Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:54:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)GAMMA 3D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: GAMMA 3D  (Read 96911 times)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2008, 07:56:38 PM »

Not really, hahaha

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2008, 08:05:23 PM »

Not really, hahaha
Haha, well, I had to check!  :D

Just had to be sure that Fish didn't call him a dirty hippie or something.  :D

(Note: I don't think he is one because I love nature/wilderness too...maybe not to that extreme though.)
Zaphos
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2008, 08:20:12 PM »

Not really, hahaha
Haha, well, I had to check!  :D

Just had to be sure that Fish didn't call him a dirty hippie or something.  :D

(Note: I don't think he is one because I love nature/wilderness too...maybe not to that extreme though.)
No no, fish let his chainsaw do the talking, mostly.
james
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2008, 03:48:51 AM »

As I said about Blotto, the triangles weren't always ''working''. By that I mean that when, for instance, I drew two consecutive triangles in rather quick succession, the first could register with the braces (thus clearing them) while the second would often just pass right through them. Or vice versa. I had this problem again trying it at home today (with the additional difficulty of the diagonals being really hard to nail on the keyboard). I don't know if it was just me who was doing something wrong, but it sure didn't seem like a deliberate challenge.

If the lines traveling down the tunnel toward the Braces weren't registering then that's a bug, and a pretty major one  Embarrassed Sorry about that!

I only got to play Blotto briefly before the event started(I was one of the event volunteers), and then I did have some trouble controlling it.

I kind of want to see if extended play on it would help someone get the hang of it... it may not be a problem with controls so much as a mechanic that takes longer to get used to than the 3-5 minutes allowed by the Gamma guidelines.

I'll give it some solid playtime when I get the chance and see what I can figure out.

Let me know what you think, but "it may not be a problem with controls so much as a mechanic that takes longer to get used to than the 3-5 minutes allowed by the Gamma guidelines." sounds like a design failing to me. We didn't test with many people outside of the three of us, and we had gotten used to the Move->Neutral Stick->Move play so out testers either got it right away or we'd say "Just let the stick go between strokes." I wonder if explicitly stating this in the help text more clearly would have solved the issue. (Gut reaction is: unlikely.)

-Just played AltiToad, very cool use of depth to move up as well as down!
-Depths to Which I Sink started off a little ? for me, then I got a long tail and went diving. Great sense of distance.
-Hypercube is great because 9/10 of the blocks are complicated just to psych you out Smiley
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2008, 04:35:06 AM »

I'd just like to drop by and say that Gamma 3D was a great event. Congrats to all the good folks behind it! Smiley

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2008, 06:20:50 AM »

Wish HyperCube would launch on my computer. It just crashes. And I have wiimotes to use, too Cry

Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2008, 09:49:15 AM »

Try installing the latest DirectX redistributables. The engine I used needs some DLLs installed that barely anyone has by default.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=886ACB56-C91A-4A8E-8BB8-9F20F1244A8E&displaylang=en

Also you need .NET 3.5.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2008, 11:20:11 AM »

If at Gamma I was getting the scores I'm posting at home now, I would've had the top spot!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Tatsu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2008, 06:39:35 PM »

This was an extremely fun event -- I'm glad I flew out to Montreal to attend! Thanks to the Kokoromi folks for putting it together (and for the MIGS pass)!

There's nothing like seeing tons of people play your game to know what you need to change. Mostly, I see AltiToad's timing was too rough without the audio hints. I'm thinking of making a couple of post-event changes.

Has anyone tried it at home? Aside from myself, I only know one other person that's cleared advanced mode so far.
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »

Dear fish...
i just got a chance to try out "Super Hypercube" with head tracking it was very very cool ><

(thank you for including its functionality for those unable to attend!!!!)

our setup though was less then adequate.. we used a pair of hannah montana 3d glasses i got from walmart ages ago literally scotch taped to the wii sensor bar, which had to be plugged in to a powered on wii.. so there was an really awkward cable.. but me and the other people who played it thought it was really cool great work great execution many <3s
bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »

The Edge magazine article about the 'Kokoromi indie games party' is now conveniently available online:
http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/going-deep

It's a great summary, very entertaining, and the interviews are memorable.
Worth reading just for Altitoad co-creator Tim Winsky's anaglyph colour smack talk.
Bring it.

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2009, 06:07:10 AM »

Still looking for a pair of those elusive red/blue 3D glasses?
Your problems are solved!
Check out your local newsstand for "Girls of Gaming 6", which includes a pair.
http://www.playmagazine.com/thegirlsofgaming
Along with the glasses, you get a "celebration of gaming's bravest and most beautiful women".
You also get eight exclusive pieces of art in amazing 3D.

Note 1: Physical copies are currently for sale here in Toronto.

Note 2: Digital version does not comes with 3D glasses (from the website, I'm not making that up)

Note 3: What you do with the magazine is up to you. I don't want to know.

Note 4: I'd like to think that if I was a girl, I would be featured.

Note 5: Do you have a pair from the 3D SuperBowl Ad promotion? You're still screwed. Those bastards used different technology.

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2009, 05:32:37 AM »

Girls of Gaming also has Marian in it. <3

Michael Todd
Level 0

Wandering Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »

Note 4: I'd like to think that if I was a girl, I would be featured.

You made me laugh while I was drinking pepsi! I can't breath!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic