Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:50:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallCity of Steam Design Dev Journal - Marketplace
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: City of Steam Design Dev Journal - Marketplace  (Read 600 times)
CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:57:53 AM »

It’s Payback Time!

Marketplace

Remember all those suggestions City of Steam players made on the forums?! Right back at ya!

This marketplace is the first design we finished on your terms. Yes, you. The reader. You, the game connoisseur who is so intelligently following this humble creation. Did I mention that you look extremely witty today? And charming!

Okay, okay, I won’t polish that any longer –we had the marketplace concept art lying around for a while, but it wasn’t until the forums got busy talking about what you guys wanted that we actually got round to designing everything. And without further ado, here it is.

Nice picture, but how does it work?

Well firstly… this is a design in-progress. Things will change. In alpha, you’ll get a basic functional version of the marketplace. Later on, we will do cool and special stuff that will be even sweeter. Promise!

Ah, now that’s finished, I can go through the basics: It’s free to list any item at all in the market, for any price you want to sell at. The items stay in the market until a buyer browses around and finds your goods. Then, they buy it, taking items out of the marketplace, and transferring the cash to you. Of course, the marketplace takes a small cut, depending on how greedy and mean the merchants are feeling at the time… damn I HATE those guys!

Just for your knowledge:

The marketplace list will be global. Every marketplace accesses the entire city’s resource listing.

When someone buys your stuff, mail is sent to your house containing the payment.

There will be marketplace booths like this in every corner of huge levels, to reduce travel time.

Here’s a mock up of what you “might” see in the game when you click on a merchant. Again, there’s plenty of room for change.

We really want to put in a lot of filters and searching tools, so that people can find what they want as easily as possible. But you can expect that in alpha it will be pretty simple.

And that’s about all we have time for today. Next week we will be tentatively showing a skill tree concept.

Head over to our Developer Journal Page to check out more about the development for City of Steam.

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork beings, and countless unknown evils.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic