Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411468 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 12:25:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDeep Dungeons of Doom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Deep Dungeons of Doom  (Read 55818 times)
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »

Thanks guys! But the text and art (as I said Tongue) is just a placeholder! But please always keep telling me if I make any English mistakes. Since that's not our language we're very prone to mistakes.

Ok, so, today's updates. Not much progress but still something:

-Added the witch charged move
   (she spends a lot of magic power to cause a LOT of damage, if no mana, health is consumed)

-Now when the witch has no magic power left her attack animation has no fire effect (and low damage)

I have plans on working on that message box art today too, but no promises  Tired

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »

Today's updates:
-Fixed a bug caused by Dropbox ¬¬ I had to manually restore almost all the source code files one by one. Now I'm keeping a daily backup outside of the Dropbox.
-The game now detects that the dungeon has ended and shows a message.
-Multiple dungeons are now possible. I'm planning to make a world map interface and the player has to keep traveling from dungeon to dungeon.
-Message boxes should pause the game now.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 12:57:34 AM »

We had a meeting and e got some objectives listed up an a new flowchart for the game. Here's our flowchart:

It's probably confusing (since it has some Portuguese words) but the main changes are that the game now has a world map and a Career level (that is not be lost when changing dungeons)

And the stuff that was done today:

-Started working on the character sheet screen (mostly placeholder art) where all the buffs are listed with their descriptions.

-New HUD, now with the character sheet button. I swapped the item and equip buttons, so it's easier to click on the item with a touchscreen device.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 02:22:16 AM »

Some major updates here Grin

The game now has a world map, so, players can choose their way to get to the Deepest Dungeons of Doom and fight the game villain.

All the classes now have passive abilities that can be upgraded in the "Ancient Altars".

And finally  the buff system and the pause menu is fully functional!

Also, some new enemies made by Glauber Kotaki

JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 04:23:45 AM »

Art is amazing!

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
wg/funstorm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 06:55:10 AM »

Looks great, I think I remember your artist from global game jam 2011 in London, I remember his stuff stood out then too.

MegaLeon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2012, 08:02:51 AM »

HOLY MFG-
I left this being a little mockup at pixelation. How did it become so awesome?

*blog - *tweet - *leon
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2012, 10:25:02 AM »

Kiss

unseven
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »

Looks great, I think I remember your artist from global game jam 2011 in London, I remember his stuff stood out then too.
Thanks, mate! (I'm Glauber haha) You were from the Time Bomb group, right? Awesome stuff.
I might make some more enemies, heard this will be some kind of Pokémon in a dungeon :D
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »

Thanks guys :D

Updating today with some concept art for the game villain:

Bandages
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2012, 08:07:08 PM »

I might make some more enemies, heard this will be some kind of Pokémon in a dungeon :D

PLEASE.

Beg
wg/funstorm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2012, 11:26:53 PM »

Thanks, mate! (I'm Glauber haha) You were from the Time Bomb group, right? Awesome stuff.

Yeah! Your co-artist's husband. We met briefly at the end when I think we were both feeling like death after those crazy 48 hrs. Charmie says hi.

Do iiiit!

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 05:21:08 AM »

saint11, i love your style, man, i love all your games

brettchalupa
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »

Looking so good. Kiss

Keep up the hard work!
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »

Just uploaded a new gameplay video!  Waaagh!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2012, 08:42:08 PM »

Gameplay video looks great. Nice to see it in motion and seems like it plays really well.

Alehkhs
TIGSource Editor
Level 0

...why not?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2012, 09:01:12 PM »

-New HUD, now with the character sheet button. I swapped the item and equip buttons, so it's easier to click on the item with a touchscreen device.

Is that confirmation of plans to bring it to Android/iOS?  Beg
oryx
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »

Looks great, really enjoy the vibe. The big final boss guy (the black slime with eyeball) is cool, and I love the sliced eyeball death - but something about the idle and attack animation doesn't feel quite right - it scales too much or changes too much per frame compared to how the other characters animate, like it was stretched in Photoshop. Does that make sense?

Looking forward to playing!
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »

Hey again, another update!

Here's a list of most of the updated stuff:

The game now supports random NPCs, and the player gets a dialog choice from it. The NPC also supports random or fixed effects, like healing or hurting the player.

I'm planning a new approach on the item and equip system and art.
Maybe working with fewer equips and items, avoiding those that are simply better than others, but working with items that are actually different from the others.

New control scheme, now it is more centered in the arrow keys. The RIGHT key is for attack and scenery interaction, LEFT for defending, UP and DOWN are for changing floors. SPACE is for using items and C will open the character screen.

MOAR ENEMIES! We got 16 monster graphics so far. Also some monsters can throw projectiles now, something that I hope that will give some variety to the gameplay.

@Oryx: I agree, the first boss is a little weird! But I'll work on him again later, for now I'll focus on finishing the other stuff, and then I'll review it.

@Alehkhs: Yes! Grin But we plan to launch it for PC first.

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2012, 01:20:14 AM »

Kiss

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic