the part that talked about the puzzle I was on, it was still game of figuring out what the translation meant.

This is the part where this format shines, and players can help each other catch up on puzzles by getting customized, fresh hints with exactly the right level of spoilers for their tastes.
iffi
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2012, 03:01:57 AM »

Yes, I wish I had a group like this to turn to when I first played La-Mulana.
paste
Level 6

BARF!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »

haha, i think i just figured out what those rainbow worms inside the sun pyramid were.  Cheesy

edit: okay, I think I'm legitimately stuck. There are a few riddles I just can't seem to figure out. If someone could give me a hint (not the solution), it would be appreciated. okay here they are:

1) I have no idea what "Trace the name which is not" means. I tried typing stuff in, but nothing happened.
2) I have seen a lot of clues making references to the twins and freeing them although I'm not sure if they mean the giants facing each other in the mausoleum or twins that might be in this pregnant woman statue or something else
3) I have no idea what the pepper is for.

Here are some shots of what I have so far:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12480177/lm1.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12480177/lm2.png
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:31:14 AM by paste » Logged

iffi
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2012, 08:33:35 PM »

1) I thought that one didn't mean anything until I Googled it just now - it's pretty darn obscure. You're on the right track, but there's a different way to trace the name than typing stuff in. Look for a hidden room behind a breakable wall <--More spoileriffic spoiler than the others that allows you to do that.
As for what name to trace, look for names that could possibly "be not". If that doesn't make sense to you, focus on finding the place to trace the name and guess from there.

2) Many of the references to that are in the same field, and are talking about something relevant to that field (and not other fields). In that field, you've probably seen a tablet that says "The twins' gates respond to the twins' souls." Make note of the picture on that tablet. (Link to a screenshot of that picture)

3) When you got the pepper, the ghost who gives you the pepper said "So you see, this mischievous pixie hid my precious treasure. Before she disappeared she left this pepper behind and sang this ridiculous song: "Six Angels whisper that the inviting guardian swallowed the treasure. How will you get it back? What will happen if you do?" If you get back the treasure I'll give you 500 coins......achoo!! Looks like the pepper got in my nose. Here, take it. Go and find my treasure!" So what's the "inviting guardian", and how are you going to get the treasure back from it? What have you seen the pepper able to do?

Edit: So much black spoilertext all over my posts Epileptic

Edit 2: The more I think about it the more I realize how brilliant the game is when it all fits together.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:50:11 PM by iffi » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic