Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 06:43:42 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNAVE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: NAVE  (Read 44093 times)
Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2013, 02:56:14 PM »

After a long time, here's NAVE Arcade Making Of EP. 12! English subtitles available (check CC button)

Yay! Time to train my Spanish!

Sad minecraft didnt copyright squares
mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »

Here are the albums of some of the tour dates:

We took it to some arcade for the first time (full album):

At Niceto, a bar in Buenos Aires (full album):

hernansaez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2013, 09:09:10 AM »

Here's NAVE Arcade Making Of EP. 13! English subtitles available (check CC button)

Reilly
Level 2

14/f/tx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »

Absolutely love your cabinet, GJ!

draconiansolo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2013, 11:30:30 AM »

Wanna play this thing!
mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2013, 05:20:48 AM »

The last date of the tour was at Tecnopolis, a cultural, technological and scientific fair here in Argentina.
They invited us to participate in the game pavilion, and they gave us some budget to build a stand!

We started doing some sketches of the stand, and asking for budgets to build it. This time we had some money so we didn't had to do everything ourselves.
As with the arcade cabinet, our friend Walter Cornas helped us with the design and production of the stand. After some brainstorming Hernan started doing the actual illustrations that were going to be printed on the stand.

We knew we wanted to add some external lights to the stand that reacted with the game, so I started thinking how to make this within the tight schedule, without messing too much with the hardware/software of the game to avoid possible bugs.
My two options were: 1- doing some independent electronic (possibly arduino), and modify the software to send the signals to it or 2- extend the current electronic board to provide the signal to the new lights. I chose the latter, because the logic of the external lights was going to be simple (flashing on hit and fire). So what I did was connecting lights 1 and 8 (first and last) of the current board with an AND logic circuit, and then added some MOSFET to handle the power I needed for the LED strip. Luckily it worked quite well.

Here's a video of the tests I did with the led strip in my desktop, and then in the cabinet:

And some images of the process:

Stand designs:

Original boardAddon board

Testing with the led strip

Building time at Tecnopolis

I'll upload photos of the finished stand and some videos later

mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »

We are currently on tour within our country for a couple of weeks!

getting ready to go in Buenos Aires

Monumento a la Bandera in Rosario, Santa Fe

In a square in Capilla del Monte, Cordoba

mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2014, 06:27:46 PM »

We went to the GDC this year and handed out some flyers so people get to know Nave and to find some help taking it to the next GDC (or anywhere else Tongue ):

We met a lot of really interesting people, and many of them where excited about our project.
We hope we can take Nave outside Argentina this year!

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2014, 03:25:31 AM »

We hope we can take Nave outside Argentina this year!

Bring it to Brazil!

mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2014, 07:01:14 AM »

We'll love to take it to Brazil! Where do you live?
We need to find someone that help us with the traveling expenses, and give us a place to stay. So if you know someone or maybe some festival that might be interested, let us know!

Thecoolestnerdguy
Level 2

while(!succeed) try();

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2014, 05:31:30 AM »

I live ≈ 50km away from São Paulo.

We need to find someone that help us with the traveling expenses, and give us a place to stay. So if you know someone or maybe some festival that might be interested, let us know!

Hmm....
I don't think I know anyone who would be willing to help, but I can do my research!
About festivals, maybe you could try Brasil Game Show.

Gueib
Level 1

don't be jealous of my boogie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2014, 06:08:39 AM »

BIG is next month (in São Paulo) and to the end of the year there's the SB Games (in Porto Alegre).

http://www.bigfestival.com.br/home
http://www.sbgames.org/sbgames2014/

Maybe you can try contacting them. Good luck, your project is awesome!
ink.inc
« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2014, 08:04:03 AM »

Hey, I met you guys outside of the Wild Rumpus party at GDC; your work is really, really impressive!

Hope you guys get the funding you need to bring NAVE to the USA!
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2014, 02:26:41 PM »

I love this, and looks like you've done an awesome job with the cabinet and game.

mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2014, 11:36:54 AM »

@Thecoolestnerdguy & @Gaeb:
Thanks for the info... Brasil Game Show seems a little soon. The SB Games in Port Alegre is in november, so we have more time to plan something, and Port Alegre is closer form us if we decided to take it with our trailer.

@eigenbom
Thanks!

@John Sandoval
Thanks! It was really encouraging to see that many people really enjoyed our project! it gave us more strength to work on the tour!

We are starting to think about a possible crowdfunding campaign to take Nave to USA, analyzing the costs for taking the game there, and for moving it around, and thinking the best way to design the campaign. We are thinking about doing a small campaign, that covers the minimum, maybe just one week around GDC, and everything above that will be used to extend the tour. We are confident that once we confirm that we are going to take the game over there, some other events and invitation will come up.

mirrorfish
Level 1

?!?! ... It's just a box.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2014, 01:29:32 PM »

This looks awesome. I'd love to see this thing come to NYC. I'm based in Brooklyn, let me know if I can help.

mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2014, 01:22:26 PM »

This looks awesome. I'd love to see this thing come to NYC. I'm based in Brooklyn, let me know if I can help.

We'd love to take the game there. We have an invitation from the Barcade guys to host the game if we go to NYC.
If we target GDC, it wont be easy to get to NYC because of the traveling costs, but if we got enough money we'd love to get there.

Once we start planning the tour a little better I might ask you some info about the area  Smiley

Thanks!

mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2014, 01:32:44 PM »

Here's a pic of one of our latest events that I really like:

We have tons of pictures from every event. I'd love to make some sort of mini book with a selection of the best ones.

Gueib
Level 1

don't be jealous of my boogie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2014, 05:46:22 AM »

Are the pictures available online? If not, please upload them. I'm probably raising the weird-bar on this thread but I love to see people reacting like this to games.
mbalestrini
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »

Are the pictures available online? If not, please upload them. I'm probably raising the weird-bar on this thread but I love to see people reacting like this to games.

Yes, we have most of the albums online in our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NAVEArcade/photos_albums
And you can see some small selection in my flickr account, where the quality and presentation is better: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalestrini/sets/72157633084016233/

What we don't have online are the videos... someday we hope we can edit some selection...

Here's one of a guy really sweating with Nave:

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:04:53 AM by mbalestrini » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic