Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411514 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:21:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessEA's Madden '13 Kickstarter Makes 8.5 Million in Five Hours
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: EA's Madden '13 Kickstarter Makes 8.5 Million in Five Hours  (Read 11595 times)
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2012, 06:15:37 AM »

I don't know how my mind differs from the people who hate Kickstarter but I don't really mind at all if part of the money goes to their "own pockets." Actually I think it's highly likely that some of the money goes to food or some other things, and I have no problem with it.

When I'm buying a movie or game or a CD, I'm not expecting to pay just enough to cover the costs of making that item.

Independet film makers have always relied on getting some money from sponsors or private investors or from someone else. Sure, the sponsors do it for ad value and investors who put tens of thousands of dollars are usually signing a contract that they'll have a cut from the profit, but why should the only reason for people to give money to be about getting profit from it?
When you buy a movie you pay for the final product, you don't fund it's production.

Master of all trades.
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »

I'm starting to hate kickstarter, because 100% real, it's a HUGE consumer risk.
You're more like a patron than a consumer in this case.

Maybe there are good reasons to dislike Kickstarter, but the ones you present can be avoided by simply not involving yourself.

That's the issue, I want to involve myself! I want to totally back every single awesome crazy idea, but now that the site is full of scams and spammers and people just there for free money it's much harder to sort through all the sadface stuff without a name brand telling you they are legit (like doublefine wouldn't host a bad kickstarter, so I trust them)

I hate kickstarter but it's because...I love kickstarter and want to trust her but she actin' shady and I just can't.

Panda ra ! What do you mean

Somebody owned you in kickstarter?

i knew it something like that will happens (you give the money and the game got canceled by magic)

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »

I'm starting to hate kickstarter, because 100% real, it's a HUGE consumer risk.
You're more like a patron than a consumer in this case.

Maybe there are good reasons to dislike Kickstarter, but the ones you present can be avoided by simply not involving yourself.

That's the issue, I want to involve myself! I want to totally back every single awesome crazy idea, but now that the site is full of scams and spammers and people just there for free money it's much harder to sort through all the sadface stuff without a name brand telling you they are legit (like doublefine wouldn't host a bad kickstarter, so I trust them)

I hate kickstarter but it's because...I love kickstarter and want to trust her but she actin' shady and I just can't.

Panda ra ! What do you mean

Somebody owned you in kickstarter?

i knew it something like that will happens (you give the money and the game got canceled by magic)

No, I was lucky enough to not be a victim of a scam on kickstarter, but I've been hearing horror stories, and many many scams are already "fully funded" from stealing copy-written works, to funding not going where it should, to the game "going away" or a shoddy version of the product given, and running off with the money. If anyone took advantage of me I'd be naming names! and taking action like a champion!

<3<3<3<3 your concern airman you're the bestest

I'm hunting down examples of these failures for examples.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791911961/i-case-iphone-4s-and-iphone-4-bumper-case
Designers holding back items, unless you upped your funding to account for "extra shipping" Designers then knew about a fatal flaw with the design (lose all your signal on your phone) Then did not make an effort to fix it and instead shipped.

maybe it is well intentioned, but either way the people backing the project have no recourse...and that is scary like the wild west!

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:59:32 AM by Pandara_RA! » Logged

RAMINATION
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »

When you buy a movie you pay for the final product, you don't fund it's production.

When I buy a movie, I pay for the final product.
When I buy a game, I pay for the final product.

When I fund a movie, I pay for it's production (and perhaps for the final product too).
When I fund a game, I pay for it's production (and perhaps fort the final product too).

Part of the movie Iron Sky was funded by donations from general people (without Kickstarter or anything like that). Was that wrong?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic