Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:29:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPIONEERS (Build 7)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40
Print
Author Topic: PIONEERS (Build 7)  (Read 149367 times)
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: November 30, 2012, 02:28:34 AM »

Cheers guys. The circely bit is welcomed because everything else is very boxy. It helps break the monotony.

Now can I ask you nice peeps to please vote to nominate Pioneers for IndieDB 2012 Indie of the Year award. If I could get in the Top 100 that be totally awesome Smiley

tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: November 30, 2012, 03:13:31 PM »

Just voted for your game, it deserves it. Keep it up !  Beer!

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: December 02, 2012, 08:30:39 AM »

Just voted for your game, it deserves it. Keep it up !  Beer!

Thank you! Smiley

So yesterday I spent the whole day working on the world map, most of which I scrapped today. Hadn't yesterday been such a waste I probably could've released the new build today. It's mostly done by now but I haven't had much time to test stuff out. Would anyone be interested in some private beta testing before the public release? If you are, PM me.

Here's how the world map looks like. Everything is scaled 9 times so the terrain loses a lot of its features but whatever.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: December 02, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »

Ah, screw this. More hands and eyes on it is definitely better, so here's the Windows build. Please try it out and if you encounter any issues let me know so I can perhaps fix them up tomorrow and then go public with it.

edit: I squashed a nasty bug that only appeared in Release build. Now sailing should be crash free Smiley
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:46:20 AM by Eigen » Logged

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2012, 06:01:12 AM »

It bothers me for a bit that even without any cargo whatsoever, you can still  sail out, otherwise i`ts good.

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: December 03, 2012, 01:26:00 PM »

I added some things, playtested a little, fixed up a couple of issues and now the new build is public, at least for Windows. I'll get the Mac version out soon. Download link is in the first post. Enjoy Smiley

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: December 03, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »

Dude, this is really tight. Did you roll your own gui?

BUG Report: I somehow have a clone of Joseph. Smiley

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: December 03, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »

Text error on small window size..

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: December 03, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Whaaa No No NO

You're on Windows, right? Would you mind sending me your save file? Haven't seen those kinds of bugs before. Must be foreign.

edit: Hmm, the name issue might just be the name generator producing an already existing name in the party. How many men did you actually create? 3 or 4?

And thanks! Yup, the GUI is mine. It works but nothing too fancy about it.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: December 03, 2012, 02:59:31 PM »

On Windows 7. I created my first character (using the defaults), then built a ship, bought some supplies, then I think I recruited 3 more (using the defaults).

Here's my save: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41872/boo.sav

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: December 03, 2012, 03:13:02 PM »

Okay, I went ahead and fixed those issues (yay for uninitialized variables). Thanks for fiding them! Beer!

If you download it again and copy your save file into it, it should work okay (apart from the duplicate name as that's already created and stored). I'm going to sleep now. I have to wake up in like 6 frickin' hours to go to work.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »

Np, I'm trying not to play the game properly because I want to experience the release version, so I'm just clicking random things and trying to break it. Smiley

no1hitjam
Level 0

collision detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: December 03, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »

Great choice of colors and art style, I'll have to look deeper into this

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2012, 03:19:57 AM »

Np, I'm trying not to play the game properly because I want to experience the release version, so I'm just clicking random things and trying to break it. Smiley

That seems like a good way of testing things Grin. I've actually gone around pressing random buttons while clicking anywhere while changing between characters while loading the game while ... but most of the time I have an usual routine of doing stuff. Can't help it.

Great choice of colors and art style, I'll have to look deeper into this

Thank you. I'm glad you like the art-style Smiley
Gameplay wise it doesn't go into much depth yet, though.

I'll be uploading the Mac version tonight along with the updated Windows version. I fixed up a lot of things in the combat system. It's better and actually usable now but still hackish crap codewise Concerned

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2012, 04:47:24 AM »

bugs: I was able to sail ONTOP of the land ang get stuck, and after clicking go explore everything crashed....

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2012, 04:48:44 AM »

Your save file would help. Save just before going exploring and causing the crash and send it to me, please, if you can.

makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:43 AM »

lemme see.. Oh it just because I accidentally pressed esc, that caused the familiar pioneers.exe has stopped working.

Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »

14 hours left on the IndieDB 2012 Indie of the Year awards vote. If you like Pioneers (or the future you in 2013 would) I'd really appreciate your support in the form of a vote. Backrubs guaranteed Well, hello there!

Clicky here:

Hythlodaeus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »

Sorry man. My vote already went for 0AD. Been looking at your project though, and this does indeed look very nice. Will you ever consider sharing the source? You wouldn't have to worry about linux builds that way.
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »

Sorry man. My vote already went for 0AD. Been looking at your project though, and this does indeed look very nice.

Thank you, although you can vote for many games. All of the games if you wish, but I understand Smiley

Will you ever consider sharing the source? You wouldn't have to worry about linux builds that way.

I have no objections for releasing the source but I'd like to see Pioneers turn into a commercial project so I don't see how that's possible. Also, there's some progress being made on the Linux port. Let's hope for the best!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 40
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic