Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 11:55:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDeep Dungeons of Doom
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Deep Dungeons of Doom  (Read 55773 times)
Ryland
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »

Looks awesome! Normally, I wouldn't like a game that's so repetitive, but for some reason it seems like this game will make it work. Smiley
pixhead
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2012, 10:04:49 PM »

This project makes me VERY happy! Keep at it, it looks awesome!
randomshade
Level 1

Fastzelda

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2012, 02:13:15 AM »

I really like everything about this; excellent work!
Bandages
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »

Happy little bump, I hope the dev process is going smoothly! Still my most anticipated unreleased indie game
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2012, 06:28:25 PM »

Thanks everyone for the incentive! Grin I hope we won't disappoint you guys!

Sorry for not updating this devlog recently, but I must assure everyone that's because the mobile version of this game is ALMOST ready and we are working full time on it! I can't give dates (specially because I suck at dates), but I would expect something by the end of January!

About the repetitive gameplay, that's something that I'm really really trying to avoid, we have various different mechanics for different monsters, for example. Some monsters freeze you up, others throw projectiles at you, or drain your heal/magic, stuff like that. With all that combinations I try to give the player some emergent situations. Also, I try to break the main gameplay with some choices between the dungeons, a map with shops, crafting and altars where you access and choose from various skills.
Another thing is that we got 3 careers to play now: The Crusader, The Witch and The Mercenary, and they have very different statistics/gameplay style.
I agree that the core-mechanic is repetitive, but I hope that won't get very boring. Hand Any KeyCrazyHand Any Key

Just to post some pictures, here's some new screenshots:

Game over screen

Career unlocked screen

Item info screen

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »

New screenshots are great, looking really nice. Just be careful of spelling mistakes and grammar. E.g 'smal health potion' I'm assuming you meant 'small' and 'raised to believe on the power' 'raised to believe in the power'

Know you guys aren't native English speakers so if you need any help, I'm sure most people in the forum would be.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2012, 02:35:11 AM »

It sounds and looks beautiful and fun!

I agree that the core-mechanic is repetitive, but I hope that won't get very boring. Hand Any KeyCrazyHand Any Key

One mechanic games are great, if you ask me <3 Plus, I know the amount of care you guys punt into games, I'm not worried at all  Gomez

Ryland
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:51 PM »

It sounds and looks beautiful and fun!

One mechanic games are great, if you ask me <3 Plus, I know the amount of care you guys punt into games, I'm not worried at all  Gomez
Repetitive can be awesome if it's done well. And from the looks of this, it's being done VERY well.
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »

have been a month since anything posted here Cry Hope everything is good with the dev as this game looks and feels and I am sure plays awesome Smiley

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2013, 05:28:59 AM »

Sorry for not posting updates this month! But it's for a good reason: we're working full time on the game right now Smiley I'll try to write down some of the updates soon.

jO
Level 4

Adventure awaits!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2013, 05:30:56 AM »

yeah, whats happening!?  Grin
Since you posted all those super sexy enemy attack animations on Pixeljoint I've been waiting for an update.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2013, 01:45:58 AM »

Since updates have not been coming, I'll get the chance and let anyone interested that DDD has been released for OUYA some time ago. It will hopefully hit Android/iOS, soon?

http://www.deepdungeonsofdoom.com/
http://deepdungeonsofdoom.tumblr.com/
http://www.bossastudios.com/
http://blog.studiominiboss.com/

Olifiers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2013, 12:41:53 PM »

It's just out for iOS now:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/deep-dungeons-of-doom/id595359155

Hope you enjoy it! Android next later this month... Wink
♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2013, 05:16:39 PM »

Just picked it up and i'm really enjoying it so far! My very first impression is that it really bugs me how bad the swipe to scroll the screen is. It kind of jolts rather than being a smooth swipe so it's feels bad. I really wish i could see my stats, health and magic when the bonus screen pops up.
Arnold
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2013, 04:00:09 AM »

OMG how could i miss that! shame on me!  Embarrassed

I'm 1/2 of @Tinytouchtales and I collect Video-Game stuff on @Speicherstand
Olifiers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 11:18:30 AM »

JIt kind of jolts rather than being a smooth swipe so it's feels bad. I really wish i could see my stats, health and magic when the bonus screen pops up.

Hey Ben! We're already working on optimising the swipe, it behaves like that on a few devices -- but not all. You can check all your stats in depth be entering the Char screen (top left) then entering advance mode (bottom right inside the char screen). Wink

Glad to hear the game is going down well!
Bandages
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2013, 11:20:30 AM »

The android release of this game will be the first android game I'll have ever purchased  Smiley
i-kari
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2013, 02:40:55 PM »

Just read about this on Toucharcade and 148apps. Good luck with the game!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic