Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:11:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIndie Action
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Print
Author Topic: Indie Action  (Read 52896 times)
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2012, 02:43:30 PM »

I was thinking about redesigning Kaltos (graphically). I needed another male human sword fighter in the game to help balance the roster a bit. Isaac and Commander Video are more side kick material. But Kaltos's redesign is without his helmet. His atltacks are very unique, like his thunderstrike, and sword faith.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 30, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »

Concept Side Kick Sprites

Right now the Side kicks are all place holder sprites until I know what their attacks will be. Slender man has the ability to stretch his limbs to attack, Steve mines in the ground tossing gold/diamonds that hit opponents, and pitch has her brick/rainbow/ice gun.

Replacing Kaltos With Arianna

Needed a sword character with a more unique feel.

tnr
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2013, 09:19:53 AM »

Princess Pitch. NOW. Tongue

Really looking forward to you finishing this game.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »

While making the side kicks, I began to think of complete move sets for them. I may or may not make some fully playable. But once I make one attack, I just come up with more...

The Guy
- The Guy was once a kid that against all odds defeated his father and claimed his title of the guy. As the new guy, he has acquired many new abilities, such as the boxing skills of a heavy weight, and mystical street fighting skills. The guy is a balanced , mid speed fighter.

Z (also in the air) -Punch-out
Z side (and air) - shoot
Z tap - charge shot
Z up- the guy uppercut
Z down- The Guy spinning kick
Z up air- The Guy rising uppercut
Z down air-Apple drop

Madotsuki
- Madotsuki is a young reclusive girl who spends most of her time sleeping ,and dreaming strange things. Her special ability is to change her state of being by dreaming. She can become a knife wielding psychopath, become sick(sneezing on her opponents), and become a witch (fly on a broom), just to name a few. Madotsuki is a close ranged, mid speed character.

Z- knife
Z side- bike
Z side tap- sneeze
Z up- ghost head spin
Z down- umbrella/demon
Z air- snow witch
Z air up- witch
Z air side- fist head charge
Z air down- fat

Gish
- Gish is a blob of tar with two yellow eyes and sharp fanged teeth. He has the new found ability to launch debris (bricks, sewer lids, dead rats) from his body, as well as spit tar on his opponents to trap them in tar. Gish is a slower mid range fighter.

Z (also in air)- Launch Debris forward
Z side (also in air)- Gish fang
Z tap- Tar prison
Z up- launch debris up
Z down- Boiling tar
Z down air- Heavy
Z up- Lava Lamp

Princes Pitch
- P.Pitch is a young princess who always gets her way with a strange yet powerful gun, and magical shape shifting cat named cat strike. P.Pitch is a far ranged, speed fighter.

Z (also in air)- Ice Cannon
Z side (also in air)- Brick Cannon
Z tap- Golden Brick Cannon
Z up- Rainbow cannon
Z down- Princess Counter
Z up air-  Cat Strike
Z down air- Garden Gnome Flail

Trilby
- Trilby was once a notorious cat burglar, until a run in with the supernatural changed his life. Trilby carries a small statue which holds the spirit of a machete wielding behemoth (John Defoe). He also carries his old burglary tool, the "Grolly" a grappling hook, and taser disguised as an umbrella . Trilby is a slow, mid range fighter.

Z (also in air)- possessed by John Defoe
Z side (also in air)- Taser
Z tap- Wrath of John Defoe
Z up- Shocking Brolly uppercut
Z down- Rug Pull
Z down air- Smoke bomb
Z up air- Grolly (Grapple Brolly(umbrella))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:46:47 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2013, 06:13:01 PM »

Your most recent post reminds me of something that I hate with a passion: people who explain their movesets with catchy terms and not actual explanations of the moves.

Let's look at Trilby for a second, just as an example. One of your moves is called "Wrath of John DeFoe." I take offense to this move in two ways. The first is that being possessed by a retarded basement child turned gatekeeper of pain god is not an integral part of Trilby's combat style, but the main issue is: what does that even mean? How is John DeFoe's wrath manifested? Fancy names don't make it easy for us to envision how the move will work.

The Guy/Kid could use a bit of work. Nothing about him or his heritage as the son of the previous Guy implies he could ever learn skills from Street Fighter or Punch-Out (which, by the way, is another move with no explanation). From my perspective, the Kid's moves would rely entirely on gun, spike, and delicious fruit. And perhaps moon.
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »

Your most recent post reminds me of something that I hate with a passion: people who explain their movesets with catchy terms and not actual explanations of the moves.

Let's look at Trilby for a second, just as an example. One of your moves is called "Wrath of John DeFoe." I take offense to this move in two ways. The first is that being possessed by a retarded basement child turned gatekeeper of pain god is not an integral part of Trilby's combat style, but the main issue is: what does that even mean? How is John DeFoe's wrath manifested? Fancy names don't make it easy for us to envision how the move will work.

The Guy/Kid could use a bit of work. Nothing about him or his heritage as the son of the previous Guy implies he could ever learn skills from Street Fighter or Punch-Out (which, by the way, is another move with no explanation). From my perspective, the Kid's moves would rely entirely on gun, spike, and delicious fruit. And perhaps moon.

Dude...chillax, It's just a game, no real logic is needed Tongue

I should have explained a few of those. Wrath of John Defoe- the ghost of John Defoe (the Skelton with the mask and apron) is summoned and attacks.
Possess by John Defoe- trilby wears the mask and attacks as John Defoe.

As for The Guy, his move set includes the gun, and I give him random powers...cuz I felt like it Tongue. All he actually does is shoot...he has a grapple hook in Gaiden actually, I should add that.

Again, it's just a game, and I'm thinking outside the box.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:36:50 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

poe
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »

Will this be playable online? Looks awesome.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2013, 06:34:36 PM »

Don't forget, he has a cape, too.

And really, I'm imagining the moves being more like dodges, with actual Ryu and Mike Tyson projectile attacks coming out of that.

Liking these new additions, and I might also mention Issac of TBoI fame. There's... well, a LOT of randomness you can play with, there. Tears, Mom's Knife, Pretty Fly, Brother Bobby, just to name a few. Clearly, another shooter/zoner character for the most part; but with Mom's Knife as his TK... I mean "finisher."

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2013, 06:52:26 PM »

Don't forget, he has a cape, too.

And really, I'm imagining the moves being more like dodges, with actual Ryu and Mike Tyson projectile attacks coming out of that.

Liking these new additions, and I might also mention Issac of TBoI fame. There's... well, a LOT of randomness you can play with, there. Tears, Mom's Knife, Pretty Fly, Brother Bobby, just to name a few. Clearly, another shooter/zoner character for the most part; but with Mom's Knife as his TK... I mean "finisher."

Yeah, Isaac could work. Really I try to play around with everything about a character, beyond what they normally do.

Will this be playable online? Looks awesome.

Thanks, It's possible, just haven't focused on it.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »

Naija's game-play

I've never shown Naija, and since I'm not ready to put a demo up, here's a vid:

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »

Is the frameyness your screencap software?

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »

Yeah, I was using hypercam. I didn't really pay it much mind.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:09 PM »

OFF THE GRID (adventure mode)

Description-

OTG is a platforming side scrolling beat-um-up mode (playing similar to Altered Beasts) with up to 2P co-op (maybe 4, just haven't tested 4 player yet). There is no real story to this mode for the sake of time.

Development-

The system essentially is complete. The enemies attack, and you kill them to increase health. Killing enemies isn't required to progress. The game already has a good platforming engine for this mode.

MATRIMELEE

Description-

Matrimelee is the story and survival mode of indie action. The story is that Hyper Princess Pitch holds a fighting tournament to decide who will marry her (if male) or take her position (if female). Pretty much exactly like the fighting game 'Power Instinct 4'

Development-

I just need to design the stadium stage, Princess pitch, and draw about 8 ending scene pictures.

Note

With the initial roster of 8 completed I can just focus on developing these modes.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2013, 02:20:39 PM »

Coffee

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »

Princess Pitch holds a fighting tournament to decide who will marry her (if male) or take her position (if female).
Why can't girls also marry her? It would probably be funnier that way.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: February 10, 2013, 04:04:05 PM »

So Princess Pitch is the Ruby Heart of Indie Action?  Smiley

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 10, 2013, 10:18:57 PM »

So Princess Pitch is the Ruby Heart of Indie Action?  Smiley

The rejected Darkstalkers character? Well, if you're asking if she's an original character who only appears here, nah. She's from Hyper Princess Pitch, a fun game by Daniel Remar.

Princess Pitch holds a fighting tournament to decide who will marry her (if male) or take her position (if female).
Why can't girls also marry her? It would probably be funnier that way.

I guess

One of Iji's ending Pics^. I might stick with this sketchy style, pretty easy to draw.

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »

Happy V-day

Happy after V-day to all! I hope everyone spent half their bank account on their wife or gf, like I did.

Death Worm (junior) Playable

Death Worm(Jr.) was originally just a standard enemy in "Off The Grid"  mode, I got the funny idea to make him fully playable since he's easy to sprite. Death Worm's attacks depend on what type of land he's on. For example if he's standing on solid ground (non jump through) he can burrow and attack foes from underneath.

Karoshi Playable

Karoshi was originally going to be a training dummy. I decided why the hell not just make him playable. He always faces the screen, even when hit or walking, which makes him a very unique feeling character. His attacks consist of attempts to kill himself, such as putting a gun to his head, which inadvertently fires bloody bullets at foes.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:21:33 PM by Garlicguy » Logged

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2013, 05:03:05 PM »

YES. XD I'm loving where this is going. You're really giving some character to these characters!!

Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2013, 09:23:15 AM »

YES. XD I'm loving where this is going. You're really giving some character to these characters!!

Glad to hear! That's the plan, bacon man

Finished Karoshi's move set

Z- melee
Z side- Russian Roulette
Z tap-  Karoshi racing
Z down- Overtime
Z up- office chair spin
Z air-melee
Z side air- office supply toss
Z down air- kamikaze
Z up air- super karoshi

Some details: Overtime attack puts foes to sleep, during Karoshi racing karoshi hits you with his car causing it to explode.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic