Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 07:10:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsGAMMA (Moderator: fish)GAMMA 3D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: GAMMA 3D  (Read 97353 times)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2008, 12:35:57 AM »

Cyan is the color that sits right between blue and green!

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2008, 12:55:13 AM »

Another thing, I don't have a 360 controller to test with. Is it reasonable to assume that if my game works with an average USB joypad, it will work with the 360 controller too?

aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2008, 07:19:04 AM »

So am I right in thinking that the industry standard right lens (cyan) actually looks more like green than blue? Or do I just have a crazy renegade pair of specs? They seem to be parsing watching working on those tomatoes just fine.

mines are green too . and I see 3d tomatoes so I guess it works jsut the same :D

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
DJ.jpeg
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2008, 08:30:41 AM »

Hey phil do you know of a place where I can pick up some of these glasses in Montreal? I'd rather just pop by a store on my way home from work instead of waiting for ebay or whatever.
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »

Man, I forgot how much those glasses fuck with your eyes. HEADACHE TIME

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2008, 01:25:23 PM »

Just going to post some more pictures I found to have fun with.

http://flickr.com/photos/14867521@N00/1801891803

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »

there's a whole bunch of 3d youtube videos if you search for stereoscopic anaglyphs etc Gentleman

sonictail
Level 0

Om Nom Nom

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »

Hey Guys,

For anyone in Australia or Kiwi-land that is looking at this challenge without 3d glasses, I can recommend Oz 3d Optics.  Got them delivered a day after I ordered them, and even got some "Quality Men's Reading" along with it Wink

Been playing around with a friend from Montreal Cave Story and we are still not sure if we will enter.  But this topic is pretty damn hard, and fun to think about ^_^

Out of curiosity, who has been playing with implementation first, and who has been playing with mechanics first?

ST~
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2008, 09:29:50 PM »

the paper glasses are $0.55ea . I can order a bunch and just distrib . Who needs a pair ?

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
softwaremurphy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »

Best Gamma idea ever guys!

This'll be cool. Real cool. Better than going to a funeral in 3D shades man!!!
Shpydir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »

Hiya,  Gentleman!

I'm working on an anaglyph picture maker to experiment with how anaglyph images are created.  It takes a crossview 3d image and lets you customize how the views are combined to produce the final anaglyph.

I'm going to be cleaning it up and hopefully posting it here later this weekend for you guys to play around with.

The last problem I'm having is with ghosting and my anachromatic red-pseudocyan glasses.  I can look at all kinds of pictures on the net and it's great, but the pictures with my program are mad ghosty.  I read that this type of cyan lens lets about 2% red through to allow for some reds in the final in-brain image.  If anybody knows what adjustment I need to make to compensate for this, give me a shout.  I figure this is stuff we're all going to have to deal with eventually so we might as well share notes.   

Beer!

Dainty Rhino - I'll make games...eventually.
Swell3D
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »

Howdy. This looks like a cool competition! I would like to write about in on my site (Swell 3D) and possibly even enter it myself. But I have unanswered questions about eligibility and the submission process.

Who is eligible to enter? Does it have to be a member of your organization? Does it have to be a resident of Canada, or Quebec, or Montreal? Or is it open to anyone in the world?

I read the tech requirements for eligibility, but are there other requirements or criteria? For instance, does the game have to be newly created, or will you accept a game that was made years ago? If it was already commercially released, is it still eligible?

I see a deadline for submission of Oct. 15, but how is a game submitted for consideration? Where is it sent, and in what medium? Do you need it on disc, or is email OK? Is there a fee to be paid?

And then, about the Gamma 3D gathering on Nov. 19th, where in Montreal will it be, and what time? Is there a fee for that? Is there a way to prepay for a ticket and reserve a spot? Do you have an arrangement with an hotel for travelers?

Sorry for all the questions. If there is some page where all this was already answered, you can just show me the link.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2008, 02:10:34 PM »

Who is eligible to enter? Does it have to be a member of your organization? Does it have to be a resident of Canada, or Quebec, or Montreal? Or is it open to anyone in the world?

Anyone can enter .

I read the tech requirements for eligibility, but are there other requirements or criteria? For instance, does the game have to be newly created, or will you accept a game that was made years ago? If it was already commercially released, is it still eligible?

Play fair, it can't be a game that gravitates around the theme, the gameplays have to require the use of stereoscopic glasses.

I see a deadline for submission of Oct. 15, but how is a game submitted for consideration? Where is it sent, and in what medium? Do you need it on disc, or is email OK? Is there a fee to be paid?

Has to run on WIN . eighter exec or web based players ( java / flash ) . Send it to kokoromi.

And then, about the Gamma 3D gathering on Nov. 19th, where in Montreal will it be, and what time? Is there a fee for that? Is there a way to prepay for a ticket and reserve a spot? Do you have an arrangement with an hotel for travelers?

http://sat.qc.ca/ There is no fee to enter .

I hope this helps : ) .

XXIIVV

mjau
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

the paper glasses are $0.55ea . I can order a bunch and just distrib . Who needs a pair ?

Do you send to Norway?  Wink

(Really, they seem to be impossible to find here.  Did find some European providers, but none that send internationally.)
bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2008, 09:51:12 AM »

I have 2 esoteric questions for the organizers:

1. Will you be posting/talking about the games BEFORE the event?
    i.e. Last year DIVE was being downloaded and played long before Gamma.
    Or are you keeping things secret until the event?
    Do we need to keep our games secret until selections are announced?

2. Unlike last year, I believe there is a good chance that people will come up with similar ideas (hopefully not).
    In my case, my game is based around a simple idea that I believe others might think of.
    Hence, I'm anxious to send you the playable alpha now, or create a page on my site about it.
    I don't want anyone thinking I've ripped them off -
    especially if they post a similar game ahead of mine.

On an unrelated note, if you're having trouble finding 3D glasses you could try looking in the kids section of your local bookstore. Chances are they will have a 3D book complete with glasses. Failing that, you could try looking for a 3D DVD (Spy Kids 3D, Shrek 3D) - just make sure they include the glasses. You can burn the book / DVD afterwards.

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
sonictail
Level 0

Om Nom Nom

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »

2. Unlike last year, I believe there is a good chance that people will come up with similar ideas (hopefully not).
    In my case, my game is based around a simple idea that I believe others might think of.
    Hence, I'm anxious to send you the playable alpha now, or create a page on my site about it.
    I don't want anyone thinking I've ripped them off -
    especially if they post a similar game ahead of mine.

Tho i'm not a organiser, why are you concerned about what others think?  If you have come up with your idea, put the blood sweat and tears in and know that you came up with it from the ground up why should you be worried about how your game is perceived?

If you're that worried, make sure you keep your notes and in this case, blogging is a powerful tool Wink

As long as you build the best game you can and are satisfied with the result, everything is awesome and anything else is just icing on the cake!
fish
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »

it's up to the developers to reveal their games or not.
but we like a bit of mystery.

bigpants
Level 1

hi there, i'm happy mister bigpants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:08 PM »

Count me in for the mystery approach.
If other developers start revealing (hopefully not),
I might cave.

... why are you concerned about what others think?  If you have come up with your idea, put the blood sweat and tears in and know that you came up with it from the ground up why should you be worried about how your game is perceived?

I'm not >that< worried Smiley. I'm just trying to avoid unnecessary controversy (is that possible on the Internet?). Again, my idea is exceptionally easy to implement, and is not really that unique. I actually stumbled across it while building the test program for the 3D glasses. A good programmer could put together the core game in ~2 hours (production values aside).

Imagine you posted your game here, and then the next day I posted mine featuring the same idea. Knowing the core game could be built quickly, you might think I saw your game and cloned it. i.e. You post Bejeweled, I post Jewel Quest.

My attempts at evolving the idea have all been worse the original, so I'm sticking with my initial, unfettered approach. The good news is I love how the game is turning out. If it weren't for those 3D glasses, it would totally suck - so I think I'm on the right track.

Twitter   B-Game   Demake  
one of us wears pants
Shpydir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2008, 09:12:02 PM »

Ok, gents and ladies!  Here's my little program for playing around with anaglyphs.
http://www.daintyrhino.com/files/anaglyph.zip

A good page showing some of the methods I found on this page:
http://www.3dtv.at/Knowhow/AnaglyphComparison_en.aspx

The text boxes under "Left Image" represent the matrix that is used to process the left image (red) and the boxes under "Right Image" are the same thing for the right image (cyan).  The constants from the above page can just be plugged into them to produce that kind of anaglyph. I've got several presets already coded into the program to save some typing (use the Anaglyph Method drop down menu). Wink  I'd suggest just loading a preset and playing around with the values to get a feel for what does what.

As input the program needs a crossview 3d picture.  Those are the ones that are viewed by crossing your eyes.  I've found a lot on flickr and they seem to work pretty well.
http://flickr.com/search/?q=crossview

Any questions, just give me a shout.  I'm going to try and share what I find for this project.  I hope it helps somebody.  Beer!

Dainty Rhino - I'll make games...eventually.
nayon
Level 5

dickfish

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2008, 06:15:30 AM »

FUCK! Since there were no 3d glasses around here in Ankara, I'd ordered a copy of Spy Kids 3D... But it came without glasses... apparanetly there's a non-3d version, but it says 3D on the box.... fuck this, I'm gonna make my own glasses

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic