Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 08:24:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFound (previously 16 Color Story) 5/11/12 Progress Update!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Found (previously 16 Color Story) 5/11/12 Progress Update!  (Read 8850 times)
Savick
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 06:26:41 AM »

@SolarLune - Conversations with your neighbors yes, but other items besides shirts and sweaters. Something like they give you quests/missions or requests to do certain things to the planet like make more grass. The player and the neighbors are robotic animals so far.

@Quarry - I plan to have the movement be free and jumping around the planet like a platformer. Thanks for explaining what you meant. There would basically be Super Mario Galaxy gravity in effect.

@Ashkin - Glad you like it! I plan to have the starter/home planet be 20x20 blocks that you can alter inside that bordered limit.
eddietree
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 07:19:47 AM »

Digging the style. Keep it up!

Conker534
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »

Love that idea. :D
Savick
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 08:37:21 AM »

Here's a tiny little movie I made using fraps!
It's of the game maker game I mentioned earlier on page one. I hope you guys can see what's going on! If not I'll try to make it bigger, but this is my first time using fraps so...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqYuvmsI4og&feature=youtu.be
Conker534
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:29 AM »

That is cool!
Savick
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 08:49:22 AM »

That is cool!
I know, right? I'm gonna...I'm gonna try and learn Game Maker Language I think. How hard is that? Concerned
If I have the basic scripts that make this game run so far and all I need to do is fix and add more to make it run how I want, then I'll learn GML! Or you know go find a programmer.
Sakar
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 10:00:14 AM »

This is looking quite interesting. Only thing that bothers me is the overall spaziness of the rotation while running around. Perhaps only have it rotate when you go around a corner?
Savick
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »

This is looking quite interesting. Only thing that bothers me is the overall spaziness of the rotation while running around. Perhaps only have it rotate when you go around a corner?
That's exactly what I want to happen actually. Grin
I've been debating a lot with myself whether to find a programmer or learn it myself, like which one would be faster you know? I think I need to just post in more forums that have programmers or something.
Sakar
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »

Well that depends. Even if it takes a bit longer because you're learning the programming language, it'll help tremendously in the long run as you'll be able to do it all by yourself and not rely on other people. Now if you don't have any real interest in programming, then working with someone is the way to go.

It really just depends on whether or not you have interest in doing the programming side of things. Personally I'd say learn GML, as it's quite easy and will help you a lot Smiley
Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 10:40:08 AM »

This is an interesting idea!

Right now you kind of walk around every object in the game as if everything has gravity. Is that intentional? I envisioned there being four possible gravity directions; up, down, left, and right.

Savick
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »

This is an interesting idea!

Right now you kind of walk around every object in the game as if everything has gravity. Is that intentional? I envisioned there being four possible gravity directions; up, down, left, and right.
You named another thing I want the current game to do lol.

@Sakar My interest in programming is on the fence currently. I mainly want to work on the art and animations and that's all, but you make a valid point about learning it myself.
Ashkin
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »

Learn programming- you won't regret it if you have more ideas like this.
What will happen if you construct a planet with a hole going to the other side in the middle? Would you have it so you can't construct a separated landmass?
Savick
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »

Learn programming- you won't regret it if you have more ideas like this.
What will happen if you construct a planet with a hole going to the other side in the middle? Would you have it so you can't construct a separated landmass?
I'm trying to convince myself to learn programming, thanks for the encouragement Grin.
As for your question each planet will always have an indestructible core in the center of them. Think of it like a 20x20 box of 2D blocks you can alter the inside of however you want to with infinite elemental cannonballs once you find them in the galaxy (besides Earth which you get at the start.)
Savick
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 08:33:21 PM »

This is where the game is at right now. I can't get the planet to rotate like in the previous game posted though. I tried copy pasting the code into the right places but nothing happens. I'm kind of out of ideas right now  Sad. Would anyone be willing to help and analyze this some if you can?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hcdfg2
Savick
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 06:54:52 PM »

I did a bit of networking today and I think I may have a flash programmer and a composer coming on board to help out. We'll see what happens!
Savick
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »

Guys!  My Word!
I have a programmer with 6+ years of C++ experience working with me now!
The first demo where you get to build earth blocks on a rotating planet with tiny gravity should be coming - well I don't know how fast they code or will get it done, but it looks like soon! Tears of Joy
sabajt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »

I have a programmer
nice!  i think this is a game we all want play  Hand Any Key Kiss Hand Any Key.  i'd still encourage you to learn some coding if you can - especially if you're working with someone who knows how - if nothing else it will help w/ communication.  plus who knows... you might enjoy it.

Savick
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 07:41:45 AM »

Holy radioactive crap you guys! Shocked

I now have a sound person and two coders! (They all know each other so even better.)

I'll try and get them to register so they can say hi and stuff.

The first playable demo is being worked on as we speak and it will go even faster with 2 coders doing the work.

This is turning out to be one helluva week so far.

Savick
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2012, 10:39:20 AM »

First logo

First icon

Just realized the color dots on Boom need to switched around in the logo. Does it also look too dark to you guys?
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »

The colors are a bit dark on Boom (the dog, right?). I would recommend using the most saturated of the colors you have for his lights.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic