Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:52:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDefective (Flash Multidirectonal-Shooter)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Defective (Flash Multidirectonal-Shooter)  (Read 782 times)
FTLRalph
Level 1

What?

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:06:47 AM »

So if any of you know of me and my site (I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's about 0% of you), then you'll know this game has been a long-time coming.

Play it on NewGrounds or Kongregate!  Don't forget to vote please!

Summary:
As a "defective" minion ship, you find yourself discarded to a recycling center to be scrapped for parts. Fight your way through wave after wave of enemy ships to get to the three boss's who sent you away.

Utilize your special ability to transform into enemy ships and use their own attacks against them to get your revenge!  Oh, and try to find the two upgrades hidden in each level to increase things like acceleration, bullet damage, fire-rate, etc...

Features:
  • 12 levels of shoot-em-up action... in space!
  • 3 intense boss fights.
  • 5 beautiful, custom-made music tracks just for this game!
  • Storyline with a beginning and ending cutscene.
  • 5 different upgrade types to find, 2 in each level.
  • 5 different enemy types, not including 4 smaller "minion" enemies and 2 "turret" enemies.
  • The player can transform into any of the main enemy types after destroying and absorbing 3 of their "souls."
  • Particles, particles everywhere.
  • Built-in achievements.
  • Save / load functionality with 2 separate "save slots," players can pick up from where they left off later!
  • Beautiful and polished graphics.

Screenshots:
Gameplay:

Gameplay:

A boss level:

Play it on NewGrounds or Kongregate!  Don't forget to vote please!
JamesLeonardo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:56:53 AM »

Reminds me of the classic asteroids game, of course.
This seems like a pretty creative game, though i need more time to play it! (Very busy ATM)

Hand Thumbs Up Left

st33d
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »

Code:
SecurityError: Error #2121: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: http://uploads.ungrounded.net/592000/592993_Defective_primary.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/1 cannot access http://server.cpmstar.com/adviewas3.swf?contentspotid=6727Q7948D33B. This may be worked around by calling Security.allowDomain.
at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()
at Cutscene_fla::VCam_AS3_17/camControl()
at Cutscene_fla::VCam_AS3_17/frame1()

I'm a flash dev so I always have the debug player on.

Yeah, like it says in the error, you need so sort out your Security.allowDomain.

It's happening because you're trying to access pixels from another site (Flash does a security check every time you use BitmapData.draw to make sure you're not copying any pixels from another domain).

The real reason I believe is that Newgrounds is not unloading their advert properly. You might want to tell them about that.
FTLRalph
Level 1

What?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:32:02 AM »

Code:
SecurityError: Error #2121: Security sandbox violation: BitmapData.draw: http://uploads.ungrounded.net/592000/592993_Defective_primary.swf/[[DYNAMIC]]/1 cannot access http://server.cpmstar.com/adviewas3.swf?contentspotid=6727Q7948D33B. This may be worked around by calling Security.allowDomain.
at flash.display::BitmapData/draw()
at Cutscene_fla::VCam_AS3_17/camControl()
at Cutscene_fla::VCam_AS3_17/frame1()

I'm a flash dev so I always have the debug player on.

Yeah, like it says in the error, you need so sort out your Security.allowDomain.

It's happening because you're trying to access pixels from another site (Flash does a security check every time you use BitmapData.draw to make sure you're not copying any pixels from another domain).

The real reason I believe is that Newgrounds is not unloading their advert properly. You might want to tell them about that.

Oh balls.  That's odd, haven't encountered that myself in any testing.  Probably because I'm not using the debug player in the browser.  The CPMStar ad is mine too, actually, not Newgrounds'.

Anyway, it looks like the error is occurring when the cutscene starts (which happens to be an embedded swf file).  Don't even know where I'd start to fix that, as I don't even know what the source of the problem is.  It isn't a fatal error, is it?  I wouldn't think so being that the game runs fine without the debug player.
st33d
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »

Code:
This may be worked around by calling Security.allowDomain.

Google Security.allowDomain.

It's a common Flash problem, it's fairly easy to fix and it will help you in future to know about it, because you're going to see it again if you keep working in Flash.

Also, you could try sandboxing the advert by making sure it doesn't load on to the timeline, but instead a containing MovieClip. Or just contact CPMStar and say, "your ads are breaking my game Sad", and they might have a common workaround.

And no, it doesn't break the game so it's not urgent. But if you want to do snazzy BitmapData effects in future, you'll want to know how to stop this error.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic