Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 02:12:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralKickstart This Shit
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Kickstart This Shit  (Read 56960 times)
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2012, 07:12:47 AM »

I'm suspecting it's just a person who donated, and is trying to spread the word in a well intentioned but poorly executed way.

I keep posting in these threads for the same reason (I do really want them to hit their goal!), I'm just trying to not look like a spammer doing it.
Nektonico
Level 2

Time traveller graffiti

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »

A New Carmageddon is being made???

A NEW CARMAGEDDON IS BEING MADE?Huh?

HELL YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

He was built by the worlds finest surgeons to drive the fastest car ever designed and nothing can stop him now. ಠ_ృ
“The greatest misfortune is when theory outstrips performance.” - Leonardo DaVinci
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/260688528/clang?ref=home_popular Guy wants to make the perfect swordfighting game named "CLANG".

Download included with purchase. Motion control equipment is on you.

Concept looks cool and he has a reasonable scope (focus on a simple 1v1 arena fighting game).
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2012, 10:13:37 PM »

let's find the most dated 1990s game and remake it contest
what's next?
Personally I'm waitibng for the Rise of the Robots remake kickstarter, because bad textures are too rare these days

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2012, 05:38:04 AM »

i like his beard. also he looks kinda like a preacher in the video.
_Tommo_
Level 8

frn frn frn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »

Also Gabe Newell at 3:02 of the video.

Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »

Rival Threads: Last Class Heroes looks interesting. I love the art and music, but the gameplay itself looks like it'll be pretty basic, which is disappointing. Reminds me of the Persona series a bit.
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2012, 02:20:22 AM »

I just realized Kickstarter doesn't really allow internationally-based projects. However, on Indiegogo the projects are much smaller and have less amount of pledges raised (does that mean Kickstarter > Indiegogo?) What if I want to get my game kickstarted but I'm not from the US? I'd have to go to Indiegogo instead?

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2012, 02:40:23 AM »

Get in touch with somebody with a US bank account, or get your own US bank account.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2012, 03:28:05 AM »

Get in touch with somebody with a US bank account, or get your own US bank account.
You also need a US address, and maybe a proof of citizenship.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2012, 03:42:12 AM »

Well, then just get in touch with somebody with all of that... Who you also trust. Grin

New job opportunity: Kickstarter Proxy.

Laserbrain Studios
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2012, 03:43:16 AM »

Well, then just get in touch with somebody with all of that... Who you also trust. Grin

Like a family member? Alright

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2012, 08:10:45 AM »

That's why I would never fund a kickstarter project, and everybody outside US should do the same

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2012, 08:14:32 AM »

they'd probably have to go through a TON of legal bullshit to make it available outside of the US. the internet and national legislature don't go together very well.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2012, 08:26:51 AM »

then why do the other crowdfunding websites manage to do it?
also, I don't care the reason, let them find a way

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2012, 10:49:47 AM »

http://www.purplepawn.com/2012/01/kickstarter-com-an-interview-with-co-founder-yancey-strickler/

Quote from: Kickstarter Co-Founder Yancey Strickler
So the reason why we are limited to project creators only in the United States is that we use Amazon flexible payment system to process all transactions. This means that when you start a project, you sign up for an account through Amazon that allows money to be transferred to your business account. We used amazon because the time the site launched they were the only ones that had a product that would work with us. PayPal was not compatible and a lot of people had an issue with our model –the idea of charging people at a later date, lots of funds, from a lot of credit cards suddenly being transferred to a single account at once, this being someone who probably hasn’t received money before – brings all kind of fraud alerts. People are just puzzled by this in that world. But amazon is, I believe, the world’s largest retailer, lots of people have accounts and the checkout process is very simple. So we’re very glad to work with them, I think it has been really really important to Kickstarter. Amazon has yet to clear the red tape to make their service available around the world, having to deal with regulation, bureaucracy and the like. We are not going to be a US only site for ever – we are looking this year at beginning the process of making Kickstarter available in more places. So I think that you will be seeing changes of where Kickstarter’s available within the year. We are also really appreciative of everyone’s patience in waiting for us to open up more, I realise that the limitation of where Kickstarter can be used has certainly been a big reason why there have been 80 knock off sites that have started up around the world – but that’s been good for us to focus on doing this product right and just figuring out the right way for Kickstarter to work. As any start-up will tell you, scaling up to start internationally is really a big order, you know, it’s a real difficult thing to do. We’re taking our time to do it the right way to feel great about where we eventually be.

The whole kickstarter thing will probably have imploded at that point, though...

Laserbrain Studios
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2012, 03:01:17 PM »

With luck, though, it'll hold out just long enough for Moi and CA Sinclair to each score half a million dollars to make Gimmy's Sonic Clone and a Dark Souls sequel exclusively for PC, respectively.

I think the kickstarter thing will go in waves - a bunch of projects now, a cool down period while people wait to see those games actually get made, then another wave when hungry consumers fund a new wave of games.

The non-game small time projects like Nesl and MaKey MaKey will keep it going in the meantime.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2012, 06:43:42 PM »

CAsinclair would mistakenly delete his kickstarter at 75%

And I am philosophically oppposed to these hype machine fads

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »

He would Sinclair his kickstarter at 75%.
Miko Galvez
Level 7

Designer & Engineer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »

Then why don't people go to Indiegogo instead? The support they get there is really low..

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic