Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 03:54:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club: Vampire the Masquerade -- Bloodlines
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club: Vampire the Masquerade -- Bloodlines  (Read 20165 times)
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »

BTW, how often do you guys save in these games? And when does Vampire auto-save?

I usually save pretty often (rotating between 3-4 save games) because I like to try things a few times to see how everything works.
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2012, 02:17:33 PM »

I just hit the quicksave button whenever I can. I think it creates a separate save file each time, which is pretty annoying.

Finished most of Santa Monica subquests today. It felt great to be able to chose dialogue options that exist for simple roleplaying purposes and not some binary morality system. Quite refreshing. Had my fun scaring the shit out of the guys at the beach house and then feeding on them one by one.

I have to admit it's more glitchy than I remembered, though. Controls feel bad or weird at times, combat feels clunky, the animations sometimes seem to skip weirdly, and the interface looks and works as if it was unfinished. I think I'm less forgiving than I used to be, as I don't recall such issues. 

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2012, 02:55:47 PM »

So I just answered all the questions at the start of the game to choose my race/stats.  I'm playing a Gangrel.  I have no idea about this system so that seemed like the way to go.  I think it picked a good character for me, and I'm having fun roleplaying it.

Just played up until the beach house, which was super easy, I just walked in and killed everyone basically, lots of fun though, I really feel like a vampire.

One thing that is killing me is the load times... I hate load times in games and since I'm wandering around a lot it makes me not want to enter doors as I'm afraid I'll have to wait.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2012, 03:39:46 PM »

I like the stacked Quicksaves: lets me jump back to any point instead of accidentally screwing myself over.

Yeah, the patches fixed a lot of the cutscene bugs but didn't get rid of them all. Things skip about, and etc. And some combat is clunkier than others. The patches make melee/unarmed harder and enemies counter more, which can mean a lot of rebounding and not much actual fighting. Remember that pressing different directions in hand-to-hand combat switches up your attack patterns.

Also: some patches change the interface to be clearer but uglier, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Load times don't seem as bad to me as they used to be. Maybe I'm just used to them?

Just beat the Mansion. Possibly even better than the Ocean House. Love it. Love that style.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
deathtotheweird
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »

I have to admit it's more glitchy than I remembered, though. Controls feel bad or weird at times, combat feels clunky, the animations sometimes seem to skip weirdly, and the interface looks and works as if it was unfinished. I think I'm less forgiving than I used to be, as I don't recall such issues. 

I tried playing it, but I just can't get past all these issues. The controls and interface just rape my patience. I want to play a game, not wrestle with clunky controls and the terrible UI and poor performance.

Played around 4 hours and realized I wasn't having any fun. Didn't find the story, setting, or gameplay interesting at all. I couldn't engage someone in conversation without rolling my eyes at how bad the dialog (especially my character's) was.

Was kinda disappointed after all I've heard about it. ehhh.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »

I couldn't engage someone in conversation without rolling my eyes at how bad the dialog (especially my character's) was.
what. the dialog is one of the best parts of the game.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 02:44:51 AM »

I only noticed this topic today, I may just join in tomorrow.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »

***********************spoilerssss*********************

I just reached downtown. Back in Santa Monica, beat the chinese vampire quest, took its sword. Still havent solved the gruesome murder case. Was an ass and provided a new slave for the ghoul guy back in the blood bank.

I didnt think the warehouse was that tedious. I was hoping to breach without much notice, but even if ypou reach the office by the roof, there are fuck tons of windows, which sadly, there doesnt seem to be a way to work around. Still, managed to kill most of  them with no much problem.

I kinda find Blood Purge+sword insanely practical. You make the opponent to puke while you keep stabbing him/them. I killed some couple of stronger vampires doing that relatively easy. Same for shotgun assholes.

klabelkholosh
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2012, 02:33:17 AM »

I'm restarting my aborted last year playthrough now... oh man, makes you feel like a memory-fogged old man.. what's the quick save button again? Whassah this thing I'm picking up for the thing now for whom and where are they again?

Maxed-out Celerity with melee seems ridiculously overpowered, cleared out the 'Enlightened' tenement without much damage.  Hand Metal Left

That chick let my frog out
I mean it hopped and hopped, out into space
Adrian's gone, gone
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2012, 03:09:34 AM »

btw: idk what hangedman is on about, melee is still easier than ranged. when i couldn't beat the warehouse with guns i just cut through everyone with my katana (+ celerity) no problem. i focused on gun skills and haven't put any points in anything melee-related at all.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2012, 05:54:14 AM »

I underestimated how much fun this game is, I created a Malkavian who is a surprisingly smooth talker for someone who only spouts nonsense, with a focus on melee and stealth.  The powers Malkavians get are pretty awesome, hysteria basically gives you a free shot at feeding off someone and you also get to occasionally command people in dialog.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2012, 07:56:22 AM »

btw: idk what hangedman is on about, melee is still easier than ranged. when i couldn't beat the warehouse with guns i just cut through everyone with my katana (+ celerity) no problem. i focused on gun skills and haven't put any points in anything melee-related at all.

Maybe it's just unarmed and not melee. And no complaints really: I'm enjoying the challenge.
But for one part I picked up the shotgun just to clear out an area and I'm mowing people down with Firearms 1 no problem, whereas beating the Cathayan unarmed took some serious dodging and strategy, even with Fortitude and Protean.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
PaleFox
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2012, 10:50:07 AM »

I underestimated how much fun this game is, I created a Malkavian who is a surprisingly smooth talker for someone who only spouts nonsense, with a focus on melee and stealth.  The powers Malkavians get are pretty awesome, hysteria basically gives you a free shot at feeding off someone and you also get to occasionally command people in dialog.

Malkavian is great as a second playthrough, because all their nonsense is foreshadowing that you only understand once you know what's going to happen -- that's their big thing, that they can see the future but are crazy dudes

Made a Ventrue with firearms and persuasion. Good times.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2012, 01:18:15 PM »

Started a playthrough with Tremere, aiming to do what is right and get my humanity to max.  Cool

Just finished the pier house mission. Disregarded any pansy-ass nonviolent route and KILLED EVERYBODY. Mostly through feeding.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »

my next main quest is the elizabeth dane one. doing some downtown quests atm though. im thinking of siding with the anarchs this time around.
forwardresent
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2012, 03:43:44 PM »

Used this as an excuse to check out my old Malkavian. I have no idea what is going on, it's been a long time since I've played this. Going to reroll a Tremere.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2012, 12:48:09 AM »

Oh man, Malkavian lines are the best, one of them was a reference to The Pixies: "I heard a rumor that he was into field hockey players".
forwardresent
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2012, 08:41:47 AM »

Oh man, Malkavian lines are the best, one of them was a reference to The Pixies: "I heard a rumor that he was into field hockey players".

Oh God that is amazing.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2012, 05:53:15 AM »

The garage "dungeon" is hard as nails, even when trying to go stealth.

Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »

Well, managed to murder everyone on the garage. Fuck sneaking.

Also, I totally love Trance. I managed to harmlesly go with the Russian guy whom the club owner lady wants you to get rid of, by just trancing all his bodyguards and feed on them, without any humanity repercussions.

The Elizabeth Dane quest was too easy if you went to the damn office. And too hard if you went sneaking.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic