Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:15:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)PlayStation Development Suite
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: PlayStation Development Suite  (Read 17433 times)
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »

I'm not 100% on that but that's what I gather from various developer posts on the dev forum, some docs and looking at the source code.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »

Should be able to announce something that I think the TIG crowd will appreciate soon.
Just gotta draft up some paperwork this week.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2012, 11:35:55 PM »

Got my developer approval but I can't pay the 100$ because my account is Canadian and I'm currently working in Japan

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  Concerned

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 10:45:53 AM »

that sucks. Sad

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »

oh man I got a reply back from playstation support and she completely ignored what I wrote then told me to do what I JUST TOLD HER I DID

this ties with 1and1 for the worst customer support I've ever gotten. It was borderline insulting.

F8_Sean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »

I was in the beta test when they first started granting access, and the FORUM staff have been pretty helpful.

For a program just entering paid access, I'd expect a little more support and activity. The forums are mostly the same as they've been, I don't see new samples or much in the way of developer education. That's one thing the XNA platform has going for it, it's actually a functional springboard for beginners. With PSM, it's like you have to know what it is already (not much marketing) and have a background in OpenGL to really understand the API. Also, the main draw of the API is probably being able to run on Vita, but the Vita apparently has the worst performance out of all the PSM devices. The simulator doesn't reflect the slowdown, so now you have to pay a subscription to find out if your code is playable on a real device.

PSM could be a really great platform if they threw some more weight behind it. It's got equal visibility with regular content on the PSN Store from day one, unlike XBLIG. Looking at the forums, however, there's just not a lot of projects in development yet.

I like programming odd things. If you're looking to collaborate on something C#/XNA/MonoGame/PSM, hit me up!

Blog | Portfolio | Twitter
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2012, 04:27:30 PM »

yeah the actual Vita dev team and forum staff are great. The sony billing support are beyond terrible.

I do have an engine and a game I'm working on as well as a set of tutorials for beginners to help fill the gap but I"m waiting on posting them until I"m sure everything will be ok.

this is my forum post btw

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/General/Got-my-license-Sony-won-t-accept-funding-payment/td-p/17653906

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2012, 08:06:25 PM »

support got back to me and basically told me I'm not their problem.

So fucking pissed at sony right now.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2012, 10:14:54 PM »

Just saw your tutorials.
Keep it up!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2012, 12:07:47 AM »

ty man Smiley Should have part 2 up in about 48 hours

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »

So, I can't post to the forums right now for some reason, so I'll ask here.

How do you get crash logs out of the Vita?

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »

you have to log out then log back into the forums to post. they have a bug

as for the crash logs,I have no idea

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2012, 09:16:53 PM »

Ok, great, thanks!
I posted http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Mobile-Studio/Crash-logs-from-Device/td-p/17668566 if you have any ideas.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2012, 02:09:00 AM »

I would love to help but Sony is still screwing me. I still cant pay my 100$ because I'm in Japan :/

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »

Well, you just have to remember that SCEA, SCEI, and SCEE are their own things.

Remember, people in NA have japanese PSN accounts.
Just log in from your Canadian one, say you're in canada, and just do that.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2012, 03:51:47 PM »

yeah I've tried that. There is some ip restriction which apparently flagged my account so now my family cant even use my canadian credit card from within canada to add funds.

Anyways a supervisor got back to me today. I"m going to buy some PSN cards from Amazon and mail them to my sister and then walk her through adding the funds. Apparently if I mail them to myself and try to add them the ip restriction will block it.

I'm crossing my fingers  Smiley

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »

Posted part 1 of my next tutorial. This one covers the sony drawing something on the screen example.

Part 1 covers Shader Programs

http://levelism.com/psp-vita-opengl-tutorial-1-part-2-drawing-something-on-the-screen/

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »

Got my license stuff finally done today. Wont have a chance to download the key and test on the vita for the next couple days. Work stuffs.

But it's great to have the bearaucratic stuff out of the way. Hopefully the bank info stuff wont be so bad since it's a different system. I'll hold off on that since it's not like I have a completed game or anything.

It looks like tutorial #2 is going to be 6 parts all together. After that I'll move out of the theory and start writing some stuff that focuses more on getting a game working on PSM.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »

Glad you managed to sort that out.

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »

will we be hearing about your vita game soon?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic